By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Uncharted 3 Screens! omg the sand!!111

i can recall the snow render in uncharted 2, its not been beat by anything else on consoles so far, i suspect it will be like that with sand in uncharted 3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

naughty dog really knows how to make wonders on ps3 i

Isn't this concept art? It sure looks like a drawing to me.

Regardless, I'm sure U3 will be the most graphically impressive game when it comes out.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Nice graphics but that's what I expect from a game that is practically an interactive movie.

Uncharted is hardly an interactive movie - even if iyou're being practical. The game has so much traditional gameplay it's crazy. It's much more like Tomb Raider than HEAVY RAIN.

For me it's an interactive movie more than a game, just like Call of Duty. The game plays almost by itself, I feel like a by-stander.

I'm starting to think you haven't played uncharted now :S

I've played both and I own them both. Don't you ever feel this when you're playing cinematic games like Uncharted or Call of Duty? That it's like an interactive movie. The button-presses are just the excuse for showing a movie to you.  It's just a few button presses in a very predictable manner for two-three minutes until the next cut-scene and next scene of the movie that plays in front of you.

When I play Uncharted I don't feel like I am Drake (or Soap, Price or Roach in Call of Duty), I feel like I'm just pressing a few buttons to be allowed to watch a Summer blockbuster movie.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

I've played both and I own them both. Don't you ever feel this when you're playing cinematic games like Uncharted or Call of Duty? That it's like an interactive movie. The button-presses are just the excuse for showing a movie to you.  It's just a few button presses in a very predictable manner for two-three minutes until the next cut-scene and next scene of the movie that plays in front of you.

When I play Uncharted I don't feel like I am Drake (or Soap, Price or Roach in Call of Duty), I feel like I'm just pressing a few buttons to be allowed to watch a Summer blockbuster movie.

I don't hink that feeling is shared by many people. Uncharted 2 (especially) has plenty of game play (hello multiplayer/co-op) to feel like what it is: a game.

It's irrelevant anyway, but I'm just pointing that out.

I agree with you, but I think that's a sad testament for the current state of gaming.

Gamers don't realize they're being led through a bunch of interactive movies with all the latest Hollywood tricks.

It's not just Uncharted and Call of Duty, it's most big name games. Its just that these two are the biggest offenders and are pushing this awful trend forward.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

I don't hink that feeling is shared by many people. Uncharted 2 (especially) has plenty of game play (hello multiplayer/co-op) to feel like what it is: a game.

I agree with you, but I think that's a sad testament for the current state of gaming.

Gamers don't realize they're being led through a bunch of interactive movies with all the latest Hollywood tricks.

Sorry bud, I don't think it is. Uncharted 2 didn't become the phenomenon it is on being a "interactive movie". If the game play was lacking, it wouldn't be what it is. Since the game play isn't lacking, it's right where it should be. In fact, outside a few more cutscenes, it's very much a modern day, original PlayStation Tomb Raider (and that was hardly an interactive movie).

As for Call of Duty, it is ALL about game play, so that example is even worse.

Call of Duty is all about gameplay? lol I think this discussion ends here.

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

It's not just Uncharted and Call of Duty, it's most big name games. Its just that these two are the biggest offenders and are pushing this awful trend forward.

I don't agree with your wording (it's hardly an interactive movie), but I do know what you're trying to say, and even agree to quite an extent. However, cinematic sort of games can still be good.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Slimebeast said:

Call of Duty is all about gameplay? lol I think this discussion ends here.

I think the real conversation ended when you compared Uncharted to Call of Duty

CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
Slimebeast said:

I don't agree with your wording (it's hardly an interactive movie), but I do know what you're trying to say, and even agree to quite an extent. However, cinematic sort of games can still be good.

Uncharted 2 (if it was only single player) I'd agree a little more, because that part of the game does push a cinematic element (though again, it's hardly an interactive movie). However, Call of Duty an interactive movie? Come on, I know you don't believe that.

Like I said to Slimebeast, "interactive movie" is the wrong word to use.

A game can blend plenty of gameplay with cinematic elements, and Call of Duty did just that.

It could be that I'm thinking this way because I'm comparing it to Valve shooters, but I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Nice graphics but that's what I expect from a game that is practically an interactive movie.

Uncharted is hardly an interactive movie - even if iyou're being practical. The game has so much traditional gameplay it's crazy. It's much more like Tomb Raider than HEAVY RAIN.

For me it's an interactive movie more than a game, just like Call of Duty. The game plays almost by itself, I feel like a by-stander.

The definition of interactive movie is pretty much that, something that is mainly watched and hardly played (and only HR really mimics that). CoD and Uncharted are not like that at all. They are much, MUCH more play than watch.

Besides, have you even played Uncharted?

*SHHHOOOOOM!*

That's the sound of the joke going right over your head. Call  of Duty... An interactive movie? lol. xD

OT: Looks great! If that first one with Nathan pointing the gun in front of the wall is actually from the game, I will eat my hat. It looks very different from what I've seen previously, though.

The BuShA owns all!