By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Give me your 360 top 10s

mantlepiecek said:

I haven't played 10 exclusive 360 games......extremely weird.

1) Gears of War

2) Fable 2

3) Halo 3

4) Gears of War 2

5) Fable 3

6) Crackdown

7) Perfect Dark Zero (<-Hate this game)

That's it...well this list obviously excludes Mass effect series and left 4 Dead series.

Thanks very much for your list. As I mentioned above, I already have Gears on PC, but the rest is good. Is there any reason you disliked Perfect Dark Zero so much (and, if so, why bother including it in your list?!)?

Around the Network

Dance Central: Best motion controlled game (my current addiction)

Alan Wake:  Best atmosphere/Exclusive graphics

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2:  Horrible game.  Best virtual boobies.  I got it for maybe $10

Halo 3/Halo Reach:  Best FPS's

Gears of War 2:  Possibly my favorite game this gen.......don't judge me.

Fable 2/3:  Most addicting (especially if you can find someone to go online with you)

Lost Odyssey:  Best JRPG this gen (hands down, in my opinion)

Splinter Cell Conviction:  Best use of Michael Ironside

Viva Pinata-Trouble in Paradise:  Best time waster

Ace Combat 6:  Best dog-fight simulator

Dead Rising:  Best use Frank West (HD, only)

Halo Wars:  Best RTS

Bonus:  XBLA list--some may be on PC.  Hell if I know:

Kingdom for Keflings/World of Keflings:  Best Animal Crossing ripoff (it's addicting as hell--I'm playing both at once!)

Beyond Good and Evil HD: Best last gen revival

Comic Jumper:  Most funny (the heir to Earthworm Jim's throne?)

Crash Course:  Most free.....(one could argue that Harm's Way, Hexic HD, and a few others are equally free, though)

Geometry Wars:  Purest gaming experience

Limbo:  Most brain busting

Pinball FX:  Most nostalgic (Pinball FX 2 is free, btw)

Shadow Complex:  Best downloadable game, ever.

Splosion Man:  Best platformer

Super Meat Boy:  Most meaty?

The Maw:  Most family friendly

Uno (with XBL Vision Camera):  Most likely to see real boobies from horny girls on the internet--has a few features not found in other versions, too.

---it was tough not tossing in some of the other XBLA games and I know I named a lot more than ten.  Sorry bout that.

Hapimeses said:
mantlepiecek said:

I haven't played 10 exclusive 360 games......extremely weird.

1) Gears of War

2) Fable 2

3) Halo 3

4) Gears of War 2

5) Fable 3

6) Crackdown

7) Perfect Dark Zero (<-Hate this game)

That's it...well this list obviously excludes Mass effect series and left 4 Dead series.

Thanks very much for your list. As I mentioned above, I already have Gears on PC, but the rest is good. Is there any reason you disliked Perfect Dark Zero so much (and, if so, why bother including it in your list?!)?

Well, by logic you said top 10. Since the list is struggling to reach the top 10 just by using favourite games, I included one that I hate as well..lol.

I am not sure why I hate perfect dark zero. It felt a bit weird when I started playing it, the story is very unclear and the game takes you for granted that you know the backstory already.

I haven't tried the online and people say the online for this game is good, but the single player was extremely uninspired. I had difficulty knowing who the enemy was, and who my friends were my first time through it.

I included Gears of War because it was exclusive for one year. It is by far the best game I have played on the 360.

d21lewis said:

Can't believe I forgot this game. My list above is flawed...

I guess you've got lots of recommendations already, plus I note you have a lot of 360/PC titles on PC already particularly Mass Effect and Valve titles (good man, so do I) so I'll just say the 360 only titles I'd underscore are:

Gears 2

Lost Odyssey

Limbo

Fable 2 / 3

Halo 3 / Reach

Shadow Complex

Alan Wake

Viva Pinata

I tried Gears 1 on PC and it was okay but playing Gears 2 on 360 you can really tell they designed it for the console/controller.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Dance Central: Best motion controlled game (my current addiction)

Alan Wake:  Best atmosphere/Exclusive graphics

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2:  Horrible game.  Best virtual boobies.  I got it for maybe $10

Halo 3/Halo Reach:  Best FPS's

Gears of War 2:  Possibly my favorite game this gen.......don't judge me.

Fable 2/3:  Most addicting (especially if you can find someone to go online with you)

Lost Odyssey:  Best JRPG this gen (hands down, in my opinion)

Splinter Cell Conviction:  Best use of Michael Ironside

Viva Pinata-Trouble in Paradise:  Best time waster

Ace Combat 6:  Best dog-fight simulator

Halo Wars:  Best RTS

Bonus:  XBLA list--some may be on PC.  Hell if I know:

Kingdom for Keflings/World of Keflings:  Best Animal Crossing ripoff (it's addicting as hell--I'm playing both at once!)

Beyond Good and Evil HD: Best last gen revival

Comic Jumper:  Most funny (the heir to Earthworm Jim's throne?)

Crash Course:  Most free.....(one could argue that Harm's Way, Hexic HD, and a few others are equally free, though)

Geometry Wars:  Purest gaming experience

Limbo:  Most brain busting

Pinball FX:  Most nostalgic (Pinball FX 2 is free, btw)

Shadow Complex:  Best downloadable game, ever.

Splosion Man:  Best platformer

Super Meat Boy:  Most meaty?

The Maw:  Most family friendly

Uno (with XBL Vision Camera):  Most likely to see real boobies from horny girls on the internet--has a few features not found in other versions, too.

---it was tough not tossing in some of the other XBLA games and I know I named a lot more than ten.  Sorry bout that.

Thanks for dropping in. Much awesomeness in there. To tackle some specifics:

List 1: Dance Central (own it already; bought it with the 360); Alan Wake (forgot about this...); DoA (Best virtual boobies, eh?); Halo 3 (own), Reach (I'll complete 3 first); Gears 2 (it's a must); Lost Odyssey (is it really that good? -- regardless, I'm sold); the rest (I'll get to those later, once I'm done with my first batch of games).

List 2: UNO with boobs? Really? The PSN version is now officially shit! Also, are there really boobs? Like, really? I forget the other games you mention. BOOBS!

Reasonable said:

I guess you've got lots of recommendations already, plus I note you have a lot of 360/PC titles on PC already particularly Mass Effect and Valve titles (good man, so do I) so I'll just say the 360 only titles I'd underscore are:

Gears 2

Lost Odyssey

Limbo

Fable 2 / 3

Halo 3 / Reach

Shadow Complex

Alan Wake

Viva Pinata

I tried Gears 1 on PC and it was okay but playing Gears 2 on 360 you can really tell they designed it for the console/controller.

Y'know, that looks like a perfect little list of games to get going with, really.

And, yes, Gears works better with a controller. I fully, wholeheartedly, agree. As I mentioned earlier, I ended up playing it on PC with a pad as it just felt better than M&K. A rare conclusion for me.

Hapimeses said:
smroadkill15 said:

Top ten retail exclusives

Halo: Reach
Mass Effect 1
Alan Wake
Gears 2
Fable 2
Left 4 dead 2
Gears 1
Forza 3
Halo 3
Crackdown 2

Top Ten arcade

Shadow Complex
Splosion Man
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
The Maw
Trials HD
ilomilo
World of Kefling
Comic Jumper
Castle Crashers

This list is in no partical order

Thanks for both the lists. Very handy!

From the first, I already have the Mass Effect games and Gears 1, and the Left 4 Dead games I've almost bought during Steam sales many times, but the rest are perfect.

On the second list, Super Meat Boy is available on PC, and I have Castle Crashers on the PS3, but the rest look awesome, though I don't know much about quite a few of the titles. Still, gives me something to look up. Have you listed them in order of preference, or is the list in a random order.

Instead of ME1, Gears 1, and L4d I would add Halo Wars, Lost Oddssey, and Dead Rising.

To replace the arcade games you have I would put Toy Soldier, Pefect Dark, monday night combat, and Bonjo & Kazooie. 

You might want to check this out because there is going to be HUGE deals this month starting today till the end of the month.  

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/12/xbox-live-april-schedule-redux-gears-3-beta-deals-on-limbo-sh/

Here is the list of deals and other goodies from the 15th till the end of the month

Gears of War 3 beta dates:

• April 18: Bulletstorm purchasers gain entry
  • April 25: GameStop pre-orderers gain entry
  • May 15: Beta period ends

Sales & Specials:

• April 15: Limbo - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 15: Castle Crashers - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 15: Shadow Complex - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 15: Trials HD - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 15: Monday Night Combat - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Halo: Reach Noble Map Pack - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Halo 3 Mythic Map Pack - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Halo 3 Mythic II Map Pack - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Halo: Reach Emile SPARTAN 239 Armor (male and female) - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Halo: Reach UNSC Marine Armor (male and female) - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Gears of War 2 Locust Drone Armor (male and female) - 160 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Gears of War 3 Ticker Pet - 160 MS Points ($2)
  • April 12 - April 18: Forza 3 Community Choice Classics Pack - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Forza 3 Sidewinder Proving Grounds - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Forza 3 Hot Holidays Car Pack - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Crackdown 2 Premium Toy Box Pack- 280 MS Points ($3.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Crackdown 2 Premium Deluge Pack - 280 MS Points ($3.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Alan Wake: The Writer - 280 MS Points ($3.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Fable 3 Warrior Helmet (male and female) - 120 MS Points ($1.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Toy Soldiers - 800 MS Points ($10)
  • April 12 - April 18: Perfect Dark - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Trials HD: Big Thrills - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Play! - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Braid - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Splosion Man - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Snoopy Flying Ace - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Uno Rush - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Duke Nukem 3D - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Duke Nukem Manhattan Project - 400 MS Points ($5)

Additionally, there will be a 50% discount on select Sega games from April 19-25, including Crazy Taxi, Sonic 4: Episode 1 and Outrun Online Arcade.

Xbox Live Arcade:

• April 13: Might and Magic Clash of Heroes - 1200 MS Points ($15)
  • April 20: Section 8 Prejudice - 1200 MS Points ($15)
  • April 20: Fancy Pants - 800 MS Points ($10)

Deal of the Week:

• April 12 - April 18: Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 12 - April 18: Mega Man 10 - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Final Fight Double Impact - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 12 - April 18: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
  • April 19 - April 25: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Toned Body DLC - 160 MS Points ($2)
  • April 19 - April 25: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Bollywood DLC - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
  • April 19 - April 25: 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 19 - April 25: Peggle - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 19 - April 25: Peggle Nights - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 19 - April 25: Plants vs. Zombies - 800 MS Points ($10)
  • April 19 - April 25: ilomilo - 400 MS Points ($5)
  • April 19 - April 25: Avatar Egg Hunt - 80 MS Points ($1)
  • April 19 - April 25: Avatar Bunny Outfit - 120 MS Points ($1.50)
  • April 19 - April 25: Monkey Prop - 120 MS Points ($1.50)

Games on Demand:

• April 12: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing ($29.99)
  • April 12: Toy Story 3: The Video Game ($29.99)
  • April 12: Raven Squad ($19.99)
  • April 19: Fallout: New Vegas (price TBA)
  • April 19: Mafia 2 (price TBA)
  • April 19: Lost Planet 2 (price TBA)

Xbox Avatar Marketplace

• April 19: South Park
  • April 19: Mortal Kombat

Alan Wake

Halo: Reach

Gears of War 2

Halo 3

Console "exclusives" also on PC:

Gears of War 1 (which I would place above Gears 2)

Mass Effect 1

Left 4 Dead 1&2