Killzone 3 89 36.48%

The Orange Box 61 25.00%

Crysis 2 11 4.51%

Bulletstorm 6 2.46%

Call Of Duty Black Ops 22 9.02%

Total:244
AussieGecko said:
zgamer5 said:

you question kz3 when you like black ops?

what a shame.

He is questioning the skewed results with so far only one person I have seen personally and it was after D21lewis comment, come on now, why even bother put threads in if it is going to get this heavily skewed. Absolute bollocks. 

This site is turning into N4G...

i was talking quality wise.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

He is questioning the skewed results with so far only one person I have seen personally and it was after D21lewis comment, come on now, why even bother put threads in if it is going to get this heavily skewed. Absolute bollocks.  

This site is turning into N4G...

The site is turning into N4G because a poll is skewed in the favor of a PS3 game despite hardly anyone actually saying so in the forum.

Basically, you're saying because a load of lurkers voted KZ3, the site is turning into N4G.

Okay.

Modern Warfare 2 would probably get my no1 vote.

Bioshock or Goldeneye for me.

A lot of good shooters, but very, very few 'great' ones this gen

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Selnor wants the VG$ ;)

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I know people are entitiled to their own opinion but:  Get the fuck outta here, VGChartz.  I KNOW nobody honestly believes that Killzone 3 is the best FPS this whole generation!!  No way!  This game is like a pretty girl with no personality.  Are we really that shallow?  I facepalm'ed so hard I have a forehead bruise.

*edit*  I just read this whole thread and NOBODY that posted has called KZ3 the best FPS and yet, it's currently the number vote getter.  I voted for Call of Duty Black Ops, btw--it's just represents the Call of Duty series that I enjoy despite not being a big FPS fan.  I'd vote Halo 3/Reach as second place contenders if I could.

I agree but the list lacks the bests one... so Killzone 3 for me is the best in that list.

Eg. Halo 3 multiplayer for me is best than Killzone 3 but Reach not.

And the others?

The Orange Box? That my choice if Portal not eclipsed the others games in the pack... and Portal is more puzzle than FPS.
Crysis 2? The multiplayer is the worst part of the game. 
Bulletstorm 4? No way.
Call Of Duty Black Ops? No.

So the best choice in the list is Killzone 3.

Where's the option for GoldenEye? I thought I would hate it, but that game is awesome (single player mind you, I usualy don't play online for long).

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Reasonable said:
rocketpig said:

Good God, I have lost all faith in gamers.

If you're including Orange Box as one game, I don't see how anyone could vote for ANYTHING else. It has one of the best FPS of all time (Half-Life 2) plus two of that game's expansions, it has one of the best multi-player experiences of the past ten years (TF2), AND it has the crowning FPS achievement of this generation, Portal, bundled into it.

There are plenty of other great FPS this generation but none that offer the length, quality, and multi-faceted gameplay options of Orange Box.

Just what I was going to say.

Taken as a single purchase, Orange Box literally blows every thing else on the list out the water.  A larger - and arguably much better - SP campaign than any of the others with HL2 plus both Episodes.  Industry leading - and award winning - innovation in Portal as well as some great MP options.  For quality/content combined no other single title comes close.

Mind you polls always skew to more recent titles just like film polls, then later on the young predenters start dropping down polls/best off lists like flies leaving the true classics in their higher positions, and this is definately looking like one of those polls.

Just being reminded of Orange Box is prompting me to go buy it again for Mac. It's only $20 now. I'm curious to see it on my new 15" MBP.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Reasonable said:
rocketpig said:

If you're including Orange Box as one game, I don't see how anyone could vote for ANYTHING else. It has one of the best FPS of all time (Half-Life 2) plus two of that game's expansions, it has one of the best multi-player experiences of the past ten years (TF2), AND it has the crowning FPS achievement of this generation, Portal, bundled into it.

There are plenty of other great FPS this generation but none that offer the length, quality, and multi-faceted gameplay options of Orange Box.

Taken as a single purchase, Orange Box literally blows every thing else on the list out the water.  A larger - and arguably much better - SP campaign than any of the others with HL2 plus both Episodes.  Industry leading - and award winning - innovation in Portal as well as some great MP options.  For quality/content combined no other single title comes close.

Mind you polls always skew to more recent titles just like film polls, then later on the young predenters start dropping down polls/best off lists like flies leaving the true classics in their higher positions, and this is definately looking like one of those polls.

Just being reminded of Orange Box is prompting me to go buy it again for Mac. It's only $20 now. I'm curious to see it on my new 15" MBP.

I replayed Portal just recently just to get back into the Portal frame of mind for Portal 2.  Then I figured, what the hell, and played HL2 plus EP1 and EP2 through from start to finish over about a week.

Damn.  Those titles remain the best SP campaign ever IMHO.  The pacing, the depth of gameplay and seamless exposition during gameplay... still the best in SP FPS I'd argue.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
rocketpig said:
Reasonable said:
rocketpig said:

I replayed Portal just recently just to get back into the Portal frame of mind for Portal 2.  Then I figured, what the hell, and played HL2 plus EP1 and EP2 through from start to finish over about a week.

Damn.  Those titles remain the best SP campaign ever IMHO.  The pacing, the depth of gameplay and seamless exposition during gameplay... still the best in SP FPS I'd argue.

To put it lightly, I'm looking forward to playing it again. I don't think I even played Ep 2 so there should be new content for me as well. It will be a good primer for Portal 2 and Ep 3, if/when that releases.

Plus, I want to test the new MBP as a gaming rig. Orange Box won't put much of a strain on the system but I want to see how well FPS games play with a Magic Mouse (great for design work but I'm skeptical of its gaming abilities).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/