By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Agency Cancelled

This makes me sad. I know a few people in the Tucson studio. Close friend was the main manager there. :(

Haven't been able to talk to him yet, but I know he's talented and very smart so he should be able to get a new job if one wasn't already offered to him somewhere else in Sony.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

Yes, and Toyota, Honda, GM, and several others (But Ford), didn't just shut down their plants due to not being able to get parts from Japan. Basically, they just laid off thousands of workers. And if your curious, the only thing Ford can't make due to the whole Japan catastrophe is red and black painted vehicles.

Also, I had a discussion with Naz about unemployment. The weekly/monthly reported numbers are fake. Once a person gives up and stops claiming unemployment, mostly due to the fact they no longer get a check (like me), you are instantly dropped from the percentage reported as unemployed. Ron Paul and had a discussion with the Federal Reserve Chairman about the real number, which is 20%.

Bullshit.

20% of the US eligible workforce is not out of a job. Even if it is that high, there are tons of jobs out there. They just need to lower their expectations and take something "beneath" them until a better job can be obtained.

People need to do what they can and not rely on handouts or that perfect job. I've worked more than one before until I could find one that was better. They can too.

superchunk said:
ssj12 said:

Yes, and Toyota, Honda, GM, and several others (But Ford), didn't just shut down their plants due to not being able to get parts from Japan. Basically, they just laid off thousands of workers. And if your curious, the only thing Ford can't make due to the whole Japan catastrophe is red and black painted vehicles.

Also, I had a discussion with Naz about unemployment. The weekly/monthly reported numbers are fake. Once a person gives up and stops claiming unemployment, mostly due to the fact they no longer get a check (like me), you are instantly dropped from the percentage reported as unemployed. Ron Paul and had a discussion with the Federal Reserve Chairman about the real number, which is 20%.

Bullshit.

20% of the US eligible workforce is not out of a job. Even if it is that high, there are tons of jobs out there. They just need to lower their expectations and take something "beneath" them until a better job can be obtained.

People need to do what they can and not rely on handouts or that perfect job. I've worked more than one before until I could find one that was better. They can too.

There is a 25% unemployment rate for my county. All counties around me are 10 - 20%. Even Tampa is 14%. There is no taking a job beneath me, as they don't exist. I have open apps in Walmart, Target, Petco, Sams Club, Radio Shack, Best Buy, Pet Smart, hhgregg, two small time health food stores, GNC, etc. I keep them fresh. Been out of a job for a year now.

There are jobs that are above me, things that take masters degrees and above which I do not have. So I'm doing what a lot of others are, college for what I want to become (environmentalist of some form [consultant, etc]).

Face it, a lot of the jobs available are being taken up. You might say there are "tons" of jobs out there, but the applicant lists are massive. Chances of being hired to those jobs are slim as a lot of people want them. There are some that might not want to lower themselves all the way down, and there are ones that will not do good in certain things like me, I refuse to become a telemarketer. I could easily become one, but the first time someone tells me to f-off etc etc I'm going to attack that person right back and get myself fired as I don't take disrespectful shit from anyone. I ripped apart my department manager at walmart for that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
kitler53 said:
ssj12 said:

And Obama keeps saying the economy is getting better and unemployment is going down. It is obvious this restructure is to reduce the effect of the depression we are in.

but there has been growth of the economy and unemployment has gone down ...

there is no way to prove what the "real" unemployment is and really it doesnt' even matter because the definition hasn't changed ... the "real" unemployment has always and forever been higher than the reported unemployment.

that's a real great conspericy theory you've got there but my company has gone from a hireing freeze to laying off about 10% of the company to no hiring almost 10% above the pre-economic-collapse levels.  and we're doing that because there is increased consumer spending to justify the work.

like it or not things are turning around.  it might not be better for you personally as you said you have given up looking for a job and therefore must be unemployed but as a whole things are starting to look up.

Boutros said:

Sad for the ones who lost their jobs but I can't say I'm disappointed. And besides, it created a lot of confusion with Agent.

Pretty much this. The project never looked that interesting to begin with. I am not a mmo person though. But yes sad for so many layoffs. 

Around the Network

i was acualy looking forward to this game...a FPS mmo, i wuda gave it a shot

kitler53 said:
ssj12 said:
kitler53 said:
ssj12 said:

And Obama keeps saying the economy is getting better and unemployment is going down. It is obvious this restructure is to reduce the effect of the depression we are in.

but there has been growth of the economy and unemployment has gone down ...

there is no way to prove what the "real" unemployment is and really it doesnt' even matter because the definition hasn't changed ... the "real" unemployment has always and forever been higher than the reported unemployment.

that's a real great conspericy theory you've got there but my company has gone from a hireing freeze to laying off about 10% of the company to no hiring almost 10% above the pre-economic-collapse levels.  and we're doing that because there is increased consumer spending to justify the work.

like it or not things are turning around.  it might not be better for you personally as you said you have given up looking for a job and therefore must be unemployed but as a whole things are starting to look up.

Oh, i would love to see things actually turning around, but one company hiring due to demand is not unheard of. But remember, what caused this entire collapse in the first place? Banks and the Fed. Every day more and more banks are going under. Last report I've seen, since January about 150 banks collapsed. Government spending is also on the rise with continued wars. Even if we used Raud Paul's 500 billion dollar cuts to the budget, even though all the cuts would destroy the middle class, we would still be grossly overspending and will never be able to pull profit again.

The government is also pumping another $600 billion dollars into the world, making our dollar ever so worthless. The drives up prices on everything. Standards of living decline as prices rise, and also effect demand. The disaster in Japan is also hurting us directly. Other than all the auto manufacturers that I listed effected, Canon, Apple, Panasonic, Sony, and several others have also closed their US production plants for cameras, TVs, and other devices.

Lets ignore the unemployment currently, and look at things from the bigger prospective. The world reserve is considering switching back to the gold standard, several states are minting their own currencies and saying f the fed, Utah has just announced the use of gold and silver as currency, and the US government is basically bankrupt with its only saving grace being that we control the world reserve currently until the IMF drops the dollar like they did the British Sterling. The states that are switching to their own currencies and allowing true free-trade while allowing gold to be used as currency have the greater chances of surviving the crash that we are going to have within the next year or two. Financial analysts from all of the world have laughed at our federal reserve agents who keep telling them the US dollar is sound. Even China has been selling off their stock piles of US dollars for the Yuan, Euro, and Gold.

Now how bad do you think things are going to get when the US dollar's only use is wiping your rear? Unemployment is going to skyrocket. The great depression will look everything was a-ok.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Anyone really surprized that this game got canned anyways ps3 still has 

ps3

Killzone 3
Little Big Planet 2
MLB 2011: The Show featuring 3D & Move Support
Trinity: Zill O'll Zero
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Socom 4
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
The Last Guardian
Team Ico Collection (normally don't like putting collections but come on it's team ICO and they are improving the frame rate and stuff)
Motostorm Apocalypse
Twisted Metal
Infamous 2
Agent
Yakuza 4
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (probably not going to come out in 2011)
White Knight Chronicles 2
Disgaea 4
Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 
Tokyo Jungle 
Sorcery (move)
Playstation Move Heroes (move, crap)
PlayStation Move Ape Escape (move)
PSN; PixelJunk Shooter 2
PixelJunk Lifelike
PSN; Journey
PSN; Malicious
PSN;Amy 
PSN;Rochard
PSN; Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
PSN;Sideway
PSN;Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
PSN;Okabu
PSN; Slambolt Scrappers 
PSN;Red Johnson’s Chronicles
PSN;Rainbow Moon
PSN;Chevalier Tactics
PSN;Arcana Heart 3
PSN; Under Siege
PSN; Replika

ps3/wii

Tales of Graces F
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise (move on ps3)
Rune Factory Oceans

ps3/pc

Final Fantasy XIV(crap)
Free Realms
Explodemon (psn)
Back to the Future: The Game (psn)

for this year alone

SOE was definently bloated, I never realised how large they were. Sad that people got fire, but it didn't seem like much was being done and the management was probably not very good. 

The Agency also never really looked that interesting. MMO? No thank you.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

that's sad,I was looking forward to hearing more on this.