By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Orange Box for the Wii?

@ Kasz216

I didn't say it wouldn't control as well, but the thinking that a game would make lots of money, solely because it's coming out on the Wii is wrong. And clearly shows his bias. And I just wanted to know what he meant by that.

Around the Network

....never seen valve put a game on a nintendo console.....i think....

I think EA may just hate money

@ Kasz216

I meant Valve. But he said does EA hate money in his first thread, I forgot that Valve developed it.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

I didn't say it wouldn't control as well, but the thinking that a game would make lots of money, solely because it's coming out on the Wii is wrong. And clearly shows his bias. And I just wanted to know what he meant by that.

I'd guess he assumes it'd sell well because currently the best FPS on the system is "Medal of Honor Heroes 2". While Orange Box is one of the best rated games of all time. That and a port would be relativly cheap. It would be very very shocking if it didn't make lots of money. I mean. If Nintendo released the Zelda game on the PS3 don't you think it'd make a lot of money? Or even Twighlight Princess? Orange Box is just a game of legendary proportions. Unless they hand it off to the same people who made the PS3 version i can't see how it could fail.

Around the Network

Portal Wii would be awesome.

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

@ Kasz216

It's not that it'd fail. But the game didn't sell terribly well on the XBOX 360 and PS3 (I know it wasn't a good port). So why is it automatic that the game will sell excellent because it's on the Wii?

PS3 40k
XBOX 360 570k

I just wanted to know why the game would make lots of money being remade on the Wii. If a FPS doesn't sell on the XBOX 360 or the PS3, why would it sell on the Wii?

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

It's not that it'd fail. But the game didn't sell terribly well on the XBOX 360 and PS3 (I know it wasn't a good port). So why is it automatic that the game will sell excellent because it's on the Wii?

PS3 40k
XBOX 360 570k

I just wanted to know why the game would make lots of money being remade on the Wii. If a FPS doesn't sell on the XBOX 360 or the PS3, why would it sell on the Wii?
Because Wiimote is fun blablabla.....I'm going to vomit. It wont automaticly sell better on the Wii.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

PS3 40k
XBOX 360 570k

570K likely did make valve a lot of money. I mean it was just a port afterall. It just needs to cover the cost of porting since the PC version likely covered all the other development costs many times over. A port would likely need to sell like... what... 300K to make a lot of money on the Wii? Considering how starved the Wii is for FPS it seems like it'd have a very good chance to surpass those numbers by a good margin. Red Steel sold a Million. If Red Steel can sell a million. Orange box can probably sell 300-500K. Medal of Honor heroes didn't sell... but it also received zero advertising.

It would make lots of money. Valve just favors 360. They were negative about the PS3 version as well.

Too bad, I know a lot of Wii owners who would buy this on release day, but if Valve doesn't want our money, I'll give it to those who do. And yes I could play this on something besides the Wii, I just prefer the Wii controllers.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709