By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Play 2: Motion plus bundle

I have a feeling that Nintendo will only release games like this (not including Zelda) for the wii and keep the games they haven't released yet such as Pikmin 3, StarFox, F-Zero, etc for their new console

Not saying that this is necessarily bad. If you like games like this that is fine, but I personally want something more, and third parties could help out also, but I don't really see that happening.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network
Tecmo said:

I have a feeling that Nintendo will only release games like this (not including Zelda) for the wii and keep the games they haven't released yet such as Pikmin 3, StarFox, F-Zero, etc for their new console

Not saying that this is necessarily bad. If you like games like this that is fine, but I personally want something more, and third parties could help out also, but I don't really see that happening.

Prediction of the decade there.

Demotruk said:

Holy crap, a new Wii game!

(I'm actually not being facetious)

This.

I'm totally gonna get this.  But goddammit I would love it if I finally saw some of this stuff in original titles... crossing fingers for the new Zelda...

Considering I didn't buy Wii Play, Wii Party or Flingsmash, I'll prolly be getting this.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

TWRoO said:
Tecmo said:

Prediction of the decade there.

Very true, it took alot of work and research to come up with that one hahaha

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Roma said:
Beuli2 said:
puffy said:
Beuli2 said:
gumby_trucker said:
MrT-Tar said:

If this can result in a greater adoption of WM Plus, then I'm all for it

whats the point of no real games are released for it?

Exactly. The way Nintendo is going, it seems they think  Skyward Sword will be their big ultimate motion game or something (it won't).

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised

No I won't. It is clear they are going to use motion plus more for stupid mini-games, given the last trailer shown. They think mini-games and puzzles are exciting and fun, yet they are just atrocius and boring and break the action, and then there is no replay value at them. Nintendo doesn't even know what Zelda is about (according to one interview, they say people play Zelda for the puzzles!), so why should I expect a good game?

Yes because there has been at least one crap Zelda game made by Nintendo >_>

The Zeldas on the CD-i were crap.  That is about the only Zeldas I can say are crap.  I am probably the worse Zelda player.  I own about 5 Zelda games and have yet to beat one.....

I said made by Nintendo... those are not made by Nintendo..

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

TWRoO said:
gumby_trucker said:

still, even if Zelda is all that, this is like the 10th minigame collection Nintendo has released on Wii...

2 Wii sports

2 Wii play

Wii Music

Wii Party

Mario Party

2 WarioWare

Brain Age

and the generation isn't over yet. Seems a bit excessive...

I didn't think Wii Music was really a mini-game collection, and I don't think Nintendo personally has gone too overboard with minigames. But I agree there is no need for another as third parties don't need any more encouragement to make more (although I think most have given up even making mini games for Wii any more)

Personally I am still just at Wii Sports and Wii Play... though I will likely pick up Wii Sports Resort some time this year.

You should! it ROCKS!! sword fighting is great! flying around in an airplane is addictive as hell, and the water sports are also awesome. There really isn't a bad game in th bunch - cycling is a bit annoying but it's nowhere near as bad as boxing in the original, plus you can DRIFT and POWER SLIDE with your bike! If I'm not mistaken the game just got a price-drop, so now would be a good time to act.

as for Wii music, I haven't actually played it...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:
TWRoO said:
gumby_trucker said:

still, even if Zelda is all that, this is like the 10th minigame collection Nintendo has released on Wii...

2 Wii sports

2 Wii play

Wii Music

Wii Party

Mario Party

2 WarioWare

Brain Age

I didn't think Wii Music was really a mini-game collection, and I don't think Nintendo personally has gone too overboard with minigames. But I agree there is no need for another as third parties don't need any more encouragement to make more (although I think most have given up even making mini games for Wii any more)

Personally I am still just at Wii Sports and Wii Play... though I will likely pick up Wii Sports Resort some time this year.

You should! it ROCKS!! sword fighting is great! flying around in an airplane is addictive as hell, and the water sports are also awesome. There really isn't a bad game in th bunch - cycling is a bit annoying but it's nowhere near as bad as boxing in the original, plus you can DRIFT and POWER SLIDE with your bike! If I'm not mistaken the game just got a price-drop, so now would be a good time to act.

as for Wii music, I haven't actually played it...

Boxing was the best one on Wii Sports... I got up to 3100 skill points

Boxing > Tennis >>> Bowling >>>>> Golf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baseball
Golf was still good fun, and when we had family over we generally play bowling (I think mostly because I only had 2 wii remote early on and you could play bowling by passing them around)

And yes I will  be getting Resort, I have played 30 minutes of it on a friends Wii, mostly archery and a bit of swordplay, but not enough time to get into it.

TWRoO said:

Boxing was the best one on Wii Sports... I got up to 3100 skill points

Boxing > Tennis >>> Bowling >>>>> Golf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Baseball
Golf was still good fun, and when we had family over we generally play bowling (I think mostly because I only had 2 wii remote early on and you could play bowling by passing them around)

And yes I will  be getting Resort, I have played 30 minutes of it on a friends Wii, mostly archery and a bit of swordplay, but not enough time to get into it.

play 10 minutes of airsports and see if you can still resist the urge to buy the game

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:

2 Wii sports

2 Wii play

Wii Music

Wii Party

Mario Party

2 WarioWare

Brain Age

Uh, Brain Age was not on the wii. Also, there are two wariowares? Are you sure about this?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius