By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony sticks its penis in the hornet's nest?

Will Sony sticks its penis in the hornet's nest?

Yes 158 72.81%

No 59 27.19%

Total:217
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
bannedagain said:
Euphoria14 said:

So since we techinically don't own our PS3s does this mean I get my $900 back that I have spent on the (2) consoles?

If not, then do I at least get back $450 since I own only half of it?

I also wonder why people think that you do not have the right to do whatever the hell you wish your PS3 whether it be hardware or software.

If they decided that it is perfectly within my rights to do so with my smartphone then what makes my PS3 any different?

It voids your warranty and you could be banned from PSN, alright. Don't knock my door in though.

Exactly, Right on target.

Thanks... i live in Brazil, i have freedom of speech and because of hacking community we don't have official support and our games cost 2,5x more than on USA... now i think i should thanks pirating and hacking to stand to my rights.

That has nothing to do with hacking.... and everything to do with the GIANT import tax on foreign goods in brazil.

It's also why piracy is so high.

Owwww I see, so Sony doesn't control governments to make their decisions favour them??? I though people were saying that you can't win against Sony because they own the judicial with their deep pockets...

So in reality governments act on their own?? Interesting toughs, and are governments that makes law not Sony. If Sony can use the judicial system so can you, go there and sue Sony in grounds that it's illegal to take of other/os or sue GeoHotz, maybe you win.

Uhh... what?

You need to take a deep breath, calm down, realize your kinda flaming and in general, acting really illogical.   Your profile says your 26... but your making that pretty hard to believe... espiecally with Ignorance on your own countries economic policies and for why shit is so expensive in brazil.  I mean heck, you just raised tarriffs even more on various stuff recently.

Also, Sony is being sued for removing Other OS.  In a case they might lose specifically because they are argueing two completely contradictory things in that case and the Geohotz case.

Yep i'm 26... and I know everything in Brazil is really highly taxed... but a lot of companies have tax incentives, and if Sony were the corrupt greedy they sure could buy some legislators to put tax on technology they would export to here really low.

Yes and this is how it should be, if you think removal of other/os is illegal sue and you may win... don't try cyber terrorysm saying it's the only solution.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

And about people complain about taking of Other/OS support going against the benefits to health and militar research... Did they needed to upgrade their firmware??? I don't think so, those PS3 weren't used to play games... I didn't saw any of the Supercomputer users complaining about the removal of other/OS just people that think homebrew is a civil right even if it make pirating rampant.

And the Dreamcast comparison is really good, put the console that bankrupted and took Sega from console development to say piracy don't harm... nice one.

If you didn't see any of the supercomputer users complaing, you weren't looking.

Lots of them did complain.  Including the US Airforce.

"We checked in with the Air Force Research Laboratory, which noted its disappointment with the Sony decision. "We will have to continue to use the systems we already have in hand," the lab told Ars, but "this will make it difficult to replace systems that break or fail. The refurbished PS3s also have the problem that when they come back from Sony, they have the firmware (gameOS) and it will not allow Other OS, which seems wrong. We are aware of class-action lawsuits against Sony for taking away this option on systems that used to have it.""

And yeah, piracy wasn't why the dreamcast failed.  The Dreamcast failed because of dumb hardware mistakes... everyone knows this, your just kinda... throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks at this point. 

I mean, it's pretty obvious you just want to support sony... because... and don't actually have a coherent line of reasoning for doing so.

DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
bannedagain said:
Euphoria14 said:

So since we techinically don't own our PS3s does this mean I get my $900 back that I have spent on the (2) consoles?

I also wonder why people think that you do not have the right to do whatever the hell you wish your PS3 whether it be hardware or software.

If they decided that it is perfectly within my rights to do so with my smartphone then what makes my PS3 any different?

It voids your warranty and you could be banned from PSN, alright. Don't knock my door in though.

Thanks... i live in Brazil, i have freedom of speech and because of hacking community we don't have official support and our games cost 2,5x more than on USA... now i think i should thanks pirating and hacking to stand to my rights.

That has nothing to do with hacking.... and everything to do with the GIANT import tax on foreign goods in brazil.

Owwww I see, so Sony doesn't control governments to make their decisions favour them??? I though people were saying that you can't win against Sony because they own the judicial with their deep pockets...

So in reality governments act on their own?? Interesting toughs, and are governments that makes law not Sony. If Sony can use the judicial system so can you, go there and sue Sony in grounds that it's illegal to take of other/os or sue GeoHotz, maybe you win.

Uhh... what?

You need to take a deep breath, calm down, realize your kinda flaming and in general, acting really illogical.   Your profile says your 26... but your making that pretty hard to believe... espiecally with Ignorance on your own countries economic policies and for why shit is so expensive in brazil.  I mean heck, you just raised tarriffs even more on various stuff recently.

Also, Sony is being sued for removing Other OS.  In a case they might lose specifically because they are argueing two completely contradictory things in that case and the Geohotz case.

Yep i'm 26... and I know everything in Brazil is really highly taxed... but a lot of companies have tax incentives, and if Sony were the corrupt greedy they sure could buy some legislators to put tax on technology they would export to here really low.

Yes and this is how it should be, if you think removal of other/os is illegal sue and you may win... don't try cyber terrorysm saying it's the only solution.

What advantage would sony gain from lowering the import tax on videogames?

I mean, it's just as expensive for Wii and 360, the brazillian tech industry is laugable and the Brazillian market isn't big enough to be worth the effort.  I mean hell, even Apple won't put stores there when directly asked by government officials.

They could, so could MS, or Nintendo.  Your country just isn't worth it.

As for the bolded.  I agree with you there.  I just have zero sympathy for sony.  It's like seeing a car thief get his house toliet papered.

Sure, what happened to him sucked, but i'm supposed to have sympathy because the car theif had to pull some toliet paper off his trees?

Please.

Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:

And about people complain about taking of Other/OS support going against the benefits to health and militar research... Did they needed to upgrade their firmware??? I don't think so, those PS3 weren't used to play games... I didn't saw any of the Supercomputer users complaining about the removal of other/OS just people that think homebrew is a civil right even if it make pirating rampant.

And the Dreamcast comparison is really good, put the console that bankrupted and took Sega from console development to say piracy don't harm... nice one.

If you didn't see any of the supercomputer users complaing, you weren't looking.

"We checked in with the Air Force Research Laboratory, which noted its disappointment with the Sony decision. "We will have to continue to use the systems we already have in hand," the lab told Ars, but "this will make it difficult to replace systems that break or fail. The refurbished PS3s also have the problem that when they come back from Sony, they have the firmware (gameOS) and it will not allow Other OS, which seems wrong. We are aware of class-action lawsuits against Sony for taking away this option on systems that used to have it.""

And yeah, piracy wasn't why the dreamcast failed.  The Dreamcast failed because of dumb hardware mistakes... everyone knows this, your just kinda... throwing shit against a wall and hoping it sticks at this point. 

I mean, it's pretty obvious you just want to support sony... because... and don't actually have a coherent line of reasoning for doing so.

I don't support Sony as I don't receive a paycheck.

And they can't buy a new PS3slim to put there, when the Slim never had Other/OS, failed.

Refurbished PS3, Sony fix the PS3 and send it back properly updated, did they tried to fix with 3rd parties (this are still legal you know)?

And the US Army can also sue Sony or never buy their thing again if they seem it is wrong, but they bought the PS3 because it was a lot cheaper option at the time.

What I don't support is hiding behind Civil Rights for doing harmfull things (isn't your case, but you know that a lot of people hiting Sony are doing for their own reasons masked behind the Other/OS remove).

About Dreamcast, you can't choose the problems for it failure, it's always a sum of problems. To say piracy didn't contribute whatsoever isn't really smart. If you want to say Piracy don't harm a company at least use PS2 or CoD since them got really pirated and still breathed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
bannedagain said:
Euphoria14 said:

Uhh... what?

I mean, it's just as expensive for Wii and 360, the brazillian tech industry is laugable and the Brazillian market isn't big enough to be worth the effort.  I mean hell, even Apple won't put stores there when directly asked by government officials.

As for the bolded.  I agree with you there.  I just have zero sympathy for sony.  It's like seeing a car thief get his house toliet papered.

Sure, what happened to him sucked, but i'm supposed to have sympathy because the car theif had to pull some toliet paper off his trees?

Please.

Probably Sony wouldn't have any benefit, or MS... owww wait, they know have official support for PS3 (because it was pirate free for the time being) and it know you don't pay 2000 reais (1400 dollars -) but 1200 reais (750 dollars) so they have interest. But thanks to the pleasants words about my country, you really seems like a nice person.

So you compare Sony using legal system to be a thief, and hackers doing illegal thing as prankers, interesting.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:

And they can't buy a new PS3slim to put there, when the Slim never had Other/OS, failed.

Refurbished PS3, Sony fix the PS3 and send it back properly updated, did they tried to fix with 3rd parties (this are still legal you know)?

And the US Army can also sue Sony or never buy their thing again if they seem it is wrong, but they bought the PS3 because it was a lot cheaper option at the time.

What I don't support is hiding behind Civil Rights for doing harmfull things (isn't your case, but you know that a lot of people hiting Sony are doing for their own reasons masked behind the Other/OS remove).

About Dreamcast, you can't choose the problems for it failure, it's always a sum of problems. To say piracy didn't contribute whatsoever isn't really smart. If you want to say Piracy don't harm a company at least use PS2 or CoD since them got really pirated and still breathed.

By your logic.  One of the Reasons Dreamcast failed was Sonic Adventures.   Can't pick and choose!

Piracy isn't why the Dreamcast failed, because the Dreamcast had an extremly high tie ratio.  Higher then the PS2 at a comprable time, higher then the Gamecube or 360 at a comprable time.

The Dreamcast sold more software then it should have based on the number of consoles it sold.

So you literally can not blame piracy.

Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:

By your logic.  One of the Reasons Dreamcast failed was Sonic Adventures.   Can't pick and choose!

Piracy isn't why the Dreamcast failed, because the Dreamcast had an extremly high tie ratio.  Higher then the PS2 at a comprable time, higher then the Gamecube or 360 at a comprable time.

The Dreamcast sold more software then it should have based on the number of consoles it sold.

And Sony supported homebrew (begin time of PSP) and Linux (up until 2010 on PS3) more than any other console company, so by your logic Sony couldn't be caled bastards greedy mofos.

You can't use GeoHotz lawyers documents stating that Sony did take of Other/OS because of cost as the true yet, lawyers interpret documents in their best interest. Sony never tried to take down other/os before Hotz exploits.

I'll lunch when i get back we can still talk.

DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
bannedagain said:
Euphoria14 said:

Uhh... what?

Please.

Probably Sony wouldn't have any benefit, or MS... owww wait, they know have official support for PS3 (because it was pirate free for the time being) and it know you don't pay 2000 reais (1400 dollars -) but 1200 reais (750 dollars) so they have interest. But thanks to the pleasants words about my country, you really seems like a nice person.

So you compare Sony using legal system to be a thief, and hackers doing illegal thing as prankers, interesting.

It's not kind or unkind words about your country.  It's just the simple fact that it's not worth it.  It is what it is.

Also yes?

Shutting down giant corporations and putting people into millions and millions of dollars of debt, in lawsuits you know you would lose, so you stretch out the procedings so people have to give up due to financial reasons and taking away vital promised features of a product is a LOT worse then a DDOS attack, that takes down a website for like... a couple hours... and maybe slows the site for another hour or two two.

DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:

And Sony supported homebrew (begin time of PSP) and Linux (up until 2010 on PS3) more than any other console company, so by your logic Sony couldn't be caled bastards greedy mofos.

You can't use GeoHotz lawyers documents stating that Sony did take of Other/OS because of cost as the true yet, lawyers interpret documents in their best interest. Sony never tried to take down other/os before Hotz exploits.

I'll lunch when i get back we can still talk.

That wasn't Geohotz lawyers documents.  So, i'm guessing you didn't bother to read.

Again?  Your not making any sense though.  Also going off topic.

As for Sony's support of Homebrew.... um....are you talking about the same Sony who sued someone into the ground for teaching his robot dog new tricks?

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2011/02/sonys-war-on-makers-hackers-and-innovators.html

Because your defenses aginst hacking and homebrewing are incompetant compaired to your competitors doesn't make you "more open" to homebrew.

Really, any company doing this would be facing the same scrutiny, being Nintendo or Microsoft.   Or at least MOST of it anyway, since some of it likely is due to the fact that Sony does this a LOT.

Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kasz216 said:
DonFerrari said:
bannedagain said:
Euphoria14 said:

Uhh... what?

Please.

It's not kind or unkind words about your country.  It's just the simple fact that it's not worth it.  It is what it is.

Also yes?

Shutting down giant corporations and putting people into millions and millions of dollars of debt, in lawsuits you know you would lose, so you stretch out the procedings so people have to give up due to financial reasons and taking away vital promised features of a product is a LOT worse then a DDOS attack, that takes down a website for like... a couple hours... and maybe slows the site for another hour or two two.

You know that if you can't hire a lawyer you can have one for free don't you? So if you are poor you still alowed a defense and a right to be heard, and every case is streched, even if you do peer against peer or against government.

And vital promised features seems like it's impossible to turn on the PS3 without it... and i don't mind they doing DDOS for the rest of their lifes, just don't try to sound as they are doing it for the interest of consumers, they are doing for theirs consumer interest, it's different.