By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:

Also, for the PS3, GTA IV has sold ver 7mil

On the 360, GTA IV again has sold over 7 mil

Only 1 other game is above 5 mil for both consoles...

So a 3rd Party game which sells over 7mil on ANY platform is a feat!

You meam almost all Call of Duty games? That's more than 1 other game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops (less than 5 months)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (just 360)

And of course...

Grand Theft Auto IV

If you read an earlier post you'd see I was discounting COD games

And also, GTA IV is what I was referring to

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
ethomaz said:
Conegamer said:

Also, for the PS3, GTA IV has sold ver 7mil

On the 360, GTA IV again has sold over 7 mil

Only 1 other game is above 5 mil for both consoles...

So a 3rd Party game which sells over 7mil on ANY platform is a feat!

You meam almost all Call of Duty games? That's more than 1 other game.

Call of Duty: Black Ops (less than 5 months)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (just 360)

And of course...

Grand Theft Auto IV

If you read an earlier post you'd see I was discounting COD games

And also, GTA IV is what I was referring to

My bad .

Carl2291 said:
Pavolink said:

Yeah, and have spectacular sales as de Blob 2.

De Blob Wii - 840k
De Blob 2 Wii - 20k
De Blob 2 360 - 10k
De Blob 2 PS3 - 10k

De Blob 2 flopped because the first game was rubbish and people weren't interested in a second game. It had no advertising and the original didn't even reach 1 Million on the Wii.

Just Dance - 5.68 Million
Just Dance 2 - 6.91 Million (And still going... A lot)
Just Dance Kids - 720k

Yeah. Just Dance is in a completely different league than De Blob. Stupid to make the comparison. The game would likely sell well on every plaform.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

de Blob 2 should have been Wii-exclusive. That way, they could make a better game, with more advertising and hype. The dev studio spread themselves too thinly, it was doomed to fail from the start

And all those people complaining about de Blob being a Wii-excusive; why didn't you buy the sequel? These niche games could only hold out on the Wii to any extent due to the install base. If the game breaks 100k on PS3, 150k on 360 and 300k on Wii, it'd be a resounding success looking at the start...

Also, I think JDKids was just a step too far, and the public responded to that.

@Ethomaz- No problem. It was a long time ago in the thread, so I should have made it clearer what I was talking about

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

WAW, Sonic unleashed, GE arent doing 2 mil, no just no. Hds have way more 2 million 3rd party games, thats why there released more on the HDs and not as much on Wii

@conegamer oh please, nobody cared about the De blob 2 on Hds thats why few bought it, and who were these people complaining about the original being Wii-only??? If Deblob 2 was exclusive it would have done the same on Wii, its safe to assume anyone who bought it on the HDs dont have accesst to Wii and i serioulsly doubt that they would buy a Wii just to play this niche game. Going by your logic, Activision should never release a COD game on Wii ever again, or a STar Wars, or Spider-man, Madden, WWE, you get the point.

Around the Network

so whats this now, just dance sold amazing for a 3rd party title, now more 3rd party studios should release on wii? it simply dont work and wont work

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

^^^^ they act like a dancing game is the same as say an FPS or fighting game. different genres sell on different systems

Skeeuk said:

so whats this now, just dance sold amazing for a 3rd party title, now more 3rd party studios should release on wii? it simply dont work and wont work

Pretty much.

It's funny that after almost 5 Years, people are still crying about people saying 3rd party games don't sell on Wii.

But then Just Dance proves them all wrong. Ha! Take that, haters!

Zlejedi said:
Pavolink said:
Zlejedi said:

Now do those 7 M with any core game ;)

Why? core or casual is still a success.

Sure but Mario & Sonic already shown casual stuff sells well on Wii ;)

And still, the same question. Why is so important to be a core or a casual game? Aren't videogames both? Is success for a core game more important or worth than a casual game?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Carl2291 said:
Pavolink said:

Yeah, and have spectacular sales as de Blob 2.

De Blob Wii - 840k
De Blob 2 Wii - 20k
De Blob 2 360 - 10k
De Blob 2 PS3 - 10k

De Blob 2 flopped because the first game was rubbish and people weren't interested in a second game. It had no advertising and the original didn't even reach 1 Million on the Wii.

Just Dance - 5.68 Million
Just Dance 2 - 6.91 Million (And still going... A lot)
Just Dance Kids - 720k

Yeah. Just Dance is in a completely different league than De Blob. Stupid to make the comparison. The game would likely sell well on every plaform.

1. MS fans claims they have the best dance game on Kinect with Dance Central. Why they'll bother with an inferior one?

2. PS3 users seems to don't care about much move titles. Also, they have the amazing lineup full of AAA titles. Again, why they'll bother with a low quality game like Just Dance.

3. Just Dance is a casual game. Wii is a casual console. PS360 are hardcore consoles. So: JD (casual) plus Wii (casual) = $. At least, is the logic that governs the webs.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile