By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help a new guy out..(3 general questions on PS3)

mantlepiecek said:
Don86 said:

Damn..How do you edit your display name on the PSN website?

Are you able to transfer your warranty period from one account to the other?

Thanks once again!

I didn't think the warranty period was attached to your PSN account. Its attached to your PS3 ID. And the proof of purchase.....unless you purchased extra warranty from PSN or something. Which I haven't so I have no experience in that matter.

And you can't change your PSN ID.

Thanks for the reply.

If i buy a DLC from account A, can my sibling with account b use the account?

Can I transfer my DLCs from 1 hard drive to another PS3 or redownload them?

If I buy a DLC, It's mine forever like Steam right?

What is sub and master account? What is their differences?

Once again, Thanks for all the replies!

Around the Network
Don86 said:
mantlepiecek said:
Don86 said:

Thanks once again!

I didn't think the warranty period was attached to your PSN account. Its attached to your PS3 ID. And the proof of purchase.....unless you purchased extra warranty from PSN or something. Which I haven't so I have no experience in that matter.

Thanks for the reply.

If you mean on the same PS3, the answer is yes as long as your account that you purchased the DLC from is on the PS3.

You can redownload the DLCs across 5 PS3s, but be careful because after that limit if one of your PS3 fails then you won't be able to redownload the DLC on your 6th PS3 unless you deactivate one of the PS3s. Its a bit complicated. Also for the DLC to work the PSN account from which you downloaded needs to exist on the working PS3, even if you are not using that account.

Yeah.

Don't know much about it, but I think its something to do with children's account. Master account gives you access to everything, sub account is a bit restrictive I think, I am not sure. Best thing to do is just make two master accounts and forget about sub accounts.

Also while making the account no matter what your age is specify the age above 21. Some games like Demon's Souls will not work otherwise at all, like my brother experienced. He had to make a new account just for it.

Replies bolded.

If you want more info about sub and master accounts you should google it or try the official site since I don't know much about it.

PS3 retail

Valkyria chronicles (RPG)

Killzone 2-3 (FPS)

little big planet 1-2 (if you like creating games or plattforming levels)

mod nation racers (if you like building/creating cars and race tracks)

demon souls (RPG)

Uncharted 1-2 (action)

God of War 3

PSN

shank

there are more but it seems as if most will repeat what i say so. 

dead nations is a PSN game i havent seen mentioned in here i liked it its also getting DLC soon

uncharted 1 is a must have i enjoyed its gunplay more than its sequel it was my first ps3 game and think it should be everynew owners too, uncharted 2s MP still has me hooked

no one's going to mess with your account

Play Me

mantlepiecek said:
Don86 said:
mantlepiecek said:
Don86 said:

Thanks once again!

Thanks for the reply.

If you mean on the same PS3, the answer is yes as long as your account that you purchased the DLC from is on the PS3.

You can redownload the DLCs across 5 PS3s, but be careful because after that limit if one of your PS3 fails then you won't be able to redownload the DLC on your 6th PS3 unless you deactivate one of the PS3s. Its a bit complicated. Also for the DLC to work the PSN account from which you downloaded needs to exist on the working PS3, even if you are not using that account.

Yeah.

Don't know much about it, but I think its something to do with children's account. Master account gives you access to everything, sub account is a bit restrictive I think, I am not sure. Best thing to do is just make two master accounts and forget about sub accounts.

Also while making the account no matter what your age is specify the age above 21. Some games like Demon's Souls will not work otherwise at all, like my brother experienced. He had to make a new account just for it.

Replies bolded.

If you want more info about sub and master accounts you should google it or try the official site since I don't know much about it.

So you are saying that as long the DLC is on the PS3, It's accessible for whomever's account logged in the PS3 which means it doesn't matter who buys it?

I thought it was like Steam whereby you can't access any games if it's bought by another account -.-"

Thanks for the replies again!

Around the Network
Don86 said:

So you are saying that as long the DLC is on the PS3, It's accessible for whomever's account logged in the PS3 which means it doesn't matter who buys it?

I thought it was like Steam whereby you can't access any games if it's bought by another account -.-"

Thanks for the replies again!

I think there are some games that may have some DRM that may restrict some other users from accessing it. But they are the exception and usually every game can be played by everyone on the console.

But this never applies to DLCs. All DLCs can be played by everyone on the console.

Is the initial display name that you created used as a PSN name/account?

I've noticed that you can change the name..so it's just purely a display name?

Don86 said:

Hey guys,

I'm getting a PS3 SLIM soon after getting my paycheque.(YAY Finally!)

So I hope to get some unbiased advice and insight from the everyday forum folks rather than relying on game reviews or review websites.

1. Recommend me 10 must have games? (prefably exclusives or some highly rated multiplatform games that are the best version on PS3.)

2. Recommend me 10 must have PSN games?

3. Ever since the geohot/graf_chokolo/insert-name-of-other-hackers incident, I've heard many stories of people losing their accounts/trophies/records so I'm wondering if it's safe to login to PSN at this period of time?(seeing that this is a all out full blown war now)

Thanks to everyone in advance :P

1. Recommend 10 must have games:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 1
God of War 3
Killzone 3
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet 2
LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
InFAMOUS
Resistance 2
Resistance
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Motorstorm
Massive Action Game
SOCOM 4
Demon Souls
DC Universe Online
Valkyra Chronicles
Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction
Ratchet & Clank A crack in time
Modnation Racers

And you must get the following games when they launch =
Uncharted 3
The Last Guardian ICO & SOTC Collection
Twisted Metal
InFAMOUS 2
God of War 4 (RUMORED BITCH)

^I know you said 10, but there's gotta be something in there that you like. Look at the first 10 bunch of games that I posted, in that order from top (MGS4) to 10th lowest (GT5).

2. 10 must have PSN games?
Warhawk
WipeOut HD Fury Expansion
Super Stardust HD
Fat Princess
Flower
Echochrome
MGS1 (I dont care if its PS1 xD)

Everything I've listed in this entire reply are ALL exclusives aside from DC Universe which is on the PC too.

3. Like Kevin Butler says: "You can't trust everything you read on the internet".