By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 3/28 ~ 4/3

3DS games are bombing left and right. I don't think Nintendo can be too happy about the situation when PSP comfortably outsells it and considering that Wii is already dead with no upcoming games for months or games in the top 10 for a long while and getting outsold 2:1 to 3:1 by the PS3. Plus DS support has almost ceased, meaning only leggy titles and a few semi big games will keep it afloat.

The most worrying thing is the Wii's situation. And 3DS is yet to have a title debut at N°1.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
Games4Fun said:
Nsanity said:

Microsoft may just give up on Japan and focus elsewhere on a less Xenophobia region.

So i guess anyone who didnt purchase a Sony or Nintendo system is this too? Yea makes total sense. Wait I dont like Xbox and im American so what does that make me!

I don't know if that's hte best argument, because tons of people bought each console in the other two regions, while in Japan it's not the case.

It would be better to argue that MS has not been around as long and people in Japan have nostalgia for and faith in Playstation and Ninty consoles and 360 gives little reason to change.  :)

Wasnt really trying to argue just pointing out how stupid it is for people to keep saying it. Im sure there is plenty of Japanase products that the US and other nations dont buy. Japan is in some ways becoming westernized too. Really there is no real arguement against someone calling you a racist. NO matter what you say or do that person is going to sit in that frame of mind until just like a actual racist they get over it or die thinking it.

This is the equal to someone saying since I dislike rap music I must hate African Americans/Black people. Even though I enjoy plenty other music styles that came from them

NYANKS said:

I also like these numbers!  The PSP has to hang tough until the cavalry arrives!  And PS2 is showing that 360! LOL

PS2 outselling the 360 there should be no surprise.

The PS1 was outselling the original Xbox too, back in 2005 (When the PSWii60 gen had started). Now the 3DS gen is here, and the PS2 is outselling the 360.

PS brand is just much, much bigger in Japan than people like to make out.

NYANKS said:
Carl2291 said:

Well...

I like these numbers.

I will say no more, as it will risk in me being banned or something.

I also like these numbers!  The PSP has to hang tough until the cavalry arrives!  And PS2 is showing that 360! LOL

you will see more of these numbers... =)

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

trestres said:

3DS games are bombing left and right. I don't think Nintendo can be too happy about the situation when PSP comfortably outsells it and considering that Wii is already dead with no upcoming games for months or games in the top 10 for a long while and getting outsold 2:1 to 3:1 by the PS3. Plus DS support has almost ceased, meaning only leggy titles and a few semi big games will keep it afloat.

The most worrying thing is the Wii's situation. And 3DS is yet to have a title debut at N°1.

That actually is very good situation for consumer. If sales continue dropping like this Nintendo will have to react with price cuts and proper software support.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
trestres said:

3DS will be okay... It's just priced way too high for what it is/ what's currently on the system.

Does anyone still want to blame 3DS sales on the earthquake?

PS2 is a beast well after 10 years. Outselling a current gen console.

PS3 showing its long sexy legs.

PSP straight gangbusters!

And a response to the xenophobic comment:

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
psrock said:

numbers as they SHould be.

After reading Carl's post, you took the words right out of my mouth XD

The mods really got to him, I'll talk for him.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Is it possible that Nintendo is trying to hold off putting their big guns on the 3DS to get third party sales higher?  If this was their plan it seems to be backfiring.  Thrid party games don't seem to be lighting it up which is causing less then stellar sales for the system.   It's definately not a failure and will go on to sell plenty, but I already think it may be falling inot the classic Nintendo hardware stigma.  Once we get some AAA first party titles, sales will explode.

PSN: GripnRip

Always up to game.

Get your Portable ID!

Nsanity said:

Microsoft may just give up on Japan and focus elsewhere on a less Xenophobia region.

I know, that's why they hate Starbucks, Apple, and McDonalds as well.  Oh wait...

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.