By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SONY: PS3 over 50m units sold and 8m MOVE units sold.

CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
goforgold said:

don't waste you time

Great comeback.

You really need to leave things be, you aren't helping the situation.

Great comeback! :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Seece said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

LOL userbase is closer to 35/40 mill ... are you kidding ..

That stupid equation aside, it's not about what's active, it's about how many consumers have bought the product.

How many consumers have bought 2,3, 4 360's, how many consumers have had the 360's replaced by MS, how many have ugraded to the new slim version. You see, the same way you can put equation into Move, we can do the same for other consoles. The simple fact is, you don't know  the actual userbase of Move. 

Very thin veiled excuses psrock.

Ioi seems to be tracking Move very well, he correctly predicted 7/8 mill shipped around March 1st, he estimates about a 4/5 mill userbase. So I'm going with that. after it's better than "oh, we just don't know"

He kinda has a point. If Microsoft had reliable systems and people didn't have to replace them 4-5 times the PS3 probably would've been well ahead of Microsoft by now.

Considering you get a 3 yr warranty, only a dumbass would have bought 4/5 xbox's insted of get them repaired for free, hence why I fail to believe that's happened outside of a few occasions.

You're completely ignoring the fact that MS denied the problem of RROD for about a 1-1 1/2 years.  How many broke down in that time?  Also the 3 year warranty only covered RROD, and later E74, not all 360 defects.  And how many decided to just buy a new Slim when there previous model, even if repaired, still had issues?  And what happens when the 3 year warranty expires on your console?  I mean later this year will mark the 360's 6th year on the market.

This is true. The three year warranty for the consumers who bought the 360's is up, unless they bought 360's a year or so after Microsoft announced the three year warranty.

kitler53 said:
hudsoniscool said:

i know this is a ps3 thread but with ps3 at 50 million(great milestone) 360 is probably at a liitle over 53 million right now. does anyone know if ps3 has gained on the 360 since last official numbers. damn its taken 5 years for ps3 to gain 3 million by that it could take another 5 until they are even.

i think the averge move owner has about 2 moves so that would put the unique users at about 4 million, which i think is decent.

you're forgetting the average ps3 owner has no friends and plays with himself.

8 million shipped means 8 million unique users!

But some games require two Move controllers for the full experience. Like The Fight... and some of the other mega sellers.

I would assume the userbase is around 3.5 million.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

M.U.G.E.N said:
CGI-Quality said:
Nsanity said:
goforgold said:

don't waste you time

Great comeback.

You really need to leave things be, you aren't helping the situation.

Great comeback! :P

I would give it 4/10 stars! PS. I am bored, but the topic at hand is dull. 

PS Move is indeed a waste of time and resources.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
goforgold said:
psrock said:
Nsanity said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
late_release said:
psrock said:

I'm very happy to Move being a huge susscess. Hopefully Sony support it properly. As for PS3, expected numbers. 

Hmm what you mean? As far as I see the Move TANKED in comparison with its rivals :/

It's couple million behind the fastest selling product ever, that's a success to me. 

This is where the 8 mill vs 10 mill (plus) figures are deceptive.

When the Move userbase isn't actually anywhere near 10 mill, or 8 mill, and in a longer time frame .. it's not so HUGE.

Move has done well, but an estimated 4/5 mill userbase in 6 months plus including a holiday period ... isn't HUGE.

It's doing very well though and will chug along nicely.

Selling 8 million of any products in 6 months no matter the userbase is huge to me. Sellling is selling. And I really don't care much for userbase since it''s nearly impossible to know, I only have one move, obviously I know people with more than one 360, it means nothing. Sony sold 8 million move, HUGE.

Don't you mean shipping?

Selling to MS, Nintendo, Sony is shipping. Why is this always an issue, you've been here long enough. 

don't waste you time

Great comeback.

you try too hard dude, all you who responded to him are trying WAY too hard. all he did is congratulate the move on selling well and got flamed by 360 fans. Seriously guys go circle jerk kinect in the 1 million 360 threads YOU created. yeah kinect sold WAAAY better than the move woopdie freaking doo, no one is denying that and no one thought it wouldn't, so STFU about it?

RolStoppable said:

Move has been a waste of Sony's resources. Hardly anyone would be sad, if it didn't exist.

I agree

do people believe for a second that when sony has a price drop ms wont follow suit straight away?

Carl2291 said:

A good point for Move would be that we have no idea how much SW they're moving at all, due to all the Move compatible games that were released before Move.

Games like RE5 and Heavy Rain for example...

And then you have KZ3/LBP2 out recently...

And then you have PS3 SW being undertracked by like 70 Million...

So erm... Yeah

How did this post get ignored? I for one only have one move and the only SW i had for it was HR until LBP2 came out. Soon I will get Infamous 2

selnor said:
psrock said:
Seece said:
psrock said:
Seece said:

Then you need to get a perspective on things.

Only if I care like you do.

Care about what exactly? such a chip on your shoulder as per usual.

When it comes to these products knowing userbase is not possible, your 4/5 million sold mostly  through guessing if one person bought 2 move. Do we know how many people have more than one move? no. So I am going to put things into perspective based on nothing but guess work. 

So, I am going soly on what I know for sure, the amount sold. And to me, it's a huge success. 

Actually sorry to point the obvious, but unless your saying that millions of people are spending money on Move and bought no games for it in 6 months, then it's simple to see that Move is actually in ( high probabilty ) no more than 4 million homes. 

The SW sales are so astronomically low, that noone can say with a straight face Move userbase is anywhere near 8 million.

or most people are buying games like heavy rain, MAG, LBP2 and KIllzone 3, then Resistance; i am. the only move only game i have is Sports champions, and the only other one that im interested in is Sorcery

its probably in around 5 million homes, ~1.5 Moves per person