By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stof's list of 18 games that took up his life

I've decided that this place needs more lists. Favourite game lists, top ten lists, all kind of lists. I myself will kick it off with my list of the games that ate my life away, (an idea I had while playing with Line Rider... damn thats addictive!).

So I've comprised a list of 18 games that I think got the most play time out of me, or atleast the games I seem to recall wasting the most time on. Now, for the sake of an enjoyable list, I've excluded some of the most obvious choices. Games like Zelda Oot, Mario 1,3 and 64 aren't going to make the list.

I just hope that someone out there has played some of these games too, as theres some pretty silly titles in here. Well, without further adu...adeu... adeau? without further wait, here's my top 18 games that ate away at my life.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

#18 - Jurrasic Park - Gameboy

A great movie deserves a great game, and...well ok, Maybe this wasn't really that great a game, but I sure loved it. shooting raptors, getting eggs, turning power on and off. There was frustration to be had for sure, those bloody little dinosaurs (those two getting frisky in the screenshot) would hardly ever line up properly with my gun, and I'll be damned if that loser kid didn't get trampled by the triceratops heard about a thousand times...or was it a stegasaurus herd?

It's clearly been too long since I've played this game, but it ate up a lot of my young life. Never played any of the sequels though. Might have had something to do with the movies being awful. Whats funny is that my favourite memory comes not from the game, but from the games manual. The description of the last level states "So close, yet so far away!" To this day I say that, then think of JP on gameboy, and chuckle

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:

Might have had something to do with the movies being awful.

They are great books.

#17 - Slime Volleyball - flash game

Simplicity is genius. Slime Volleyball is genius, playing Slime Volleyball during class is not so genius, but still fun. While it may have hurt my newspaper design class mark, It elevated my super fun play time levels through the roof!. I never fully beat the game, as Big Blue practically took up half the screen, but I made it up to his level a few times, with some nice scores to match.

Unfortunately, the two player Slime Volleybal suffered from the structure of the PC. It can only read, what, 3 keys at a time? It was so frustrating when you'd jump up for a spike, and then discover that you couldn't move forward because your jerk opponent was holding all his keys down just to freeze you up.

Still though, SV single and two player was a life stealer, many good hours had, I'll have to get back into it.

After these two I'm pretty sure there won't be any 3-D game on this list.

Around the Network
kber81 said:

I am not he started gaming in the 2D era, that doens't mean that he doesn't likte 3D...but I might say that it was some weird games

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I never recall hearing anything significant about the Jurassic Park games, but you never know. ;)

Here's my top 25.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?publicUserId=5783788&bId=7828676 

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

kber81 said:

Oh, I like 3-D games alright. Infact, my next game has so much of the third D you might accidently think it has 4! (I have no idea what that means)

#16 - Hellcats over the Pacific - My really old Mac

Whats better than bombing ships and flying into trees? bombing ships and flying into trees in glorious 256 colours! At the time of release this was considered a huge leap in flight sim games. What was so great about hellcats was how easy to get into it the game was. Even 8 year old me could enjoy this flight sim. I blew up many an air port runway with my orange octangular bombs, and kamakazeed many a ship while a gray stick of smoke shot out from my tail.

The only problem was that whenever you'd change views, the placement of trees on the ground would change as well. So I'd be landing my damaged ship, change vews while landing, and suddenly blow up on a tree that wasn't there a second ago. Boo to that! but yay to everything else!

This game is probably impossible to find now. But if you do, go for it, it's probably still quite fun despite aging horribly.

go on !

i wanna see/read more :)