By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New graphics tech for “Mighty” Xbox 360 !!!

Microsoft and Lionheaad Studio’s have released 2 videos from GDC 2011. In them we see two types of new graphics technology made specifically for the Xbox 360. The first, “Mega Meshes” will increase tessellation units and the overall polygon count and level of detail by a massive margin for the up-and-coming Xbox 360 exclusives. The second video, titled “Mighty Light” shows off the new lighting system. Check out the videos below. Let us know what you think about them.

link : http://www.lensoftruth.com/news/xbox360-news/microsoft-shows-off-new-graphics-tech-for-mighty-xbox-360/

Around the Network

go to the link

kowenicki said:
NNN2004 said:

go to the link

it wasnt there at first... lol

anyway, i will look now.

i know because i tried to put the video but i failed lol so i posted the link.

not bad though we all know that Gears of War 3 will be the only upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive until this gen is over ;)

Wow so the mega meshes video is possible on the 360?

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

thnks :)

I dont understand how that light source can put out light like that. It baffles my mind. Theres so much light on the top and just a circle on the floor. You would think it would put out the same amount of light from the top and the bottom. Then when they hit the switch the whole room brightens up, but where is the light coming from? The hanging light blocks light from the sides and it doesnt get any brighter on the bottom when the switch comes on.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I was very impressed by the first video...but I guess the 2nd just didn't really mean much to me.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I love how the first video reminds me of UP. These look like something in a pixar movie, which would be pretty cool if they implemented this style into a game.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Pretty good stuff.  Clearly from Milo & Kate work.  With the title apparently shut down I wonder if we'll see this stuff in action.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...