By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom's Wii Support

My issue is that Lost Planet 2, Dark Void and Bionic Commando failed and they still make alot of HD-games, but they abandon Wii because Spyborgs and Darkside Chronicles sells badly when people pretty much told them they weren't interested in them from the moment they were announced. They also lied and told us RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles were tests that would lead to more Resident Evil. It was also a punch in the face when they claimed Wii didn't have enough power or buttons to make Street Fighter 4, but iPhone apparently did

Around the Network

You can easily find Capcom's problem when you look at their highest sellers on the console (RE4 and MH3) and look at what else came from them. They started building an audience with RE4 and then let them down with whatever they spat out after that. Their lucky MH3 sold as well as it did.

The same happened with Activision and the COD series. When you introduce games to an audience and then don't follow up on them, you lose that audience. Activision is lucky that Modern Warfare sold over a million and Black ops is on it's way to the million mark as well. The way Wii gamers have been jerked around on that series it's no wonder the games haven't had a growing following. COD3 sold 2 million so far and since then sales have been decent but not getting any better when they COULD be going up.

Shame what companies like these do to the WIi audience, it's as if they don't want their games to have a following on the console or something.

come on the wii got tsatsunoko vs capcom and mh trii. thats more then enough.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Capcom are done with the Wii and Basara 3 was the last hurrah. They have at least half a dozen games for the alternate home consoles and a number of games in development for handhelds, but not one game for the humble Wii. What does that tell you? Sure there's E3 and various other events but honestly who gives a shit, I mean does anyone really expect Capcom to announce a Wii game? I'm certainly not holding my breath.

If anything, the notion that Capcom should cease or rethink any possible future Wii projects because of the failure of Darkside Chronicles only highlights just how small and insignificant they believe the Wii and it's market to be.

How technical is your game?

Barozi said:

stupid question but what is their 6th upcoming HD game ?

Resident Evil 4 HD
RE Code Veronica X HD
Resident Evil Racoon City
Street Fighter x Tekken
Street Fighter 3 HD

and ?

Asura's Wrath

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

DmC

Around the Network

Capcom, lol. Are these the guys that put SF4 on the iphone and that other system renowned for it's fighters, the PC, instead of the console responsible for the biggest selling fighting game ever? Whoever made that decision should be fired. Tatsunoko haha, Wii owners aren't even allowed some familiar characters from Marvel. Good job I'm a Tekken guy and the only thing I want from Capcom is a new Ghouls n Ghosts.

It's a sad day when the guys who made Street Fighter created the fighting genre can't even compete with one of Nintendo's B-listers. Same goes for Tekken, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat. Are they scared of going up against Brawl or do they only work in HD or something? Funny, I remember when Mortal Kombat would happily whore itself out to every possible last gen system available.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

melbye said:
Barozi said:

stupid question but what is their 6th upcoming HD game ?

Resident Evil 4 HD
RE Code Veronica X HD
Resident Evil Racoon City
Street Fighter x Tekken
Street Fighter 3 HD

and ?

Asura's Wrath

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

DmC

aahhh yes though BC Rearmed 2 is already available.

thank you

melbye said:

My issue is that Lost Planet 2, Dark Void and Bionic Commando failed and they still make alot of HD-games, but they abandon Wii because Spyborgs and Darkside Chronicles sells badly when people pretty much told them they weren't interested in them from the moment they were announced. They also lied and told us RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles were tests that would lead to more Resident Evil. It was also a punch in the face when they claimed Wii didn't have enough power or buttons to make Street Fighter 4, but iPhone apparently did

ok, you win the thread. happy?

Pyro as Bill said:

Capcom, lol. Are these the guys that put SF4 on the iphone and that other system renowned for it's fighters, the PC, instead of the console responsible for the biggest selling fighting game ever? Whoever made that decision should be fired. Tatsunoko haha, Wii owners aren't even allowed some familiar characters from Marvel. Good job I'm a Tekken guy and the only thing I want from Capcom is a new Ghouls n Ghosts.

It's a sad day when the guys who made Street Fighter created the fighting genre can't even compete with one of Nintendo's B-listers. Same goes for Tekken, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat. Are they scared of going up against Brawl or do they only work in HD or something? Funny, I remember when Mortal Kombat would happily whore itself out to every possible last gen system available.

ah come on they wouldn't sell anywhere near the HD versions. Brawl is totally different from other fighting games, just like Mario Kart is different from every kind of HD racer.

If Sony had released the Wii and Nintendo the PS3, I would bet the situation would be vastly different.