By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - For Those Who Were Worried About UC's sales.... 12/22 Retail Observations

hunter_alien said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
I've got pictures so you all don't think I am BSing about the crazy Wii sales- I will enter them into the original message in a little while.

OMFG !!!!!!!! NEWS : THE PSP IS BEATING THE DS IN ROMANIA !!!!!!!!

But than who cares ... LTD neither will sell more than 50-100k here , thats a week in Japan , and not even a stellar week for neither . Just going to one place and take a couple of shots means nothing ... Often just going to one country doesnt means nothing either . If we look just at Italy , than the Wii is doomed ... if we look at Japan , than the 360 is dead , and if we look at New-Zeland , than the PS family is still king by far ...

True... but honestly... looking at one American cities stores is actually more relveant to world wide sales then looking at an entire europeon countries stores like Romania. Because American cities often are used as representative samples for all of America. For example, test markets or college level research studies. While you couldn't use Italy to estimate the sales of europe. For a comparison. The Source gets his peliminary sales numbers by extrapolating from 1 store. He gets amazingly close for all of japan, with just 1 store. Of course without a formula like that this is just mildly interesting and somewhat useful. But in a lot of ways... still more usefull then looking at a market in a country that has little relevance.

Around the Network

sorry but comparing the US to Romania or Italy is not very good... I would not be shocked if my city sold me video games in 1 year than Romania...

edit- Kasz said it better : )

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:

sorry but comparing the US to Romania or Italy is not very good... I would not be shocked if my city sold me video games in 1 year than Romania...

Nah Romania probably sells way more games then Orlando. It's more a matter of statistical sampling though and getting the most reach with your data. Having less data but more reach is better then having more data but just for a very specific small market. Then again maybe not. Still you get my point.

anyone want to explain what UC stands for? I thought it meant uncharted but that makes no sense.

one more thing about orlando is that it is VERY diverse, it is not uncommon to walk down the street and hearing people French, and then another person German, then Spanish... it is crazy diverse here, probably one of the best places to do a sample.

psn- tokila

Around the Network

Resident Evil: Umbrella Cronicles (spelling)

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:

I was comparing it with a US city , not the entire USA . But a big city in the US deffinatly sells more games than Romania , where a game sells overall 3k copys ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

tokilamockingbrd, where in orlando do you live? I go to UCF so I live 2 minutes from the school.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

winter garden/ windemere area

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:

Wii Pic 1-

Wii Pic 2-

360 Pic 1

360 Pic 2

To have it so the last third of the picture isn't cut off, first click on the picture, then the "insert/edit image" icon, and then set the dimensions to 99% (yes add a %) and delete the part after the X.