By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii first party library vs PS3 first party library?

Wii first party library vs PS3 first party library?

PS3 1st party library 175 46.05%

Wii 1st party library 178 46.84%

Both 17 4.47%

Xbox 360 1st party library (vote me) 9 2.37%

Total:379
CGI-Quality said:

First-party developer In the video game industry, a first-party developer is a developer who is part of a company that actually manufactures a video game console. First-party developers may either use the name of the company itself (like Nintendo), or have a specific division name (like Sony's 989 Studios or Nintendo's Retro Studios). Unlike second-party developers, however, the first-party developer is considered part of the manufacturer, not a separate entity, and are wholly-owned by the console manufacturer.

There is no definition of a 1st party IP, so IPs owned by a specific company have always been called 1st party, no matter who develops it.

Congrats, that definition just goes to show beyond a shadow of a doubt that Media Molecule and Sucker Punch are not first party 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:

Well, before I even answer I have to say PS3 will be first

EDIT**

What a surprise

At any rate, I have to say Wii, for it contains such great games as:

-Super Mario Galaxy (1 and 2)

-Donkey Kong Country Returns

-MEtroid Prime Trilogy

Nintendo have really raised the bar by releasing games for everyone, such as FPS, TPS, Action Adventure, Action, Platformers, Racers, Puzzle, Strategy etc. So yeah

What good tps games have they released? Just wondering...

Well, they've released Sin and Punishment and Metroid:Other M, for example...there's more but I can't remember them now

Those are not tps games. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

CGI-Quality said:

Ghostbusters the video game is not owned by Sony (which has already been clarified in this thread), but Atari. So no. The Ghostbusters movie is owned by Sony Pictures, completely different.

As far as dicussing this with me, you're being just as stubborn. I'm willing to drop it though, but I stand by my end and anyone adding inFAMOUS and LBP to their lists are fine.

The overrall Ghostbuster's IP is owned by Sony. Who then licensed it out to Atari way back when, and then Terminal Velocity(?). 

If Atari owned the videogame then why was Activision supposed to be publishing it? 

I'm not being stubborn, I'm just tired of repeating myself, and being misquoted.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
TT Makaveli said:

PS3...first of all cause im a fanboy and second of all because i like change...

You cite change for one of the reasons why you like the PS3 more... even though it's used the same controller for the last 3 gens..? 

i thought we talked about games...not controller-designs...sry my bad -.-

"BUMP"

lol

User has been moderated for this post. Don't necrobump old threads without good reason and permission.

Around the Network

Somebody boo this man...

Necrobumped thread. Locking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I may be the only one thinking this but still I think PS2 first party lineup was better than PS3's