By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Orange Box for the Wii?

Why would it be needed for the Wii? everyone can run it on the pc unless you have a 90's pc.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

How do you know the game would be "more immersive" on the Wii? Have you played Orange Box on the Wii?

Okay. Red Steel sold a million. You've said that. What other FPS have sold close to that on the Wii. And again, your refusing to see how it only sold 500k+ on the XBOX 360. If a game didn't sell a million on there, 'the FPS system', why would it sell close to that on the Wii?

As far as I know there have only been 4 FPS games on the Wii. So i'd guess the lack of FPS on the wii would spur sales. Well there was also Far Cry Vengence, but that doesn't even count. Like I said it's just likely. Selling 300-500K is what i'd call a success you don't think it could do that? While the 360 is the FPS system, it was a game that was released, right around another FPS. COD4 which is winning all sorts of awards. Along with Halo 3 right before it. As for why it would be more immersive, it's the same reason I know that I haven't played Orange box on 360... but I know Keyboard and Mouse is more accurate. You could guess they would screw up the control scheme for no good reason, but that would be a weird assumption.

Neos said:
Why would it be needed for the Wii? everyone can run it on the pc unless you have a 90's pc.

I also recall people getting the wii-mote to (kind of) work on the PC and there is a video where a guy was playing Half-Life 2 with it. There weren't a lot of features they had working yet, but it was interesting that they were able to sort of do it. 

TF2 would be awesome on Wii... so would Portal. :)

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

IllegalPaladin said:
Neos said:

I also recall people getting the wii-mote to (kind of) work on the PC and there is a video where a guy was playing Half-Life 2 with it. There weren't a lot of features they had working yet, but it was interesting that they were able to sort of do it.

Was that Half-Life? I thought it was Wolfenstein.

Around the Network

@ Jessman

How would TF2 be awesome on it? The Wii's online is... well... you know what I mean.

How would portal be awesome? Have you played it on the Wii?

DMeisterJ said:
@ Jessman

How would TF2 be awesome on it? The Wii's online is... well... you know what I mean.

How would portal be awesome? Have you played it on the Wii?

See, i don't know what you mean. I mean, from what i hear it's less laggy then PS3's... MOH2's online is supposed to be all sorts of fun.

Ok, but how many online games does it have versus the PS3 or 360?

"Like I said. You'd likely want to play it on the Wii instead of the PC because the Wii controls are a lot more immersive and fun then the PC."

Kasz216: I got tired of the people that say Wiimote is more "fun". People have right to their opinions but that is just a opinions nothing more. Please stop making it to someting solid.

Looks better with.

"Like I said. You'd likely want to play it on the Wii instead of the PC because some people think Wii controls are a lot more immersive and fun then the PC."

There is a difference. For me there is nothing better then PC controls and porting a game to the Wii and get worse on online and controls feels like a very bad idé and it probably bomb like the PS3 version.

TF2 would be cool with the controls, and portal would be awesome with the motion controls, just aim with your little crosshair.

I know the Wii online capabilities arent fantastic, but atleast they put the effort in and added in a decent network.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina