By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What to do?Nintendo's Next gen Consule.

What to do?Nintendo's Next gen Consule.

Graphic's upgread for 3rd party support 18 18.18%

Open new Studio's to dou... 21 21.21%

A new revolutionary way to play 20 20.20%

A little bit of everything 39 39.39%

Total:98

I'll post what I put in a similar thread a while back:

What I want/expect:

Roughly 2-2.5x as powerful as PS3, with more RAM

20gb storage, expandable

unified online system

SEGA MD CD, Saturn and DC games on the VC

GC and Wii full backwards compatibility

Games come on a disc media based off Blu-ray or HD-DVD

Somewhere between the size of the Wii and half again as big

Retail in the U.K for roughly the same price as 3DS did originally - £230 ($375)

Around the Network

If has just shinier graphics with better online infrastructure....I might pass.

this is my post from a similar thread:

"you guys are all going about it backwards. this is Nintendo, not Sony.

Lets assume it'll cost about $300, okay? that means It'll have the best PC $150 can buy at time of launch (cost to manufacturer, of course), and an additional $100 of desruptive features that nobody else has done yet. That leaves $50 for profit split between Nintendo, shipping companies and retailers.

Now go figure out the specs of the machine...

edit: this machine here is $300 (cost to consumer) as of now. Profit margins are probably slim, but it's reasonable to assume it'll be around $150 to manufacture by holiday 2012-spring 2013."

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

uno said:

It's Nintendo. That's not what it will be.

Play4Fun said:
uno said:

His statement describes the 3DS with almost 100% accuracy... don't count it out.

Around the Network

Nintendo wont announce a new console this E3, they already have some wii games too announce and 3DS also  so why would they announce a new console to take the thunder from 3DS and the additional wii games.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Xen said:
Play4Fun said:
uno said:

His statement describes the 3DS with almost 100% accuracy... don't count it out.

No. It doesn't.

The 3DS isn't even cutting edge powerful. It has a bunch of new hardware features (gyroscope and all that) and it has its new hook (3D).

Nintendo put the price higher because a few years after Wii launched, they said they wished they had priced it at $300 because it would have sold the same.

It's laughable how many people are complaining because Nintendo dared to put some power under one of its console's hood.

My prediction:

Announcement will be made on E3 next year.

Release 4th quarter 2012.

- It will have two or four times the power of a PS3.

- True HD

- Some new unique way of controlling the games.

- Standard Controller will be included as well.

- It will use optical media, most likely blu-ray.

- Better online infastructure.  Friendcodes will remain, but will be universal like the 3DS.

- Harddrive. Something between 250 and 500 GB.

- Backward Compability. (If it uses a similiar controller to Wii)

Play4Fun said:
Xen said:
Play4Fun said:
uno said:

No. It doesn't.

The 3DS isn't even cutting edge powerful. It has a bunch of new hardware features (gyroscope and all that) and it has its new hook (3D).

Nintendo put the price higher because a few years after Wii launched, they said they wished they had priced it at $300 because it would have sold the same.

It's laughable how many people are complaining because Nintendo dared to put some power under one of its console's hood.

Aside from the 3D, it's 100% DS with more power and a universal friend code. And the 3D isn't even a necessity for its games, making little difference.

Like it or not, it's a more advanced DS. Not that it's a bad thing, eh?

Xen said:
Play4Fun said:
Xen said:
Play4Fun said:
uno said:

No. It doesn't.

Aside from the 3D, it's 100% DS with more power and a universal friend code. And the 3D isn't even a necessity for its games, making little difference.

Like it or not, it's a more advanced DS. Not that it's a bad thing, eh?

That's the same with practically every system ever released. More pwoerful version of the last one with more features.