By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Treyarch: People "See Value" In 1200MSP Map Packs

Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:

And then they end up in the red. Like Actvision, who was barely pulled out of the red during it's best quarter with the MW2 sales by a PC game.

Seems to me that if developers want to make money they should go to the PC. I'm still finding it hilarious you think DoW2 and Shogun 2 are of lower budget. What about Civ V? Is that low budget too?

I dunno whats going on with Activision, no point in debating that.

If developers just relied on PC we'd see much less ambitious projects. Also, I don't just want to play RTS games.

Oh so because you don't know, let's ignore it? I absolutely LOVE your way of arguing. Well as I already mentoined, they BARELY evened out the quarter MW2 released. I am assuming you think MW2 is one of your high budget games that you always talk about? Remember how much it sold? Yeah in that quarter Activision just barely evened out. You know who kept them from being millions and millions of dollars in the red? Blizzard. THe PC gamers.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kasz216 said:

No... it doesn't happen because videogame coverage is all console focused.  Because videogame coverage through now online, came from magazines.

PC gamers could always just go right to the source, and were used to it.

No... major gaming publications cover PC as well. There just isn't anything particularly interesting going on there. More of the same... RTS and MMO. Indie games are neat but are mostly niche.

They barely cover PC gaming, its like how Handhelds (mostly gaming phones) are taking the shine away from console gaming, replace console gaming with PC's and replace handhelds with consoles and bam you got the exact same thing.

vlad321 said:

Oh so because you don't know, let's ignore it? I absolutely LOVE your way of arguing. Well as I already mentoined, they BARELY evened out the quarter MW2 released. I am assuming you think MW2 is one of your high budget games that you always talk about? Remember how much it sold? Yeah in that quarter Activision just barely evened out. You know who kept them from being millions and millions of dollars in the red? Blizzard. THe PC gamers.

Right, WE don't really know how money is being managed over there.

Once again, I'm not denying Blizzard is successful and its primarily because of an MMO. A game not dealing with massive piracy.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Garnett said:

They barely cover PC gaming, its like how Handhelds (mostly gaming phones) are taking the shine away from console gaming, replace console gaming with PC's and replace handhelds with consoles and bam you got the exact same thing.

They hardly cover handhelds because nothing particularly interesting is going on there. Hence, nothing particularly interesting is going on in PC gaming.

Publications focus on what the masses want to read about and its not RTS, MMO, and indie games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:

Which part? Because graphically the PC games are leaps ahead of the console ones. If you mean gameplay, I hate to break it to you, but my 15 year old brother can make better level design and originality than the crap they have going on in your high budget games. I want you to tell me the exact points of games which make them high budget.

It is absolutely astounding what bullshit your mind can come up with to prevent you from adimitting you are wrong.

I'm not denying PC still delievers the best graphics, but when I say quality I don't just mean graphics. When was the last time a PC exclusive got GOTY? And I don't mean RTS of the year. It doesn't happen because the truly high quality games people love can't rely on the PC (unless its an online game like WoW, because that can't be stolen.)

Any Blizzard game says hello hear. Or are they lacking in quality? Do they rely on consoles?

I'm no longer going to respond on this page. But if you'd like to take it to my wall, feel free.

so quality to you is what other people tell you it is? (reviews only)

I think alot of people consider quality to be lack of bugs in games. A well rounded game that has all the trimmings and isn't lacking in any major area. A game that is a finished project and does need updates day one.

Now with that said i am not going to say pc game offer more quality than console games, or vice versa. Its too general and too big of a market on both ends. There are quality titles in both markets and titles in both markets that are considered unfinished by the fans that buy them day one.

Around the Network

Right now the PC devs are learning from their console counterparts on how to ripoff their audience.

Last I've heard about COD is that their DLC also sold quite well on the PC so expect to see more overpriced DLC crap from the PC devs.

:-/

Mr Puggsly said:
Garnett said:
Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:

You didn't fail in delivering.

Your claim was PC games make no money, I have presented you with 3 companies who are doing fine. Let's see how you try to justify these next ones. The Relic, the ones who make Warhammer 40k. They seem to be doing fine considering they keep making the games. Creative Assembly too, and their Total War series (if you remember, Empire was a bit too buggy), they seem to be donig fine as well. CD Projekt with The Witcher also seems to have done well, well enough for a sequel, currently only on the PC.

I said the industry is struggling, I didn't say its dead as whole.

But keep naming developers of mostly low budget games. I'm not sure what that proves.

What makes a game low budget? Does a game that needs to sell 5 million (just to break even) considered a high budget? The cost were high because your developing on 2 systems, one with architect that is stupid hard to develope for. What if they developed a game on a system that was super easy to develope for? Yet kept the game quality the same, or even better...

Would the game thats on 2 systems,cost more than 80 million dollars to make, be better than the other game that only cost 5 million to make? Even if they were exactly the same, well maybe the one that cost less to make had better graphics. 

I'm sure the sales expectations of those games is lower than what would be expected for major console games.

Those games he mentioned are not the same quality either.

I call Bullshit on this, Shogun Total War 2 is a massive, sophisticated and high quality game with enough content in it to drown 10 Call of Duty games!

Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:

Right, WE don't really know how money is being managed over there.

Once again, I'm not denying Blizzard is successful and its primarily because of an MMO. A game not dealing with massive piracy.

do you know how many private wow servers(a.k.a free servers) their are? theirs a lot of them.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Mr Puggsly said:
Garnett said:

They hardly cover handhelds because nothing particularly interesting is going on there. Hence, nothing particularly interesting is going on in PC gaming.

Publications focus on what the masses want to read about and its not RTS, MMO, and indie games.

yes nothing interesting is going on in pc gaming. if you compare the coverage of exclusive pc games towards exclusive ps3/360 games id say its equal. pc games do get coverage but considering they are also console games you just ignore them. 

until now pc gamers got macika, shogun 2, rift, the sims medevil and many multiplats.(also the witcher 2 is releasing soon). thats pretty good, and considering dota 2, diablo 3 and guildwars 2 are also coming out this year pc gamers are gonna have a very good year.

now do you know what game is going to tear consoles games to shreads this year? dota 2. expect it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good