By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Long Before a 3DS Redesign?

How Long Before a 3DS Redesign?

2012 115 43.56%

2013 113 42.80%

2014 25 9.47%

Later than 2014 7 2.65%

Never 4 1.52%

Total:264

so many people voted 2012, but none of them commented....

I'd say 2013, probably around christmas, when the NGP starts selling well with a price cut and several AA titles released, kill it off quick with a 3DS redesign, poor Sony won't know what hit them

Around the Network

Yeah if I just bought a system at launch I wouldn't want a redesign so quickly, but if they want to apeal to more people they will need either a redesign or price drop. So my guess is within 1 - 1 1/2 years.

It's just that simple.

i put 2013, but actually might think later.

just soo used to seeing remodels of like all consoles every year that it got me in tha tminset

but hell as someone said the two ds remakes were for very vailid reasons.  only real pointless one was the ds XL's. also the wii never had a new redesign after how many years, and how many of those had people saying wii HD every eyar.  hell we heard stuff for wii and ds before they both launched

kind of annoying.  i like having a system be the final system from start.  i hate how ps3 has like 10 models.

it just release not long and so fast talking about redesign...?? o.O

2013 would be latest and about right.

Around the Network

in 1,5 years. just in time for 2012 holydays.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

late 2012 i think. Apple has a redesign every year. And considering the fact that Nintenodo wants to compete with Apple they probably want to make their handheld "new" every year.

Rainbow Yoshi said:

The asthetics are brilliant, but the undermining problem of battery power needs to be fixed.

But here lies the technical problem.

Battery size to capacity ratio is more or less constant and there weren't any major advances there for years.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Viper1 said:

The DS Lite was released as a means to fix many aesthetic problems with the original DS.  The DSi was released to enable firmware, DSiWare, new UI and the cameras.   Because the 3DS is already well enabled in those facets, a redeisgn is not as imperative as it was with the DS and even DS Lite.

2014 at the earliest.

Battery life was sacrificed, so there is something that needs fixing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs