By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Give me your 360 top 10s

Hey-up.

Just bought a 360, and it'll arrive in a couple of days, so I've been mulling over what games to get, both now and into the future. I recently provided some PS3 top 10s in this thread, and, afterwards, figured similar lists for the 360 would be damn handy, so here I am asking you, the gaming public, for some help.

What are your top 10 retail 360 exclusives (not console exclusives, I already have a gaming PC, and own most decent multiplats already), and your top 10 XBLA games?

Any and all opinions are extremely welcome. Also, if you fancy justifying your choices, or marking them out of ten, or simply giving a little description, feel free to do so. The more information on the games I can gather the better as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks in advance.

Around the Network

I can't give you ten Xbox 360 exclusives, but I can give you two that I would strongly reccomend

Gears of War 2 10/10

- If you don't know about this game then you have been living under a rock, but basically amazingly satisfying cover based shooting (and pick up GeoW 1 if you haven't)

Lost Odyssey 9/10

- A nice old fashioned turn based jRPG, that you can really get stuck into. Good graphics, good story, good gameplay. This game pretty much has it all apart from me getting annoyed at inventory systems as usual

Munkeh111 said:

I can't give you ten Xbox 360 exclusives, but I can give you two that I would strongly reccomend

Gears of War 2 10/10

- If you don't know about this game then you have been living under a rock, but basically amazingly satisfying cover based shooting (and pick up GeoW 1 if you haven't)

Lost Odyssey 9/10

- A nice old fashioned turn based jRPG, that you can really get stuck into. Good graphics, good story, good gameplay. This game pretty much has it all apart from me getting annoyed at inventory systems as usual

Yeah, I think Gears2 is a dead cert. Actually, on that, I was surprised to read that Gears 1 has less content than the PC version. Is that actually true? I find it a pretty odd situation if so.

And, yes, Lost Odyssey, I think, looks a good pick-up to me. And if you're not annoyed at the inventory system, it just isn't a proper RPG!

And can you really not make a full top ten of exclusives? Really? Or have you just not played many of them?

1). Halo 3

2). Gears of war 2

3). Mass Effect 1 (assuming you've not got it on PC)

4). Lost Odyssey

5). Mass Effect 2 (assuming you've not got it on PC/PS3)

6). Halo Reach

7). Halo Wars

8). Viva Pinata (if you've not already got it on PC)

9). Fable 2 (assuming you've not got it on PC)

I don't have any XBL games, so I can't even try to make that list, but I hope this helps

Top ten retail exclusives

Halo: Reach
Mass Effect 1
Alan Wake
Gears 2
Fable 2
Left 4 dead 2
Gears 1
Forza 3
Halo 3
Crackdown 2

Top Ten arcade

Shadow Complex
Splosion Man
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
The Maw
Trials HD
ilomilo
World of Kefling
Comic Jumper
Castle Crashers

This list is in no partical order

Around the Network
TeddostheFireKing said:

1). Halo 3

2). Gears of war 2

3). Mass Effect 1 (assuming you've not got it on PC)

4). Lost Odyssey

5). Mass Effect 2 (assuming you've not got it on PC/PS3)

6). Halo Reach

7). Halo Wars

8). Viva Pinata (if you've not already got it on PC)

9). Fable 2 (assuming you've not got it on PC)

I don't have any XBL games, so I can't even try to make that list, but I hope this helps

Thanks very much for the list. I have of the titles on PC already (which was why I didn't ask for multi-plats), but the rest is dead useful for steering me towards the good stuff. Basically, it looks something like this from your list:

1) Halo Games

2) Gears

3) Lost Odyssey

4) Fable Games

5) Viva Pinata

Does that look about right?

And don't worry about not listing any XBLA games. perhaps if we get a few top 10s in here, you'll spot something you want to buy as well. :D

smroadkill15 said:

Top ten retail exclusives

Halo: Reach
Mass Effect 1
Alan Wake
Gears 2
Fable 2
Left 4 dead 2
Gears 1
Forza 3
Halo 3
Crackdown 2

Top Ten arcade

Shadow Complex
Splosion Man
Limbo
Super Meat Boy
The Maw
Trials HD
ilomilo
World of Kefling
Comic Jumper
Castle Crashers

This list is in no partical order

Thanks for both the lists. Very handy!

From the first, I already have the Mass Effect games and Gears 1, and the Left 4 Dead games I've almost bought during Steam sales many times, but the rest are perfect.

On the second list, Super Meat Boy is available on PC, and I have Castle Crashers on the PS3, but the rest look awesome, though I don't know much about quite a few of the titles. Still, gives me something to look up. Have you listed them in order of preference, or is the list in a random order.

Im assuming its retail games only list. Xbox live needs another list.

1. Halo 3 - you had to get it in 2007 to get most out of it though. the community is not as good now

2. Bayonetta - runs better on 360 so it gets my nod as must buy on that console

3. Condemned: Criminal origins - best survival horror game this gen, and should be cheap

4. Forza 3 - the only racing game you will need on the 360

5. Halo Wars - best RTS on consoles

6. Mass Effect trilogy 

7. Halo Reach - not as good as 3 overall but a better campaign

8. Gears of War 1 - solid cover based shooter.

9. Crackdown - cheap and fun

10. Earth Defence Force 2017 - some love it, some dont. Should be cheap

CGI-Quality said:

My Top Retail -

1. Alan Wake

2. Gears of War 2

3. Dead or Alive 4

4. Project Gotham Racing 4

5. Halo: Reach

6. Perfect Dark Zero

7. Halo 3: ODST

I don't have any others that aren't also on PC (Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect)

My Top XBLA -

1. Shadow Complex

2. Limbo

Again, same problem as above. Others are either also on PC or PSN.

Thanks for that. Very useful, though I'm a little saddened that it's proving difficult for people to come up with 10 titles for each. Is the situation that bad on 360 in terms of true exclusives, or is it just that people haven't been playing all the games?

disolitude said:

Im assuming its retail games only list. Xbox live needs another list.

1. Halo 3 - you had to get it in 2007 to get most out of it though. the community is not as good now

2. Bayonetta - runs better on 360 so it gets my nod as must buy on that console

3. Condemned: Criminal origins - best survival horror game this gen, and should be cheap

4. Forza 3 - the only racing game you will need on the 360

5. Halo Wars - best RTS on consoles

6. Mass Effect trilogy 

7. Halo Reach - not as good as 3 overall but a better campaign

8. Gears of War 1 - solid cover based shooter.

9. Crackdown - cheap and fun

10. Earth Defence Force 2017 - some love it, some dont. Should be cheap

If you read the OP I asked for a top 10 of each, if possible, so, yes, a seperate list for XBLA would be marvellous if you can make one, especially as you've added some commentary (very useful -- thanks!).

As for the list, it's exactly what I was looking for (well, excepting the inclusion of a few multi-plats, but that's completely understandable if you didn't read the OP fully). I already own Bayonetta, Mass Effect, Gears 1, and Condemned, but the rest look very good. Crackdown is a definite from what I read, as is Halo Wars, and several people have told me EDF2017 is a must. Is there any reason why? I know nothing about it. What sort of game is it?