By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Guild Wars 2 preview - The Uncharted 2 of MMOs?

It really is the Uncharted of MMO lol!

Around the Network
mibuokami said:

Haha, yeah! Although I don't think Uncharted ever had nightvision, so it doesn't hold up, sorry.

Rainbird said:
mibuokami said:

Haha, yeah! Although I don't think Uncharted ever had nightvision, so it doesn't hold up, sorry.

How do you know if the bad guy in Uncharted didn't have it? For all you know all the elite commandos have them, they just don't put it on because they're too cool. :P

mibuokami said:
Rainbird said:
mibuokami said:

How do you know if the bad guy in Uncharted didn't have it? For all you know all the elite commandos have them, they just don't put it on because they're too cool. :P

I still think it's totally unrealistic.

That commando vid was pure awesome and completely left field, I had no idea theyd throw in a class like this!  This game is going to dominate my life, Ive accepted my fate.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
qmoney88 said:

That commando vid was pure awesome and completely left field, I had no idea theyd throw in a class like this!  This game is going to dominate my life, Ive accepted my fate.

Uhm... Since you're going to find out sooner or later... that video was released april 1st. There's a very good reason why it was completely left field.

r505Matt said:
Funtime said:

GW2 sounds fantastic. The only issue it might have is how many people can actually run the game. WoW has 13 million players because just about everyone on Earth can run it at a steady 30 fps or better. GW2 will be lucky to have 3-5 million people world wide that can actually run it at it's full potential. Probably not even that. People don't generally like buying a great looking game then having to turn all of the video settings down to low just to play it at 20 fps.

With any luck the devs have crunched the code well enough that people won't need to spend $500 on PC upgrades to play it.

You ask how many can run the game, then you use the word full potential. Which is it? People don't play WoW for the graphics anyways (since they're awful), it's for the experience. Actually, MMO players have shown again and again that they care little for graphics anyways.

Also, Anet has stated that the engine is very optimized and looks great even at lower settings.

The thing about a lot gamers is that we don't want to play in lower settings. I personally don't enjoy games in low settings. I buy a game, I want the full experience, but sometimes due to our computer's specs, we accomodate and for the most part, it doesn't take away from the experience. I like this game and I havent played a good mmo since my early days of Maplestory. I have a gaming laptop, fairly recent and If it can run the game at least at a normal setting, I might just pick this up.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
r505Matt said:
Funtime said:

GW2 sounds fantastic. The only issue it might have is how many people can actually run the game. WoW has 13 million players because just about everyone on Earth can run it at a steady 30 fps or better. GW2 will be lucky to have 3-5 million people world wide that can actually run it at it's full potential. Probably not even that. People don't generally like buying a great looking game then having to turn all of the video settings down to low just to play it at 20 fps.

With any luck the devs have crunched the code well enough that people won't need to spend $500 on PC upgrades to play it.

You ask how many can run the game, then you use the word full potential. Which is it? People don't play WoW for the graphics anyways (since they're awful), it's for the experience. Actually, MMO players have shown again and again that they care little for graphics anyways.

Also, Anet has stated that the engine is very optimized and looks great even at lower settings.

The thing about a lot gamers is that we don't want to play in lower settings. I personally don't enjoy games in low settings. I buy a game, I want the full experience, but sometimes due to our computer's specs, we accomodate. I like this game and I havent played a good mmo since my early days of Maplestory. I have a gaming laptop, fairly recent and If it can run the game at least at a normal setting, I might just pick this up.

gw2 looks great, because of the art not the graphics. also if mmo players dont care about graphics, then they dont mind playing at a lower seeting.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
Areym said:
r505Matt said:
Funtime said:

The thing about a lot gamers is that we don't want to play in lower settings. I personally don't enjoy games in low settings. I buy a game, I want the full experience, but sometimes due to our computer's specs, we accomodate. I like this game and I havent played a good mmo since my early days of Maplestory. I have a gaming laptop, fairly recent and If it can run the game at least at a normal setting, I might just pick this up.

gw2 looks great, because of the art not the graphics. also if mmo players dont care about graphics, then they dont mind playing at a lower seeting.

I mean yeah, if the game is good, I will play lower settings but when i play in lower settings, I can't help but feel that I'm missing something, especially if it's for a game I'm paying for. I'm not gonna shell out money to play a game in lower settings, it doesn't make sense to me. If it's a free mmo, then I don't care as much. I like to think I'm not a graphics whore but idk anymore.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

By the way, anyone with the original game should hurry up and play as a Commando at Embark Beach while the quest is still there. It's being removed today, and it's great fun!