By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN 187 40.22%

XBL 206 44.30%

SAME 34 7.31%

obama saved or created 465 million jobs 36 7.74%

Total:463

My only hope is that I survive anything that happens today so that I can make it home to my PC and post in this thread why XBL is better than PSN.  11 hours to go.

Around the Network

This mostly

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

^^I'm at work so I can't post a long response.  I tried to watch the last video, though.  As soon as i saw "Lackluster" Critic, I shut it down.  

When I could play on Live and PSN I didn't really notice much of a difference between the two. Yeah, Killzone 2 lagged quite a bit where my 360 games didn't, and everyone who played were sexist pigs(and I didn't have a mic so I couldn't defend myself :'(). Besides that though I really didn't see much of a difference 

Also:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Section-8-X-Servers-Allow-For-Up-To-32-Players-On-Xbox-360-19194.html
http://www.thq-games.com/uk/news/show/3323

So obviously the player count/ dedicated server decision is based solely on the developer. XBL doesn't restrict that at all 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

osamanobama said:

could you please point out the made up facts i have in the OP, i will be glad to fix it.

and i dont understand how my reason on why I think psn is better is biased

prob coz it was in the op and not a seperate post. I personally have no problem with your reasoning, hell its a free world but the OP is meant to be the subject matter and not an opinion

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

To Bust a Myth- 

XBL did not start making people pay for DLC or aka Expansion Packs, I had to pay for Rise of Rome... that was an old style DLC... this is a fact.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Hmm obviously PSN

since if we take lim (x/0) then as everyone knows it goes to infinity compared to lim (y/60) which is a number belonging to R therefore PSN is infinitly better than XBL.

* x- value of PSN service, y- value of XBL, 0- price of PSN fee, 60- price of XBL

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

From what I've played an seen/played comparing the same on 2 player split screen on Black Ops, I'd say XBL for stability only really but then I'd damn well hope it is better simply because you pay for it.

Whether the fact you get enough of a better gaming experience for you money, is up to the person paying for the service.

But for other services (mainly UK here) it's things like BBC iPlayer, 4OD and LoveFilm that, in my view, PSN offers so much more value (obviously :P)

Hmm, pie.

The way I see it, if these two services were free, I would prefer XBOX Live.  It seems to be more integrated into the platform, has better communication options and the Rep, Matchmaking system and reporting system are all significantly better on Live.  Additionally, the inclusion of a mic/headset in every 360 ensures a level or participation that is unmatched on the PSN.

IF they both cost to participate, I'd select Xbox Live for the reasons listed above.

So in my opinion, the ONLY reason you can compare the two is because for the core functionality of playing on-line, one is free and one cost.  Otherwise, I dont think this would really even be close.

Doobie_wop said:
yo_john117 said:
Doobie_wop said:

PSN is free and live is around $80 a year in Australia, so PSN automatically wins. A few things I like about live though are the demos they have for every XBLA game, the have a larger amount of demos for their retail games and they get a few cool exclusives that don't come on PSN (Super Meat Boy, Geometry Wars, Limbo).

I also find PSN store easier to use, I don't like how XBLA games are all split into different sectors and then I have to scroll through them using a broken D-Pad that keeps making me switch panels. It also looks less classy.

LMAO just use the left thumbstick...soooooooooo much easier to control and use the right and left bumpers and triggers to manuver faster through stuff.

Dude, I'm old school. I use every oppurtunity I can get to use a D-Pad, I also usually find them easier to use when navigating and it's an impulse built into me from the use of all my other consoles. Microsoft has gotta get on fixin that thing.

Lol i'm the exact opposite! Whenever I have to use the d-pad for anything other then switching weapons I get pissed off. In fact I thought the controller for my PS3 broke because it made me use the d-pad for a few things (forgot what is was for) and I was trying to use the thumbsticks.