By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NOE reveals 3DS European launch sales

Zlejedi said:
NYANKS said:

So is this impressive or not?  It would seem so since it broke records in UK and Germany, did it do less everywhere else in thte region?  What were people hoping for?

I think everyone expected that it will beat all previous sales records.

thats sad that all we see is it breaking records for sales and people say its failing, because they apparantly had just outlandish ideas on what it will do

Around the Network

lol like someone said, one of the fastest adjustments...ever.

so overtracked by 100k or so previously. But 300k is still very good

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

PSP opened with over 600k sales in EMEAA so these numbers are not exactly that amazing. Solid launch but not as big as I expected.

KillerMan said:

PSP opened with over 600k sales in EMEAA so these numbers are not exactly that amazing. Solid launch but not as big as I expected.

well to be fair this is pretty much mainly Europe..don't think 3DS is released in other places much yet

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Zlejedi said:
NYANKS said:

So is this impressive or not?  It would seem so since it broke records in UK and Germany, did it do less everywhere else in thte region?  What were people hoping for?

I think everyone expected that it will beat all previous sales records.

It did beat all previous sales records, for Nintendo consoles. The PSP had a huge launch because Sony is huge in Europe, and was much more popular with core gamers in 2005. Not to mention the fact that the IPad 2 launched the SAME DAY as the 3DS.

Its expensive, its technology that you really have to see to believe and its coming off the back of a company whos most recent console was most famous for family friendly entertainment. Believe it or not, its a difficult transition to make, and you only need look at Japans continued PSP love for evidence of this.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
KillerMan said:

How many days? edit>Forget about it.

PSP had 185k in UK over 3 days in 2005 btw, 3DS has had 2.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

KillerMan said:

It's not a fair comparison as PSP had 4 or 5 days to achieve that number. 3DS has had only 2.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Did anyone took into consideration 3ds launched in march and not the holiday season. with no killer apps and still broke records

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Probably not, because when people hate Nintendo they find their own logic to try and justify low sales. Just like this whole "Wii is doomz" kick that the haters are still on, even though the Wii sold more consoles then the 360 and only 17,000 less then the PS3 on the last sales figures. But we all know how this story will end. The 3DS will to continue to sell massive amounts, and the haters will have nothing but negative comments towards it.

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

cyberninja45 said:

Did anyone took into consideration 3ds launched in march and not the holiday season. with no killer apps and still broke records

No. Because it was bound to sell millions of copies day 1! 

All you need to do is look here and you'll see everyone has very low expectations for it anyway, lower than the DS. So people just like to whine IMO

It sold well, in 2 days, no killer apps, slow part of the year with another massive launch next to it, but still beat records? That's surely an omen for the NGP...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.