By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The 360 was dead last worldwide. Is MS in trouble?

I would say they are a bit in trouble. They just need some exclusives. I mean when games like Gears of War 3 and...and...uh...yeah Gears of War 3 get released, it should be #1 worldwide.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
Silver-Tiger said:

. At $199 people will just get the PS3. I know many people who would instantly grab a PS3 a 199. The PS3 is the ideal Blu-Ray player and combine that with the lineup they have, people will just get a PS3.

Look over at the gaming forums how many people are agreeing with me. the $199 PS3 pricetag would THE ultimate selling point of the PS3.

MS could easily counter with  a $199 elite (which now only lacks blu-ray, free to play online and the PS3 titles) and possibly even a $100 or $150 Arcade. Imagine the people buying cheap Arcades!

Either way I don't think MS is going to sit on their hands of Sony drops the price of their systems. Infact I see Microsoft coming out and announcing a price match the first day Sony drops their prices. Win-win for everyone either way.

Microsoft dont sell elite no more just 360 slims  but yea

Actually  xbox is up year over year 42 % so yea and everyone else is down so i disagree on your dead topic ...

and remember microsoft if they wanted to they could do a 100 doller price dropalso

just imagine how sales would be a $ 99 slim 4gb and a 250 gb for 199 sales would explode

Personally, I don't think MS are in trouble. It is normal at this point in the LT of the console to have lower sales and the xbox had its peak year 6 years after release which is great. I think if they cut the price of the xbox and/or kinect and put out some software they'll be fine for the next couple of years. Being surpassed by the ps3 is not such a big issue at this point.

Being below the other consoles is not being in trouble, it seems every time a console is below another people start worrying about it, but some console is bound to be below some other, and that doesn't mean the console is going down. I don't think MS themselves are too worried because if they were they would have done something.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

chris212223 said:
richardhutnik said:
chris212223 said:

This makes me wonder who of the three will be the first to do the price drop?...hmmmm

Microsoft is most likely, because they feel greatest need to be more competitive, even if doing well.  It would likely be to have the same price, but include Kinect.  Like have Kinect with $360 for $200 (minus harddrive) or bundle Kinect with the 360 and hard drive for $300.

Yeah thats true...but i could just imagine if the PS3 price dropped to $200 right now i think worldwide sales would double lol

Sony is showing no sign or indication that they want to enter into a price war, where they bleed more red ink, just for the sake of being second, so pro-Sony console partisans can throw a party complete with cake that is a lie.

Around the Network

its last because the 360 is a 1 region console ,

it only sells well in america ,  

uk is not enough in the emeaa region

and japan dont care about halo or gears so 360 will always be dead there

just factor out Japan and you'll see a different picture: in the 2 markets where the majority of western publishers sell the most the x360 is still selling better than PS3...and in those 2 markets the x360 has a much larger userbase.

Conclusion? ok, PS3 wil get support from the (dying) japanese publishers (hooray for the nth JRPG with childish character design) while x360 will continue to be the leading platform for western publisher till the end of this generation. You decide which is the better position...

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

its a small gap between the consoles but look where the ps3 was? look at what price it started out as. i can bet you if nintendo or microsoft had come out with a 600$ system they would have dropped out. sony has somehow managed the ps3 to where it is.

i just hope ps3 sees a core console release with small harddrive, no wifi and external power brick, keeping a 320gig fully fledged model at 299 and a cheaper core at 199, that imo is thier best bet to sell more consoles

i do think 360 will pick up, i can recall ps3 sales being higher than 360 earlier even though 360 was cheaper, now 360 has come in cheap has a new model and has kinect and still it doesnt sell much more than ps3. i guess all it can do is cut price

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Spectrumglr said:

just factor out Japan and you'll see a different picture: in the 2 markets where the majority of western publishers sell the most the x360 is still selling better than PS3...and in those 2 markets the x360 has a much larger userbase.

Conclusion? ok, PS3 wil get support from the (dying) japanese publishers (hooray for the nth JRPG with childish character design) while x360 will continue to be the leading platform for western publisher till the end of this generation. You decide which is the better position...

there will always be top games coming out of japan like last guardian and metal gears etc, plz dont pretend that japan dont matter

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

SaviorX said:

People are disKinecting...despite the heavily supported library. Will the Nextbox 720 release this holiday?

thats funny. diskinecting lol.

anway no and no to all your questions and i hate these kinds of threads.

seems more like wishful thinking to me.

holiday season will tell us the future, and the Wii has gone longer without games and still manage to beat it rivals.

PS3 close the gap? yes! PS3 pass the 360 this yr i'd rather doubt it but it possible.