By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN vs XBL which is better?

PSN 187 40.22%

XBL 206 44.30%

SAME 34 7.31%

obama saved or created 465 million jobs 36 7.74%

Total:463
mantlepiecek said:
Mad55 said:
mantlepiecek said:

I have had lag in Call of Duty 5 and 6, and know of others who have lag as well.

Killzone 2 on the other hand runs like the single player.

oh well my friends had lag in killzone i mean different person different experiences i suppose. Im saying you really cant say its an overall bad online experience because its more good than bad lag wise same for killzone.

Another obvious advantage for dedicated servers: When the community is small, for eg killzone 2, you can actually get a lagless game. The same is not true for any P2P game out there, and Halo and CoD are exception even though they are popular they have lag, although Halo doesn't lag that much.

A game like rainbow six vegas is unplayable for me, even though it has a small respectable community, it lags like sh*t.

Rainbow Six Vegas uses dedicated servers. Bungie is better at their netcoding then other developers and thats why it runs almost lag free.

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

O fuckin really?

I am suuuure GT 5 is 100x more fun than Forza since sooo many more people play that game..

Fact is, no. of people playing a game doesn't equal its quality. Until you realise this, you shouldn't even be having a discussion about which one is better because you clearly don't know the difference between popularity and quality.

Metacritic Scores:

MAG-76                                                        Gears of War-94

Resistance: Fall of Man-86                       Gears of War 2-93

Resistance 2:-87                                         Halo 3-94

Killzone 2-91                                                 Halo:Reach-91

Killzone 3-84

I guess everyone else needs to realize this as well. Or maybe the 360 just has better exclusive shooters. I'll go with the latter. Dedicated servers doesn't make a better game.

They do. Which is why gears of war 3 is using dedicated servers.

Still doesn't make the game better. It helps it run smoother (hypothetically)

damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:
Mad55 said:
mantlepiecek said:

I have had lag in Call of Duty 5 and 6, and know of others who have lag as well.

Killzone 2 on the other hand runs like the single player.

oh well my friends had lag in killzone i mean different person different experiences i suppose. Im saying you really cant say its an overall bad online experience because its more good than bad lag wise same for killzone.

Another obvious advantage for dedicated servers: When the community is small, for eg killzone 2, you can actually get a lagless game. The same is not true for any P2P game out there, and Halo and CoD are exception even though they are popular they have lag, although Halo doesn't lag that much.

A game like rainbow six vegas is unplayable for me, even though it has a small respectable community, it lags like sh*t.

Rainbow Six Vegas uses dedicated servers. Bungie is better at their netcoding then other developers and thats why it runs almost lag free.

It doesn't. It has a facility that makes you the dedicated server, and you would have to be just a spectator. But that is still not a true dedicated server, and the normal game is p2p.

This just destroys the host advantage, but the lag is still very much there.

damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

Yes it does make a game better. Running smoother = better.

mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

Its the exact same game either way. Doesn't make it better. Helps it run smoother.

Around the Network
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

Its the exact same game either way. Doesn't make it better. Helps it run smoother.

It doesn't need to be the exact same game. Point being, dedicated servers are superior to p2p servers.

Its not a tiny difference, its a big difference unless its Halo in which there is still Host migration issues and host advantage but its negligible.

mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

It doesn't need to be the exact same game. Point being, dedicated servers are superior to p2p servers.

Its not a tiny difference, its a big difference unless its Halo in which there is still Host migration issues and host advantage but its negligible.

Depends on the developer if its a big difference or not. Halo runs perfectly fine, MW and MW2 ran pretty damn well. Dedicated is better I'm not arguing that, but you are making it sound like a game is worthless without it. If it was that big of a deal then COD wouldn't of sold 1/20 of the amount it has sold.

Either way I'm done arguing about it.

I am going to go with PSN simply because of Playstation Plus. For the same price as it costs to access multiplayer and most of the features on XBLA you get at least 12 PSN games 24 minis and 12 psone games. Sure you do not get to keep them after the service runs out but having access to over 40 games is an incredible value. Combine that with the numerous discounts you get from the service plus cloud saving and it is enough to push PSN over the top. XBLA has lots of great games, even more so than PSN and it has less of the annoying updates and cross game chat but it all comes down to price.

Mad55 said:

lol man sounds like you just wanna say you dont like xbox live more than psn and decided to make a thread about it.

Took words right out of my mouth.

PSN In my opinion.