Still buying can't live without new Socom! 22 12.36%

Won't buy now 36 20.22%

Will buy at reduced price 25 14.04%

Meh critic reviews don't influence me 28 15.73%

Why change what works Zipper! 25 14.04%

See results 42 23.60%

Total:178

Around the Network

Course it has average reviews, theres never been a decent Socom game yet.

This game wont be selling anyway. 

Vekta said:

Troll_Whisperer on 2011-04-16 12:25

Gilgamesh said:

Thats not average thats bad!

69 average is bad? You know the game rating is broken when an 8 is average and anything below is mediocre at most...

OT: Let's see, bad reviews did not sees to affect Homefront sales too much. As for the game quality, I can't say anything because I've never been into SOCOM.

I disagree, because if you look at homefronts sales on the xbox within 4 weeks the sales have dropped dramatically, its not even registered at a million yet, only 995,000 copies, yes its near a million. Homefronts first 4 weeks werent as consistant as it was for killzone 3. Then for the ps3 version of homefront the sales are barely at half a million in the first 4 weeks. WHen your barely keeping up with a single platform game as a multiplatform game somethings wrong there.

Killzone 3 was bundled after release. Homefront as an HD game has perfectly normal legs.

Socom is a below average game from a terrible developer(Zipper) that only gets praise because it's exclusive. M.A.G. is crap, so is Socom.

This game deserves a 5.

/rant

Barozi said:
Vekta said:

Gilgamesh said:

69 average is bad? You know the game rating is broken when an 8 is average and anything below is mediocre at most...

OT: Let's see, bad reviews did not sees to affect Homefront sales too much. As for the game quality, I can't say anything because I've never been into SOCOM.

I disagree, because if you look at homefronts sales on the xbox within 4 weeks the sales have dropped dramatically, its not even registered at a million yet, only 995,000 copies, yes its near a million. Homefronts first 4 weeks werent as consistant as it was for killzone 3. Then for the ps3 version of homefront the sales are barely at half a million in the first 4 weeks. WHen your barely keeping up with a single platform game as a multiplatform game somethings wrong there.

Killzone 3 was bundled after release. Homefront as an HD game has perfectly normal legs.

Killzone 3 has perfectly good legs to, the bundle deals only account fo 10 percent of the sales. so 10 percent out of a 100 isnt that much of a big difference, kz3 still has legs regardless, and then lets say " IF " the bundle deal accounts for over half of the sales even though it doesnt, it still doesnt matter because you still have a multiplatform game going against an exclusive game for sales, so it would be fair for kz3 to be bundled, but like i said bundle deals only account for 10 percent, so homefront isnt doing that well, and you say homefronts legs? homefronts legs are dropping within the first 4 weeks, killzone 3's 3rd-4th week crushes homefronts. Look at the charts.

Around the Network
Bootles said:

Um...you're kidding, right?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Vekta said:
Barozi said:
Vekta said:

Gilgamesh said:

Killzone 3 has perfectly good legs to, the bundle deals only account fo 10 percent of the sales. so 10 percent out of a 100 isnt that much of a big difference, kz3 still has legs regardless, and then lets say " IF " the bundle deal accounts for over half of the sales even though it doesnt, it still doesnt matter because you still have a multiplatform game going against an exclusive game for sales, so it would be fair for kz3 to be bundled, but like i said bundle deals only account for 10 percent, so homefront isnt doing that well, and you say homefronts legs? homefronts legs are dropping within the first 4 weeks, killzone 3's 3rd-4th week crushes homefronts. Look at the charts.

well according to NPD Killzone 3 is probably overtracked anyway and if not then the bundles accounted for much more than 10% for last month in America. Dropping from 125k to 75k is already unrealistic, but then rising in the next week to 98k without any reason is just impossible for an HD game in its 4th week. So either overtracked or much more bundles then just 10%. (btw. where's the proof for that bold statement ?)

And again Homefront's legs are perfectly normal. Never said the were outstanding, but it's performing like a normal game outside the holidays.

rrrnearrr said:

Socom is a below average game from a terrible developer(Zipper) that only gets praise because it's exclusive. M.A.G. is crap, so is Socom.

This game deserves a 5.

/rant

SOCOM II's dedicated community and metacritic reviews disagree with you.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Barozi said:
Vekta said:
Barozi said:
Vekta said:

Gilgamesh said:

well according to NPD Killzone 3 is probably overtracked anyway and if not then the bundles accounted for much more than 10%. Dropping from 125k to 75k is already unrealistic, but then rising in the next week to 98k without any reason is just impossible for an HD game in its 4th week. So either overtracked or much more bundles then just 10%. (btw. where's the proof for that bold statement ?)

And again Homefront's legs are perfectly normal. Never said the were outstanding, but it's performing like a normal game outside the holidays.

Actually sir wheres your proof for your " BOLD STATEMENT " because if you knew what you were talking about you would know NPD actually proves killzone 3 sold really well with outstanding legs, and what do you mean " RISING " you act like killzone 3's 3rd week was like 20 k and then the 4th week was 100k, it was around the same area, killzone 3's 3rd week in america was 78 k and its 4th week was 98k, thats not much of a difference except being consistant, and kz3 is not over tracked, and sources for killzone 3 selling well  http://www.gamesthirst.net/2011/04/15/killzone-3-sold-well-in-the-u-s-last-month/.......... and you also act like homefront dropping from 145k to 64k " isnt bad or unreleastic " thats more worse than killzone 3 dropping 125k to 75k, and then for kz3's drop thats a fair drop considering the fact it was going from the 2nd week to the 3rd week, thats still awesome legs for kz3, homefronts legs just average to below average considering its major drop

huaxiong90 said:
Bootles said:

Um...you're kidding, right?

Actually i dont think hes kidding you, it sounds like you really want socom to do this outstanding of a job, it wont break more than 320k its first week sales, have you seen the reviews for it? metacritic is at 67/100 for it right now and reviews like these actually affect the " casual " gamers decisions of picking games up. Socom has declined in sales with every newer socom coming out, but i do agree socom 4 will beat out confrontation but not by much, my predictions life time itll do about 1.5-1.7......... and thats going down a year in the road with a price cut.