By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

PS3 power (game graphics, cell etc) 151 27.06%

Xbox Live 144 25.81%

Wii (console) 114 20.43%

Other 115 20.61%

#1 and #3 11 1.97%

#1 and #2 22 3.94%

Total:557

Nintendo 1st party games.

Around the Network

People giving absolute opinions on things they have obviously not experienced.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

What is Blue-ray?

Also Call of Duty

Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

Probably COD and GTAIV. They're average at best, why do they sell 10million copies AND also some of the highest rated games of all time? How? They don't deserve to be up there with Zelda and Mario Galaxy, no way

Pfft. Zelda and mario does not deserve to be up there with CoD and GTA IV.

Zelda, brawl and SMG are probably the most overrated games ever. They are average at best.

Evidence?

Where is your "evidence"?

The fact that those games dominated the best games of all time which Smeags created, the fact theat they're regarded as utter classics, the fact that I've played them all and loved them, the fact that many different gaming genres evolved from these franchises, and the fact that many people buy Nintendo consoles just to play these games, amongst many, many others.

Read what Gnac said. Where's your evidence then?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I think opinions are overrated.

Edit:

What Gnac said as well, but I guess it would hurt some people's feelings if they had to play every Nintendo game to get permission to hate their entire library.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

I think opinions are overrated.

Edit:

What Gnac said as well, but I guess it would hurt some people's feelings if they had to play every Nintendo game to get permission to hate their entire library.

Right. Must we really be chastised to say that we do not understand the appeal of games we have never played? This isn't an issue of hate necessarily, but of saying the games are overrated, which is a simple way of saying games you don't "get." And how could we be expected to spend money on things we already have a poor impression of?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Epic Games

@conegamer  and you dont think people buy the certain consoles just to play COD and GTA??? cause you would be dead wrong. i know a few people who bought 360 just to play GTAs and CODs hell i know a guy who bought PSP just for Liberty city stories, i wouldnt say anything evolved from Mario Galaxy games or Smash bros. Zelda i can see. But thats ignoring that GTA and COD have done the same. GTA damn near created the whole 3d open world thing. COD is one of the main reasons why the HDs are flooded with  FPSs. and just because you dont enjoy them doesnt mean millions of other people dont, just like millions of people enjoy Mario, etc. I mean really this whole "evidence" is silly, you dont need evidence to back up your opinion, saying you dont like a game and giving reasons why should be enough

I would say Mass Effect 2 if it had scored a 111/100 but it didn't so I won't.

milkyjoe said:

Trolling is overrated. It's not funny to act like an annoying dick, when acting in such a way in person would result in physical retribution (as such, 99.9% of internet trolls are cowards).

lol so true.