By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much more would have Killzone 3 sold on the 360? (Lifetime)

How much more would have Killzone 3 sold on the 360? (Lifetime)

Less than PS3 version 36 20.57%

1 million more 21 12.00%

1.5 million more 24 13.71%

2 million more 15 8.57%

3 million more 79 45.14%

Total:175

Very pointless thread. There is no evidence to support that it would sell more

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

Very pointless thread. There is no evidence to support that it would sell more

in fact...

Killzone 2 (PS3)

Release Date: 27th Feb 09
Published by: Sony Computer Entertainment
Screenshots | Cheats

Critic Score
User Score
Total Sales
Left 4 Dead 2 (X360)

Release Date: 17th Nov 09
Published by: Electronic Arts
Screenshots | Cheats

Critic Score
User Score
Total Sales
Left 4 Dead (X360)

Release Date: 17th Nov 08
Screenshots | Cheats

Critic Score
User Score
Total Sales
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (X360)

Release Date: 02nd Mar 10
Screenshots | Cheats

Critic Score
User Score
Total Sales
according to this it would have sold less than 500k more(if at all)

dsage01 said:

How much do you think Killzone 3 would have sold LT on the 360? I think it would have sold around 1.5-2million more on the 360 than PS3 LT. The Xbox 360 is known as the shooter box and Sci-Fi shooters sell well on the 360. My prediction the PS3 version will sell about 4 million and the 360 version could sell 5.5-6 million (Provided it has good legs). But there is no doubt that the PS3 version will look much more better than the 360 version.

I thought we were over this...the 360 is capable of anything the PS3 can do graphically right now >_>

OT: With good marketing it probably would have sold 1 million more maybe.

radiantshadow92 said:

Porbably like 2-3 million more lifetime

CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:

The 360 is capable of anything the PS3 can do graphically right now >_>

Not exactly, but the results will be closer than many make it out.The PS3 is capable of doing things the 360 isn't, and is also a more powerful machine, but the differences aren't that big. Pure calculations/number-crunching, the PS3 can run laps around the 360. However, the 360 has stronger areas as well, such as mip mapping capabilities and anti-aliasing due to the stronger GPU. It's also a better equipped machine for code (networking), which is why (on a technical side) Xbox LIVE will probably always be one step ahead of PSN (even if PSN offers more before all is said and done).

OT: Maybe a million or so more, nothing extraordinary. Since there's no way of knowing (and no, the 360 being stronger in America doesn't mean Killzone 3 would suddenly be a monster seller on it), all anyone in this thread can (and will) do is speculate.

I should have clarified what I meant. First off I do agree with your points and believe that when this generation comes to an end the PS3 will have a step up in graphics from anything the 360 could do. But my point was dsage01 basically said KZ3 would have worse graphics on the 360 and thats not true because at this point in time the 360 is capable of having as good as graphics as the PS3 because 1: neither the 360 or the PS3 have reached their potential and 2: Crysis 2 proves that the 360 can have as good as graphics as the PS3 currently does (BTW I know as a whole Crysis 2 isn't quite as good as the best PS3 games but at its best its as good as any game on the PS3.

Around the Network

indeed

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

YO JOHN ....Um buddy yeah we have been over this... Im in computer engineering i specialize in hardware and graphical technology...

I PROMISE YOU THE 360 IS NOT EQUIVILENT IN GRAPHICAL PROWESS... god i cant believe people still say that..

PS3 CAN PERFORM 3 times the amount of graphical computations per second as xbox... ITS ALL ABOUT THE DEVELOPERS BEING ABLE TO USE THE PS3 PROPERLY WHICH STILL HAS A WAYS TO GO..

Most people dont even know that the cell is still stronger than THE I7 as far as calculations per second.... get ur shit straight.

You may be confused because 360 gpu has a bit more flexibility and I will give it the edge... but WE LOOK AT THE SYSTEMS AS A WHOLE.

If youd like to learn more IGN did a decent comparison.. not very indepth tho

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Would it really sell more on 360?  You're looking at a franchise that has been exclusive to Sony systems for all four of its existing installments, two of which have been exclusive to PS3.  Any franchise with a history like that would probably sell more on its original platform even if it were released on other platforms, regardless of genre.  Games like Call of Duty perform somewhat closely on both platforms as it is.

jhuff394 said:

YO JOHN ....Um buddy yeah we have been over this... Im in computer engineering i specialize in hardware and graphical technology...

I PROMISE YOU THE 360 IS NOT EQUIVILENT IN GRAPHICAL PROWESS... god i cant believe people still say that..

PS3 CAN PERFORM 3 times the amount of graphical computations per second as xbox... ITS ALL ABOUT THE DEVELOPERS BEING ABLE TO USE THE PS3 PROPERLY WHICH STILL HAS A WAYS TO GO..

Most people dont even know that the cell is still stronger than THE I7 as far as calculations per second.... get ur shit straight.

You may be confused because 360 gpu has a bit more flexibility and I will give it the edge... but WE LOOK AT THE SYSTEMS AS A WHOLE.

If youd like to learn more IGN did a decent comparison.. not very indepth tho

http://gear.ign.com/articles/111/1116182p1.html

>_>   You didn't read what I said because I never claimed that the 360 could always do what the PS3 can do at its max which you assumed I meant.

Oh and settle your tits down!

I apologize for getting rattled, its been a tough day...but it does bother me when people claim they are equal... which you must admit your statement sounded like.

:)

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???