By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Orange Box for the Wii?

ok sry couldn't resist, was just trying to piss you off. but ok shall we play a match off cod4 I want to totally destroy you.

Around the Network
Destroyer of knights said:
aren't you all right now derailing the thread and in essence trolling? o.0

So I'll bring it back.

If orange box was on wii, I just wonder if the game would be a clone of the PS3/360 version but obviously downgraded visually or would it end up being the gimped version with missing things.

hey?:P i know you

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

.... double

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ SleepWaking

No thank you, I don't really like that game (I know, I must be the only one).

kirby007 said:
Destroyer of knights said:
aren't you all right now derailing the thread and in essence trolling? o.0

So I'll bring it back.

If orange box was on wii, I just wonder if the game would be a clone of the PS3/360 version but obviously downgraded visually or would it end up being the gimped version with missing things.

hey?:P i know you

The only one that can answear that question is you.

Around the Network
Entroper said:

I realize he's banned, but I'll continue the discussion anyway: 

Destroyer_of_knights

On a side note, TEV is the older technology, Shaders is the newer technology  expecially since it's the industry standard and is now at model 3 for PS3/360 and most PC's, while the model 4 shaders are with the DX10 graphic cards which are becoming more comon,

Now here, he's starting to approach something that makes sense.  He's still missing what a "shader" is, but he's absolutely correct about Shader Model 3 being more advanced than the Gamecube's TEV.  But consider that the TEV's programmability is roughly on par with pixel shader 1.4, and the Xbox (not the 360) GPU is on par with pixel shader 1.1 (in fact it supports the ps1.1 standard).  No one would argue with me if I said the Xbox supported shaders.

You can say I'm picking nits by complaining about someone saying "doesn't support shaders" instead of "doesn't support shader model 3."  And you'd be right, if that was my point.  But my point is that people tend to use these things just to bash a platform without really knowing what they're talking about, and this is a clear example.

I'm not really a tech person so I can't be sure but if the wii's shader abilities is on par with pixel shader 1.4 and the 360 has pixel shader 3.0, wouldn't that make porting difficult and not really worth it because it would be such downgrade. I haven't seen the xbox version of half-life 2 but i'd imagine it couldn't have been that great.

DMeisterJ said:
@ SleepWaking

No thank you, I don't really like that game (I know, I must be the only one).

ehm LOL i agree...

^^ ??

cod 4 = shit, cod 2 = king

kirby007 said:
cod 4 = shit, cod 2 = king

Kirby, you really are a troll aren't ya. XD