By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

no 143 28.77%

yes 189 38.03%

no, but best xbox game 165 33.20%

Total:497

Everyone needs to see this video. /thread

Around the Network

I spent a few hours last night over at my brothers playing Crysis 2 before deciding not to buy it til after the summer. I mean I think its the best FPS I've played in a long time, much better than COD and KZ3 but its definitley not the best looking Consol game made yet. It looks better in a few parts but there's also parts that look rather bad. Also man does the framerate drop a lot in this game and whats with the few second freezes every few minutes.  Is this the game trying to load or something. Would installing on the Xbox get rid of the freezing??

d21lewis said:

I see people putting down Crysis 2 because at times, there's texture pop-in, frame rate drops, and such.  I've even seen a post where a pic of Crysis was shown and someone said, "Yeah it looks good.  If it looked that good all the time, it would be the best looking game, ever."

Isn't that how we've always done it?  Show a pic of the submarine in Uncharted and claim it's the best of all time?  Now, all of a sudden texture pop-in (which almost all of the powerhouses have) and such are such a big deal? 

I don't think anyone is saying the other powerhouses don't have their problems, but how many of them become almost unplayable at times?

The pop-in is also quite evident from watching videos, and is perhaps a little distracting while playing. I saw a dustbin pop up into view suddenly in one video only about 15 feet from the character.

Posters do mention performance, and if they don't, well they should. A static shot of the game doesn't prove all that much, everything changes when a game kicks into motion. And with all the bullshots devs release these days, it's hard to take pics as the genuine article.

Wow I really didnt expect 42% of VGC to vote yes.

After playing for 6 hours straight last night from the midnight launch, it is definately technically the best.

Everything is pure realtime. Because of this it does lead to times where the game just looks great. But the majority of time it looks phenominal. The size of the areas together with the onscreen action and the realtime stuff is a beauty to hold.

Ive just got past the wall street church and so far Ive seen stuff I'd never thought I'd see from any game on consoles this gen.

Well done Crytek. Polls everywhere are crowning you king. You have done a fantastic job.

And I'm told I have even better gobsmacking stuff to come.

Now I wonder if Gears 3 or UC3 can take the crown back????????

Or will Codename Kingdoms bury any chance other devs have of catching Crytek on consoles.

It's the king, judging by what I've played and what the polls are saying.

Around the Network

No, Its not.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

damefan said:

Everyone needs to see this video. /thread

If there was a thumbs up button for comments, I'd give this a thumbs up.  Fucking awesome.

no 36 27.91%

yes 50 38.76%

no, but best xbox game 43 33.33%

I guess people don't know how to read a poll. Look at it carefully. The question of the poll is "Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?"

Now, look at the options, there are 2 options that are saying No(1-No. 2-No, but best Xbox game) and only one saying Yes.

You people fail to realize that most of the voters chose No and the Yes option is losing and the worst thing is that you're saying the poll proves that it is the best looking game.

1) A poll won't prove anything in this case.

2) The yes option is losing, so even if the poll could prove that it is the best looking game on consoles, it's actually proving it isn't.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

kowenicki said:

another thread... great.

Best looking FPS on consoles - YES.

thats not the question.

the question is is it the best looking GAME on console.

nothing about FPS. (even then its not the best, its cant mantain a decent frame rate, has pop in, and is sub HD)

but still an amazing looking game nonetheless

No. That honour goes to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time oh wait...

Yeah, you guys are a bunch of graphics whores.