By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii first party library vs PS3 first party library?

Wii first party library vs PS3 first party library?

PS3 1st party library 175 46.05%

Wii 1st party library 178 46.84%

Both 17 4.47%

Xbox 360 1st party library (vote me) 9 2.37%

Total:379

None of the above. I choose the Zeebo Entertainment System

1. Zeeboids

2. Gameloft Collection

3. Boutros' mom XXX

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Rpruett said:
RolStoppable said:

6. Sony (this is the category you don't want to win)

I mean I know it's all opinion but I actually agreed with your list until 6.  Surely even you don't believe this.  The Wii is the poster child for shovelware games (Especially from third parties) hardcore Nintendo zealots would even say this.

This thread is specifically about first party libraries and I am quite sure that Sony has released more stinkers this generation.

I get what you are saying, but a stinker from Sony gets the same scores as a great game on the Wii, see NSMB Wii vs GT5 scores. How do we seperate them. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
RolStoppable said:
Rpruett said:
RolStoppable said:

6. Sony (this is the category you don't want to win)

I mean I know it's all opinion but I actually agreed with your list until 6.  Surely even you don't believe this.  The Wii is the poster child for shovelware games (Especially from third parties) hardcore Nintendo zealots would even say this.

This thread is specifically about first party libraries and I am quite sure that Sony has released more stinkers this generation.

I get what you are saying, but a stinker from Sony gets the same scores as a great game on the Wii, see NSMB Wii vs GT5 scores. How do we seperate them. 

I'm guessing he means move games, thats thte only way I can see this working...even remotely.

patapon said:

None of the above. I choose the Zeebo Entertainment System

1. Zeeboids

2. Super Rock Boy

3. Boutros' mom XXX

I already told you I have two dads. Yes the one you banged was a dude.

For me the PS3 wins without a shadow of a doubt. Nintendo has abandoned my taste of games this generation. I'm still praying for the two games that will save the Wii for me though.

Around the Network

Ha! How is this even a question? Wii obviously.. Nobody is near Nintendo in quality, except Blizzard, and maybe Bethesda. Sorry, it's just the truth :P

Sony games are alright, don't get me wrong. But I generally find them to be boring, and they rely too much on cinematics for my taste.

RolStoppable said:
NYANKS said:
psrock said:
RolStoppable said:

I'm guessing he means move games, thats thte only way I can see this working...even remotely.

If we are going to call GT5 a stinker we are going to get nowhere with this. I edited my previous post with the Metacritic count for first party games that scored under 50 and it's three for the Wii and five for the PS3 (three of these are pre-Move).

I am not calling it a stinker at all, people were saying it got poor reviews when it had an 84 in Meta. It's very hard to compare because Nintendo fans love Nintendo games no matter what. No company focuses on gameplay like Nintendo thus the reason even the bad games are playable. 

But Sony has passed them this Gen in terms of games for the PS3, Sony just has too many studios, and has put 90% of their support on the PS3 while Nintendo had to fully support both Wii and DS. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Sony, for me, the diversity is too much, you want FPS, covered. 2d platforms and 3d covered, racing? arcade, SIM, kart, all covered. little quirky PSN games? covered, hell they even got some wii like games with Move now. To be fair they dont have a smash bros. or Zelda equilavent or anything close really. Ninty games are fine but i can only save princesses for so many years before i get bored.

Well, I'd choose Retro Studios over Sony's entire 1st party division personally.

Using those attributes I'd say Wii has the better 1st party offering. PS3 wins in critical reception and graphic but that's about it.

1. Metroid Prime 3

2. Super Mario Galaxy

3. Twilight Princess

RolStoppable said:

3. Graphics: Sony; controls: Nintendo

3.) This is debatable. Sure, the ps3 may have extremely realistic graphics, but artstyle is more important to me, when determining which has better graphics, although it is pretty much an accepted fact that the ps3 is capable of more, if that is what you are referring to. Also, for controls, I disagree. In fact,I recall Gamespot and other reviewers always complain more about the control of the games of nintendo, not the graphics(most recently being DKCR).  I know there were other games they complained about in regards to their control, and if you want me to, I will try to find the links. If you are talking about the technology itself, it seems the ps3 has the wii  beat based on their motion controls(and traditional controls), although the wii has implemented these motion controls better despite having an inferior controller(or so I am told).

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius