Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

no 143 28.77%

yes 189 38.03%

no, but best xbox game 165 33.20%

Total:497

Yes its the best looking console game for now. There are somethings that don't look very good as well not saying its perfect, but Imo It does many things other console games don't do. Sometimes its mind blowing that its running on my 360. Killzone 3 disapointed me graphically. Crysis 2 is the new king.

Around the Network

62% on this poll are saying it's not the best on ALL consoles overall

37 are saying yes.

Out of the reviews I've seen,
20-30% are claiming it to be the best of the best.

^SEE THE PATTERN? We should make a similar poll when Uncharted 3 and even Gears 3 arrives.

It is not the king to me for the reasons =
Animations, facial animations, character models, flat textures at some parts, nothing amazing about the MP graphics (6v6 there too..) and a lot of performance problems which is noticeable.

The linear games like Uncharted 2 & KZ3, I dare say, shine in all of that. Animations, facial animations, character models, MP graphics, not really any performance problems. They just do it all so good and it still is more pleasing to my eyes. Thus, Crysis 2 isn't a graphic king to me. I quite honestly think Gears of War 2 could be on par with it.

yes Crysis 2 is the best looking game on consoles

HOW CAN YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING CONSOLE GAME LMAO

You guys hyped the graphics up for this game SOO MUCH that I went out and bought it.... but as I figured I was sadly dissapointed to see this game clearly sitting below my other recent purchase KILLZONE 3...

lol I cant see where you guys are coming up with this game beating out either killzone 3 or uncharted 2....

After that... sure Crysis 2 holds its place....

By the way.. only vote if you have both consoles... half these 360 guys have never seen a ps3 exclusive in action and desperately want to claim their console can produce the best graphics.....

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

You know, for a game with this much hype, it would be a disappointement for it not to have better graphics than killzone 3/uncharted 2 after coming 1 and 1/2 years after the latter. The fact that it only barely beats the UC2/KZ3 in SOME parts of the game speaks a lot for the PS3 exclusives themselves after such a long time.

Around the Network
jhuff394 said:

You guys hyped the graphics up for this game SOO MUCH that I went out and bought it.... but as I figured I was sadly dissapointed to see this game clearly sitting below my other recent purchase KILLZONE 3...

lol I cant see where you guys are coming up with this game beating out either killzone 3 or uncharted 2....

By the way.. only vote if you have both consoles... half these 360 guys have never seen a ps3 exclusive in action and desperately want to claim their console can produce the best graphics.....

yeah thats unfortunate that nearly all xbox owners are doing that. but i dont think you need to own both consoles, just that you must have played/owned the other games for a substantial amount of time

people like Nsanity never even touched KZ, or Uncharted, or GOW. but then go out claiming crysis is the best, completely ignoring DF and LOT, and only looking to youtube videos and ign. i wish there was a way to limit it to people who own all of them.

It looks really good, but I just can't vote 'yes' when the frame rate is that problematic. Automatic loss imo.

I would love to answer, but then I lost my last pair of fucken contacts. When I get more I can compare it to killzone 3 and all the other supposed graphics kings with my ps3 copy.

osamanobama said:
Nsanity said:

if only it looked that good all the time.

to bad it doesnt, it would surely be the best

Killzone 3 looks already similar to that...

jhuff394 said:

I coulldn't agree mmore with the "only vote if you have both" part.  It goes both ways, though.  If only there were some way to register PSN ID's and Gamertags to weed out tose with hidden agendas.  Until then, I take polls like this with a grain of salt.

mZuzek loves to pre-order