By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS has the wow factor for gamers and non gamers (even Nintendo haters)

I find it funny that the people complaining about the 3D are forgetting that games are gonna be coming out soon. No patience from them I can see... And I'm seeing a repeat in what they are saying. Stop feeding them. ;D

Around the Network

I freaking LOVE my 3DS. I bring it with me everywhere to get play coins and hit StreetPass Miis. It has wowed almost everyone in my family and Co-workers. Face Raiders is full of win.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Linkasf said:

I find it funny that the people complaining about the 3D are forgetting that games are gonna be coming out soon. No patience from them I can see... And I'm seeing a repeat in what they are saying. Stop feeding them. ;D

I don't get how waiting for games would make them dislike the 3D. The two are not related.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

MaxwellGT2000 said:

Mostly these guys just hate Nintendo because they want to hate Nintendo not because they dont enjoy their games. So if Nintendo can get these people to get interested they must do something really well. btw go moan somewhere else, it´s not a gimmick.

Yeah 3D in games is about as much of a gimmick as  HD Resolution (corrected)

And yes these people from my story are the gamers that really didn't give Wii the time of day, but the 3DS had such a great wow factor that it even impressed them.

Yeah, I agree with you.

And I don't really care about the 3D effect but I already love the 3DS and you know why? This:

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/3dsgames/

The 3D effect is really important for the 3D mode in SSFIV and I think it can bring something to the industry. Also, AR isn't really a new idea but Nintendo is using it very well. I can't wait to see more AR games or street pass games.

Hisiru said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Mostly these guys just hate Nintendo because they want to hate Nintendo not because they dont enjoy their games. So if Nintendo can get these people to get interested they must do something really well. btw go moan somewhere else, it´s not a gimmick.

And yes these people from my story are the gamers that really didn't give Wii the time of day, but the 3DS had such a great wow factor that it even impressed them.

Yeah, I agree with you.

And I don't really care about the 3D effect but I already love the 3DS and you know why? This:

The 3D effect is really important for the 3D mode in SSFIV and I think it can bring something to the industry. Also, AR isn't really a new idea but Nintendo is using it very well. I can't wait to see more AR games or street pass games.

Haha you didn't have to correct me on the 3D or Motion controls thing, I was being sarcastic as both are not gimmicks in the least and provide their own benefits for gaming, which I was trying to make a point about.

And yeah I know about the upcoming games, it's going to be insane, but I never saw that site. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Hisiru said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

Yeah, I agree with you.

Haha you didn't have to correct me on the 3D or Motion controls thing, I was being sarcastic as both are not gimmicks in the least and provide their own benefits for gaming, which I was trying to make a point about.

And yeah I know about the upcoming games, it's going to be insane, but I never saw that site. 

Hmm, if I had known you were being sarcastic there, I wouldn't have replied as I did.

BTW, I do think this will sell well, but the true killer apps will always be games, and will be those you don't even need the 3D on to enjoy (after all, the really good 360 and PS3 games are still good on even old 13'' TVs).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I've loving my 3DS so far and everyone else who has seen it has been 'wowed'.  My only problem is that it came out less than a month after Pokemon B/W, meaning that game is getting far more attention when played on my 3DS than the console or the software itself.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Linkasf said:

I don't get how waiting for games would make them dislike the 3D. The two are not related.

What I'm saying is that on one end, someone is saying " the 3D isn't good, and they are relying on it more than the games" or that's maybe what looks like I am reading. I can understand why you hate the 3D because it is somewhat like how people were talking about HD, and that's kinda true, but I don't see anyone overrating it. You're making it sound like it's a bigger deal by saying it doesn't work well.

oniyide said:

^^^maybe you cant see 3D well??? cause i never get headaches after watching a movie

@rolstoppable i kind of agree that the 3D isnt that big a leap in gaming as some people think, i dont care im still going get one eventually just for the good games that do come. and i think your giving way too much credit to WiiSports an on rails tennis game is not sim, not even close. a baseball where you dont run and a inaccurate boxing game or not sims, they might be fun for a bit but not sims. bowling and tennis are straight

Almost all my friends and family find 3D movies at the cinema unenjoyable. The 3D effect seems very unnatural and it strains your eyes, it might be better without the glasses.

Still, 240p 3D are an unnatractive mix.

Linkasf said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Linkasf said:

What I'm saying is that on one end, someone is saying " the 3D isn't good, and they are relying on it more than the games" or that's maybe what looks like I am reading. I can understand why you hate the 3D because it is somewhat like how people were talking about HD, and that's kinda true, but I don't see anyone overrating it. You're making it sound like it's a bigger deal by saying it doesn't work well.

Indeed and 3D in video games is very different than 3D in movies, movies are not interactive, and they obviously want you to focus on one object as it's put in your face.  But with 3D on video games you can focus your eyes on whatever object in the environment that you want, much like you would in real life, and you can see the depth.  Like I've already been saying this has a lot more importance in video games when you're trying to judge depth.

Perfect example is this, Super Mario 64 for the first time, there were many many times as a kid I misjudged a jump because I would think a wall or some such was further away than I originally thought, and I would slam into it before I could execute the triple jump.  If the game was in 3D it would have been natural to judge that distance, but what happened was having to train myself to judge distances in games without the depth, this is still an issue from time to time when I have to play a flying game, swimming in Super Mario Galaxy, and some other games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000