By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

PS3 power (game graphics, cell etc) 151 27.06%

Xbox Live 144 25.81%

Wii (console) 114 20.43%

Other 115 20.61%

#1 and #3 11 1.97%

#1 and #2 22 3.94%

Total:557
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

Ah, but the number of people who'd buy a console primarily for Mario and Zelda likely heavily outweigh those people who buy a console just for GTA and COD...

This thread has gotten stupid.

Where is your evidence?

All those I said before

I'm sorry, but I fail to see a single shred of evidence for your claims anywhere.

Mario&Zelda have sold 43m on Wii and CoD&GTA IV have sold almost 100m on 360/ps3 wii. That is more than double the sales! That would suggest that more people have bought consoles for CoD&GTA than for mario/zelda.

Around the Network
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

Ah, but the number of people who'd buy a console primarily for Mario and Zelda likely heavily outweigh those people who buy a console just for GTA and COD...

Where is your evidence?

All those I said before

I'm sorry, but I fail to see a single shred of evidence for your claims anywhere.

Mario&Zelda have sold 43m on Wii and CoD&GTA IV have sold almost 100m on 360/ps3 wii. That is more than double the sales! That would suggest that more people have bought consoles for CoD&GTA than for mario/zelda.

I think we've seperated from the truth/point of the thread here. I believe my original point was that I found GTA IV and COD the most overrated thing this gen. You asked for evidence of an opinion, which is hard, and I gave you Metacritic and overall appeal, as well as personal experience.

Nowhere should sales have come in. I give up now

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

Where is your evidence?

All those I said before

I think we've seperated from the truth/point of the thread here. I believe my original point was that I found GTA IV and COD the most overrated thing this gen. You asked for evidence of an opinion, which is hard, and I gave you Metacritic and overall appeal, as well as personal experience.

On the post I quoted, you claimed that more people bought consoles for mario/zelda than cod/gta.

And also in your original post, you mentioned sales numbers. Metacritic has SMG&GTA pretty much even and so are Zelda&CoD. What is that overall appeal? The vote on this one site where you get banned if you don't like nintendo? Nice!

Your personal experience is about as valid evidence as toiletpaper.

Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

Where is your evidence?

All those I said before

On the post I quoted, you claimed that more people bought consoles for mario/zelda than cod/gta.

And also in your original post, you mentioned sales numbers. Metacritic has SMG&GTA pretty much even and so are Zelda&CoD. What is that overall appeal? The vote on this one site where you get banned if you don't like nintendo? Nice!

Your personal experience is about as valid evidence as toiletpaper.

This debate is kind of silly. What one thinks is overrated or not is a matter of opinion, so evidence isn't all that relevant anyway.

Let's say Mario and Zelda are just as overrated as GTA and COD (I like all 4 of them myself).

@conegamer  i dont know what that anatubus is getting at, my only issue was when you stated that GTA and COD shouldnt be placed up their with Mario & Zelda like they are some kind of holy grail, if thats your opinion cool but dont pass it on as fact. I know just as much people who play COD and GTA and wouldnt go near Zelda or Mario. just preferance.

@chizrum i like your attitude

@raze damn right Bully is the best game they made, i would put Warriors up there too, they should stop that GTA crap and give us Bully 2. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@conegamer  i dont know what that anatubus is getting at, my only issue was when you stated that GTA and COD shouldnt be placed up their with Mario & Zelda like they are some kind of holy grail, if thats your opinion cool but dont pass it on as fact. I know just as much people who play COD and GTA and wouldnt go near Zelda or Mario. just preferance.

@chizrum i like your attitude

@raze damn right Bully is the best game they made, i would put Warriors up there too, they should stop that GTA crap and give us Bully 2. 

Hell yea! Now you're talkin!!

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:
dsage01 said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:

Probably COD and GTAIV. They're average at best, why do they sell 10million copies AND also some of the highest rated games of all time? How? They don't deserve to be up there with Zelda and Mario Galaxy, no way

Yes, they do. That's my opinion anyway :P and you can keep yours.

There way above Mario Galaxy and Zelda in sales. But around the same metacritic. 

COD I can give you, especially Modern Warfare 1, but GTA 4, no.  Even diehard GTA fans hated this game after a week of playing it. In honesty, Rockstar's best game made yet was Bully.

I suggest you play Read Dead redemption than

Review scores above all else.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I will go with the motion controls here.  The motion controls themselves aren't so bad, but that software that supports them have been very lackluster on all three consoles so far.

Also, gameplay vs. graphics arguments.  People act like they are mutually exclusive, which is far from the truth.  Some titles like Uncharted or Heavy Rain do rely on the graphics for the amazing gameplay.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Charley sheen.