By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you "accidentally" bought a game twice?

Have you "accidentally" bought a game twice?

Yes 42 23.73%

No 133 75.14%

Total:175

I did once.

I bought Crimson Skies for the Xbox and had played it and beaten it to death. A few months later Halo 2 was about to be released, and I wanted Xbox live. So I went out and got a Xbox live 1 years subscription bundle and it had a copy of Crimson Skies.

I just traded in that second copy and I think I got a whopping $2 for it.

Around the Network

I "accidentally" bought a game once.  Thought, I'd be good and played it and it was crap.

Never "accidentally" bought a game I already owned though

I had a bundled copy of Sega Superstars Tennis........... thought i had left it at work (old workplace) or round at a buddies.

Went and bought a copy for £3 from CEX, then spotted my other copy in the drawer when i got home.

It's not much, but there's travel expenses to take in to account too.

All i can say is......... oops.

My game collection never gets big enough to the point where I can't remember which games I own.

But I did buy Resident Evil 4 on the GC, PS2, and Wii so that might count

Never happened to me, but I was just thinking... maybe it could happen to someone who bought a game with a different name than his own thinking it was a sequel or something, but then it just turned out to be a port

My friend had Phantom Brave on PS2 and he said it was cool, a Wii version was announced with the added subtitle "we meet again" and we thought it was a sequel until we checked it out and it turned out to be just a port. Same with the PSP port of the game with the subtitle "the hermuda triangle"

I ended up buying the Wii version but not by accident, it's cuz my friend said the game was great (and it was!)

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I've been buying Call of Duty 4:  Modern Warfare over and over again.  This time, it was called Black Ops.  That sonuva bitch is getting clever.

LOL post of the day.

No but I have multple version of games like.. I have Metal gear Solid JP, EU, Integral and PC version... Castlevania Symphony of the Night;Saturn, PS1 Pal, PS1 JP,... millions of Final Fantasy's orginal, ps1 remakes, gba, iphone, wonderswan.. and many more

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

not accidentally... but i do own two copies of GTA IV... one that i bought back in the days it came out... and now i bought the complete edition... but just because was cheapper than the disc with just the two episodes!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I actually bought 3 copies of WarHawk because the LAN play allows you to play with 4 players for each PS3, so sometimes I have awesome WarHawk parties with my friends when they bring their PS3s

Not accidently.