By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying this 3D thing

Play4Fun said:
amp316 said:
HexenLord said:

Wow, OP really doesn't understand the differences in different types of 3D. Yes, the N64 had 3D graphics, as in it used 3d models in the forms of animated polygons instead of the traditional 'sprites'. Most games used 3D graphics these days (although a lot of games on the Wii and some of the Japanese PS3 games don't always use 3D graphics).

You DO realize that 3D rendering is a lot different than 3D projecting?

I do understand this, but both of them were advertised the same way.

Psshhhh...lies.

Your recent comments show that you did not know the difference.

Or a smart ass.

I have never been known as one of those.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

pilot wings is weak, and no there isn't an army of killer launch titles but there are solid titles with some great ones coming down the pike.  however, after spending some time with it, yes...street fighter is something worth getting excited over.  great game and makes good use of the 3d.

lol

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Off topic:  Ocarina Of Time is one of the worst Zelda games ever made?  This seriously makes me question your taste.  Let me guess, you'd rather play a game like Twilight Princess?  Stop trying to go off topic and ruin this thread.  Talk about the issues at hand.

On topic:  I am not like one of these people that thought that you had to waggle to win in order to win on a Wii game.  The Wii and 3DS are two completely different cases.  The Wii was released with Wii Sports which was something completely original.  Now the 3DS, on the other hand, is releasing old games with a stereoscopic 3D effect on it and acting like it's something new.  It would be like if the Wii was released with all of the New Play Controls games.  Don't you see the difference?  I am not going to spend an arm and a leg to play old games with a 3D effect. 

To be honest, nothing from the launch interests me at all but Pilotwings.  The launch lineup is rather weak and don't act like getting a year old Street Fighter game is something to be excited about.

You are still in complete denial. You can't tell me that you wouldn't want to play SSF IV, it's not like you've already played that game on your Wii. I could understand an HD console owner making a thread like this to talk down on the 3DS, but you only own and play the Wii for god's sake. You have hardly an idea of what a good third party game is, because all you played in the last four years is trash.

Yep...

Monster Hunter Tri and GoldenEye 007 are complete trash.  :p

I see how it is, 3DS is your latest reason to rip on the Wii's 3rd party lineup instead of trying to support the quality stuff on it.  I'm sure that you can write 50 more threads on this subject.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Yep...

Monster Hunter Tri and GoldenEye 007 are complete trash.  :p

I see how it is, 3DS is your latest reason to rip on the Wii's 3rd party lineup instead of trying to support the quality stuff on it.  I'm sure that you can write 50 more threads on this subject.

I'm surprised that you didn't call this thread "Why the 3DS bombed". I guess you wanted to come off as somewhat original this time.

What exactly is this quality stuff I am missing out on? Just because you named the only two half-good third party games that the Wii ever got doesn't mean that all the rest isn't trash. You are seriously reaching here and your condesceding tone doesn't help your case either.

Because your threads are all so original.  Now that's hardcore Rol.

How about Sonic Colors or Resident Evil 4?  Are those crap ? 

...and I have a condescending tone?  Pot meet kettle.

Around the Network

SSFIV, Pilotwings and Nintendogs Plus Cats seem to be the best games at the moment. I wouldn't spend money on anything else after that until the bigger games start coming out.

Ridge Racer, Rayman, Lego Star Wars and Ghost Recon are probably the next best after that, especially if you're a fan of them. I'd stay away from the rest.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:

Because your threads are all so original.  Now that's hardcore Rol.

How about Sonic Colors or Resident Evil 4?  Are those crap ? 

...and I have a condescending tone?  Pot meet kettle.

Do I sense envy in your words?

Yes, they are crap for the sake of my argument.

And stop with the mudslinging.

Nah.  No envy here.  Being a popular internet thread writer is not what I aspire to be in life.  There's other things outside of here.

So you make things up for the sake of an argument?  Wow.  Oh yeah... I already knew that.

Mudslinging?  What mudslinging?  Having an opinion other than RolStoppable's and stating it isn't mudslinging.  Honest, it really isn't. 

@amp  oh man where to begin! I love this post cause it was funny. you say you cant see in 3D, so that makes your entire opnion on 3D null and void. how is 3d anymore a gimmick than motion??? its up to the devs to make good use of it. there are some games on Wii that absoluetly suck when it comes to motion tech, but others nail it. same with 3d, Tron legacy was great, RE not so much. you dont want to play the same games??? but you mention RE4??? get real. The wii had just as much ports of old ass games that the 3DS has, Godfather, Scarface, DBZ, MK, Bully, Twilight Princess, Tomb Raider, HOD, thats just the games i named of the top of my head. I 100% with Rol on this one, you have no idea what a good 3rd party game is, Monster Hunter??? its good but PSP was doing it already for years, RE4??? really a port of a port if thats what you think is good 3rd party support then i feel for you, GE?? Its a blast but lack of any voice chat means it still doesnt hold a candle to most FPSs on the HDs. Sonic Colors??? you have got to be kidding me, the game is good but not all that, hell the DS version is still better.

OT I actually dont care for the 3D and the launch line up is full of games that i dont care for or have already played, but to sit here an act like 3DS is going to be a piece of crap is erroneous and i cant believe a sane Ninty fan would think that?? If its half as good as the DS i think we are in good shape

^^^^ that was kinda funny, but the WIi has weak 3rd party line-up, cant really see how that can be argued

oniyide said:

^^^^ that was kinda funny, but the WIi has weak 3rd party line-up, cant really see how that can be argued

I admitted that the Wii had a 3rd party lineup in the OP.  I was telling Rol that there are some good 3rd party games on the Wii even though he's claimed otherwise the last 4 years.

Also, about the not seeing 3D thing in the OP.  It's called sarcasm.