Won't buy now 36 20.22%

Will buy at reduced price 25 14.04%

Meh critic reviews don't influence me 28 15.73%

Why change what works Zipper! 25 14.04%

See results 42 23.60%

Total:178
huaxiong90 said:
rrrnearrr said:

Socom is a below average game from a terrible developer(Zipper) that only gets praise because it's exclusive. M.A.G. is crap, so is Socom.

This game deserves a 5.

/rant

SOCOM II's dedicated community and metacritic reviews disagree with you.

well for the socom 2 dedicated community part, im not sure, seems like the fans of the old series are already with hate and discontent for this game, and for metacrtitic? whoa dont get me started its at a 67/100 right now, do you really consider that " OUTSTANDING "? i mean its outstanding if your a hardcore fan of the series and dont want to fail. But come on seriously 67 " disagrees with him " ? 

Around the Network
pezus said:
Vekta said:
huaxiong90 said:
Bootles said:

Course it has average reviews, theres never been a decent Socom game yet.

This game wont be selling anyway. 

Um...you're kidding, right?

Actually i dont think hes kidding you, it sounds like you really want socom to do this outstanding of a job, it wont break more than 320k its first week sales, have you seen the reviews for it? metacritic is at 67/100 for it right now and reviews like these actually affect the " casual " gamers decisions of picking games up. Socom has declined in sales with every newer socom coming out, but i do agree socom 4 will beat out confrontation but not by much, my predictions life time itll do about 1.5-1.7......... and thats going down a year in the road with a price cut.

I don't think casual gamers go to metacritic and look up review scores...

okay so you talk about " i dont think casual gamers go to metacritic and look up reviews ", well that can go by opinions, but i know a lot of casual gamers that go off by the word of mouth or reviews for games before buying it. Socom confrontation which was a little lower than s4's metacritic barely hit a million copies in 3 years with a price cut, what makes you think S4 is going to sell tremendously with a little higher metacritic score. Dont even tell me its the single player because lots of the reviews point out the story is boring, uninspiring, and only takes about 6 hours to beat. They talk about the Co-op is good but not outstanding.Then if were talking about " casual " gamers of the cod market, its not like the cod market is just going to up and quit cod to play socom 4, if the casuals want to play call of duty their gonna stick to and play call of duty. for the fact zipper even thinks s4 is going to steal the cod market away is just a major gamble, thats most likely going to fail.

pezus said:
Vekta said:
pezus said:
Vekta said:
huaxiong90 said:
Bootles said:

Course it has average reviews, theres never been a decent Socom game yet.

This game wont be selling anyway. 

Um...you're kidding, right?

Actually i dont think hes kidding you, it sounds like you really want socom to do this outstanding of a job, it wont break more than 320k its first week sales, have you seen the reviews for it? metacritic is at 67/100 for it right now and reviews like these actually affect the " casual " gamers decisions of picking games up. Socom has declined in sales with every newer socom coming out, but i do agree socom 4 will beat out confrontation but not by much, my predictions life time itll do about 1.5-1.7......... and thats going down a year in the road with a price cut.

I don't think casual gamers go to metacritic and look up review scores...

okay so you talk about " i dont think casual gamers " go to metacritic and look up reviews, well that can go by opinions, but i know a lot of casual gamers that go off by the word of mouth or reviews for games before buying it. Then if were talking about " casual " gamers of the cod market, its not like the cod market is just going to up and quit cod to play socom 4, if the casuals want to play to call of duty their gonna stick to and play call of duty. for the fact zipper even thinks s4 is going to steal the cod market away is just a major gamble, thats most likely going to fail.

Yeah, it's more by word of mouth than reviews...look at Homefront for example. Those who frequent gaming websites are most often not casuals, but rather interested in the gaming scene (why else would they visit gaming websites?). Casual gamers game casually and don't really care about reviews (Just Dance 1/2, Kinect games, lots of Wii games).

Yea you got some good points there, but the " word of mouth " for s4 isnt looking to good, and the ones that are positive are only sayings its decent at best, majority of the vets of this game are showing hate and discontent for this game. Its getting mixed emotions, so the " word of mouth " for this game isnt looking to well overall.

G4tv has given the best score i've seen for it 4 out of 5. thats like a 8 or 9.5 out of 10?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

G4tv has given the best score i've seen for it 4 out of 5. thats like a 8 or 9.5 out of 10?

Yea g4tv gave it the highest score, thats the highest it got so far. I dont think one high score can over turn all the reviews into a truely positive of a 100. Speaking of g4-tv they gave kz3 a 4/5 which your saying is like 8.5, 9.5, but it didnt tip kz3 to get a 100 on the meta even with its 100 score reviews from 3-4 different other sites.

Around the Network
rrrnearrr said:

Socom is a below average game from a terrible developer(Zipper) that only gets praise because it's exclusive. M.A.G. is crap, so is Socom.

This game deserves a 5.

/rant

That's worthy of a long article right there.

Vekta said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Yea g4tv gave it the highest score, thats the highest it got so far. I dont think one high score can over turn all the reviews into a truely positive of a 100. Speaking of g4-tv they gave kz3 a 4/5 which your asking is like 8.5, 9.5, but it didnt tip kz3 to get a 100 on the meta even with its 100 score reviews from 3-4 different other sites.

true

i think KZ3 should have goten a better score from some places but even i couldn't give it a 10 lol.

i wasn't asking a 8.5 or 9.5. i was saying a 4 is ruffly the equivalent of that.

Vekta said:
huaxiong90 said:
rrrnearrr said:

This game deserves a 5.

/rant

SOCOM II's dedicated community and metacritic reviews disagree with you.

well for the socom 2 dedicated community part, im not sure, seems like the fans of the old series are already with hate and discontent for this game, and for metacrtitic? whoa dont get me started its at a 67/100 right now, do you really consider that " OUTSTANDING "? i mean its outstanding if your a hardcore fan of the series and dont want to fail. But come on seriously 67 " disagrees with him " ? 

I think he meant socom 2s metacritic, got a 87, Socom 2 was legendary and it shows by how many fans are so upset over somag 4, If he was really referring to socom 4s meta than idk pretty weird.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

and? what did this game do that seperates it from other war shooters?

looks the definition of average to me..didnt need a review to tell me that.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Vekta said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Yea g4tv gave it the highest score, thats the highest it got so far. I dont think one high score can over turn all the reviews into a truely positive of a 100. Speaking of g4-tv they gave kz3 a 4/5 which your asking is like 8.5, 9.5, but it didnt tip kz3 to get a 100 on the meta even with its 100 score reviews from 3-4 different other sites.

true

i think KZ3 should have goten a better score from some places but even i couldn't give it a 10 lol.

i wasn't asking a 8.5 or 9.5. i was saying a 4 is ruffly the equivalent of that.

Whoops typo yea 4/5 is pretty much that equivalent, your right. I do agree some sites couldve atleast given a little higher score but i like the meta it got, despite it being lower than kz2. I thought gamespot for instance couldve given it a .5 higher to tip it to 9.0, because it seems like they knocked points off the story, i thought the story was pretty good espically for a science fiction war story and a shooter ( not to mention i read a lot of the back story ). I mean its not the best story for sure but its pretty good. But i do agree they couldve adden in a lot more content for the game to get a 10.0. I think 9 is the max this game couldve legitly got.