By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - George Hotz Runs Away to South America; Lies About Having PSN Account

I don't think one of his conditions was that he couldn't leave America so I'm sure hes just on holidays in South America. As for not handing over everything the courts asked him to do well if that is true then I don't think he has any chance of winning against Sony now so he may aswel stay in South America. I mean the one thing any court won't stand for is people not taking there rulings serious. Its not only against the law but it pisses off the judge and he'll never be in favour of Geohot.

Around the Network

This just seems too unrealistic.

PS.

The replies in this thread should be archived for future reference, to help decide whose opinion is worthy of attention, and whose should simply be ignored from now on.

EDIT: typo

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

I'm really happy he got caught :D

South America only has 12 countries and a french region.

Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile and Argentina, with French Guyana being there too.

My guess would be that he went to Brazil!

Around the Network

AFAIK, he's not facing criminal prosecution, so fleeing doesn't do anything and there are no restrictions on travel.

He's being sued, not prosecuted. Fleeing is pointless.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Damnyouall said:

PS.

The replies in this thread should be archived for future reference, to help decide whose opion is worthy of attention, and whose should simply be ignored from now on.

...I agree.

I'm sorry but why wouldn't he be allowed to leave the country?

is hacking code a criminal offence or a felony? the case hasn't even decided if what he did was even illegal yet, it's very likely he's just on vacation to cool off ^^.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Porcupine_I said:

i predict a photoshopped picture of mister Hotz wearing a poncho, a sombrero and a fake moustache in 3...2...1...

Really dude? You think all south americans look like the stereotypical mexican? All hispanics for that matter? Usually I'm not very anal about this stuff, but this just shows extreme ignorance.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Sony is going to hire Dog The Bounty Hunter.