By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much more would have Killzone 3 sold on the 360? (Lifetime)

How much more would have Killzone 3 sold on the 360? (Lifetime)

Less than PS3 version 36 20.57%

1 million more 21 12.00%

1.5 million more 24 13.71%

2 million more 15 8.57%

3 million more 79 45.14%

Total:175
CGI-Quality said:
makingmusic476 said:

Would it really sell more on 360?  You're looking at a franchise that has been exclusive to Sony systems for all four of its existing installments, two of which have been exclusive to PS3.  Any franchise with a history like that would probably sell more on its original platform even if it were released on other platforms, regardless of genre.  Games like Call of Duty perform somewhat closely on both platforms as it is.

Indeed. It would be a very Final Fantasy-esque scenario, where it would always do better on PlayStation.

Well, Final Fantasy spans generations and has the advantage of Japan.

I'm sure that, given enough time, the Killzone franchise could start selling better on other platforms should it go multiplat. However, it would probably take a number of iterations and probably a generational leap to do so.

Around the Network

I cant believe people are still saying it could sell better on the 360. No game proves this theory. Halo and CoD are on a whole different level and if one was exclusive to the Ps3 you would see the user base quickly shift to the ps3 and those games could easily sell as much as they did on the 360... That doesnt mean that Killzone would sell better since those games are selling bucket loads on the ps3.... the closest non cod or halo fps shooter on the 360 (which was exclusive) only sold 500k more.

makingmusic476 said:
CGI-Quality said:
makingmusic476 said:

Would it really sell more on 360?  You're looking at a franchise that has been exclusive to Sony systems for all four of its existing installments, two of which have been exclusive to PS3.  Any franchise with a history like that would probably sell more on its original platform even if it were released on other platforms, regardless of genre.  Games like Call of Duty perform somewhat closely on both platforms as it is.

Indeed. It would be a very Final Fantasy-esque scenario, where it would always do better on PlayStation.

Well, Final Fantasy spans generations and has the advantage of Japan.

I'm sure that, given enough time, the Killzone franchise could start selling better on other platforms should it go multiplat. However, it would probably take a number of iterations and probably a generational leap to do so.

I don't see Killzone going multiplat. Hopefully it should sell better the next time around.

0. It is impossible to make for the 360 just like most other ps3 exclusives

dsage01 said:
osamanobama said:

it would sell 9 million. no joke

your poll needs more options

9 million!!! That's like less than 1-2 million what Reach would sell LT!! Despite the fact that Reach came in Septemer and Killzone coming in Feb! I doubt it could outsell games like Uncharted 3, MGS 4 and all the Gears series.

I would not sell 9 million but close to 6 millions. It's a FPS on the X360 and with Microsoft marketing, that would make a lot of sell. I would not have Halo like sale but definitely Gears of War like sale

Around the Network
jhuff394 said:

I apologize for getting rattled, its been a tough day...but it does bother me when people claim they are equal... which you must admit your statement sounded like.

:)

No worries man I understand the stress of those bad days! and yes I agree my first statement against dsage01 did kind of sound like that but I further expounded what I meant when CGI quoted me.

impossible. the share size alone is to great for it to be ported over. thats 1 reason

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I would say it would sell about exactly the same on 360 - higher userbase of shooter fans is balanced by more competition and the fact that it would not start with an established fanbase.

Voted less than, because it selling 1 less copy is more likely than it selling a million more copies

I don't think it would have sold better at all, maybe even worse. Part of it's strength is that it's an exclusive PS3 game, and MS consoles have plenty of shooters. This game will never be COD, a Halo or even a Gears of War. It just doesn't have that X factor that makes a game a huge seller. Graphics don't matter, Crysis has proven this.

I have also NEVER EVER heard a single Xbox fan say something along the lines of "I wish Killzone wasn't exclusive". There is just no interest.

PearlJam said:

I don't think it would have sold better at all, maybe even worse. Part of it's strength is that it's an exclusive PS3 game, and MS consoles have plenty of shooters. This game will never be COD, a Halo or even a Gears of War. It just doesn't have that X factor that makes a game a huge seller. Graphics don't matter, Crysis has proven this.

I have also NEVER EVER heard a single Xbox fan say something along the lines of "I wish Killzone wasn't exclusive". There is just no interest.

I never heard a sing ps fan say they wish halo wasnt exclusive.