By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Slimebeast said:
Conegamer said:
Slimebeast said:

From what Ive seen im disappointed with the graphics. Just watched those Pilotwings Resort videos on Gametrailers and it doesn't look much better than Pilotwings N64.

You know, to say that the top one is on a screen roughtly a fifth, it not, much smaller, than the bottom one, and in 3D...

Oh to hell with it, the only reason you aren't getting a 3DS, based on this evidence, is because you're blind

Now what's this?

Are you saying the top screen is better than the bottom one? No is isnt, there's much more detail in the bottom one.

No silly, the top one is better because it's streched out in that photo

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Sheeplord said:
Conegamer said:

Nintendo have once again raised the bar when it comes to how we game, and after playing with the 3DS, you have to wonder how you were evr sketical about it. Yes, it may not be perfect. Yes, the launch line-up isn't the best ever. And it may be a bit pricey. But there's no denying that it's fun to play, and that's the most important thing. The graphics are a definte step up from the DS series, and other features like AR and Street Pass have almost limitless possibilites. It's clear Nintendo listened to criticisms of their consoles from the last gen, and to silence naysayers they've gone and created one of, no,  THE best handheld gaming device of all time.

Seeing really is believeing.

A good review, Cone, but I feel it impertinent to hi-light this segment. You claim that Nintendo have raised the bar as to how we game but this implies that an addition of 3D has any effect on how we game. It doesn't. Like much of what Nintendo has done over the past few years, it is gimmicky. That's not to say it's bad nor that nintendo is bad but it is to say that that's all Touch Screens, Motion Sensors, etc, etc are: Gimmicks.
It's been emulated and performed by other companies too. And yes, the majority DOES affect how games are played but does it neccessarily create immersion? No. Perhaps it would help were these items not whored out but that's economics. Fact is, Street Pass: Already been done, Spot Pass: Also, already been done. AR, sure - a little different but honestly? I see little in it.
But I honestly don't see much use in these concepts generally (And Cone will attest this (I'm a BIG hater on most things)) when they don't get put to proper employment. Sadly, game producers don't do this. Apart from those accociated with the console producers.  All it does is make gaming accessable to a mainstream party (The public as opposed to nerds) at the cost of reduction in quality.
Granted, yes, the 3D IS awesome. It just won't matter unless this handheld, producers are kicked up the collective metaphoric arse until quality gets to what it was.

Good point there.

But surely, if that's the case, every evolution is a 'gimmick' then? Surely anologue sticks were 'gimmicks' when they were first released? As was 3D (you know, 3D) etc. etc. 

The truth the matter is, it could go one of two ways;

• Software is supported and the 3D is intergrated andused to great effect to enhance the experience to the point where not having the 3D would be out of the norm
  • Software does not utilise the 3D, and the novelty wears off
If it follows the bottom route, then the 3D will be esignated a gimmick, like Kinect and motion controls (FTMP). If it follows the top path, it will be intergrated into future consoles, and will become a mainstay (like analogue sticks, touch screens etc.)
It's WAAAY too early to judge what will happen. Come back in a few months time (which will likely be nxt time you visit the site ) and we'll see what happens at E3

So far, this is Nintendo's best system launch by far. Nintendo always seems to excell in the handheld field around launch, although the Wii had a lot of interesting features and games at launch too.

I can't really give it a number, but the system is the nicest Nintendo has ever released.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Isnt street pass similar to what was already in Nintendo Dogs on the DS? I dont recall it really doing anything big.

Jumpin said:

So far, this is Nintendo's best system launch by far. Nintendo always seems to excell in the handheld field around launch, although the Wii had a lot of interesting features and games at launch too.

I can't really give it a number, but the system is the nicest Nintendo has ever released.

No sorry until they another system has a commercial much like this but better, it cant compare

Yea a robot with a Nintendo Power powered lazer finger beat that!

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
Jumpin said:

No sorry until they another system has a commercial much like this but better, it cant compare

Yea a robot with a Nintendo Power powered lazer finger beat that!

That is simply too awesome for my mind to comprehend

I just got a 3DS and I ask, what´s the benefit of using the charging cradle instead of only using the AC adapter?...does the system charge faster when it´s using the cradle?