By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NOE reveals 3DS European launch sales

RolStoppable said:
Nintendogamer said:
milkyjoe said:

These aren't Europe wide numbers. It's UK only.

Whats with "with news that the Nintendo 3DS achieved sales of 303,000 units across the entirety of Europe." or does this mean 303,000 and 113,000 seperate = 416,000.

I think this could mean that the 3DS sold indeed 416k, at least if we are going by toastboy's logic that the UK is not part of Europe.

UK is a bigger gaming market I imagine so maybe they count that out, I mean we track, france, Italy, Germany ect, surley 3DS sold at least 5,000 in Slovenia, Ukraine, Poland and the rest of the countries in EU to add up to about 416,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Ctrl F5, front page has 3DS at 346k now for EMEAA

RolStoppable said:
Nintendogamer said:
RolStoppable said:

I think this could mean that the 3DS sold indeed 416k, at least if we are going by toastboy's logic that the UK is not part of Europe.

UK is a bigger gaming market I imagine so maybe they count that out, I mean we track, france, Italy, Germany ect, surley 3DS sold at least 5,000 in Slovenia, Ukraine, Poland and the rest of the countries in EU to add up to about 416,000.

You don't say the entirety of Europe and then exclude the single biggest market, that really makes no sense. There are no ifs and buts, the 3DS really only sold around 300k units in its launch week.

Terrible numbers, let's see what happens next week.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Wow, that had to have been one of the fastest adjustments ever.

From Gaf (No source though):

50k sold in Germany (2 days)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26850197&postcount=48

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

So...E in EMEAA equates for about 80% of total sales? Surprise!

VGC sounds bout right here

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

isn't this also only for the weekend? That's not a full week's worth of sales, so that's pretty impressive

So is this impressive or not?  It would seem so since it broke records in UK and Germany, did it do less everywhere else in thte region?  What were people hoping for?

yea i'm confused in why i see people saying dissapointing and what not

every single time i see sales posted it mentions breaking records in that area.  so seriously what were you guys expecting?

NYANKS said:

So is this impressive or not?  It would seem so since it broke records in UK and Germany, did it do less everywhere else in thte region?  What were people hoping for?

I think everyone expected that it will beat all previous sales records.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB