By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Orange Box for the Wii?

Yojimbo said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

It's not that it'd fail. But the game didn't sell terribly well on the XBOX 360 and PS3 (I know it wasn't a good port). So why is it automatic that the game will sell excellent because it's on the Wii?

PS3 40k
XBOX 360 570k

I just wanted to know why the game would make lots of money being remade on the Wii. If a FPS doesn't sell on the XBOX 360 or the PS3, why would it sell on the Wii?
Because Wiimote is fun blablabla.....I'm going to vomit. It wont automaticly sell better on the Wii.

My other post about how the Wiimote is the most imersive FPS was the answer to his last question. Why Onimusha would want the orange box on the Wii. I mean, why else would you want it on the Wii if you already had a PC version?

Around the Network

Hope they don't do it though. They should be focusing on Left 4 Dead.

If they want a side team to port portal or something sure.

But focus on perfecting left for dead valve.

@ Yojimbo

LOL

@ radioioRobert

Do you know a few hundred thousand Wii owners that'd buy the game?

@ Kasz216

All I wanted to know is why it'd inherently sell on the Wii, and why not play the PC version if you have it in your house as that is the definitive version.

Wii can have the orange box for all I care.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Yojimbo

LOL

@ radioioRobert

@ Kasz216

All I wanted to know is why it'd inherently sell on the Wii, and why not play the PC version if you have it in your house as that is the definitive version.

Like I said. You'd likely want to play it on the Wii instead of the PC because the Wii controls are a lot more immersive and fun then the PC. As for why it would sell. I'd assume because the Wii lacks FPS... and Red Steel selling shows that there are plenty of Wii owners who want a FPS. I mean Red Steel sold 1 Mil with horrible reviews. I wouldn't say it was a definite thing though. More likely then not however... since unlike the 360 it doesn't have much in the way of competition. Of course they could always PS3 a port and screw it up. I don't want them to do it. As I'd rather have them make new games.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Maybe they just don't want to put it on the Wii? Plus Team Fortress 2 is an online game and the Wii's online is... well... you know what I mean. The graphics aren't great, but they'd have to send a whole development team to Wii-ize it (controls, graphics, etc.).

On a side-note: Can this please be the last "Why isn't Game X on the Wii" thread? If a game isn't on the Wii, don't start a petition or whatever, the game isn't on the system, get over it.

Agree

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

It wouldnt look nearly was good as the X360 and ps3 counter parts. But it would look just like the xbox game.

mM

@ Kasz216

How do you know the game would be "more immersive" on the Wii? Have you played Orange Box on the Wii?

Okay. Red Steel sold a million. You've said that. What other FPS have sold close to that on the Wii. And again, your refusing to see how it only sold 500k+ on the XBOX 360. If a game didn't sell a million on there, 'the FPS system', why would it sell close to that on the Wii?

Kasz216 said:
Hope they don't do it though. They should be focusing on Left 4 Dead.

If they want a side team to port portal or something sure.

But focus on perfecting left for dead valve.

I believe Turtle Rock Studios are the people making Left For Dead (they made Condition Zero).

Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Yojimbo

LOL

@ radioioRobert

@ Kasz216

Like I said. You'd likely want to play it on the Wii instead of the PC because the Wii controls are a lot more immersive and fun then the PC. As for why it would sell. I'd assume because the Wii lacks FPS... and Red Steel selling shows that there are plenty of Wii owners who want a FPS. I mean Red Steel sold 1 Mil with horrible reviews. I wouldn't say it was a definite thing though. More likely then not however... since unlike the 360 it doesn't have much in the way of competition. Of course they could always PS3 a port and screw it up. I don't want them to do it. As I'd rather have them make new games.

Meh, I hardly consider shaking the nunchuck, thrusting the wii-mote, and such being more fun than the keyboard and mouse.