By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Lair for the PS3, that bad of a game?

Judging by your response to the negative reviews, you clearly didn't give a care about what other people's opinions were, unless they were positive. Very well done! Kinda like seeking yes men to affirm your decision, which is why I hate when people ask advice and disregard the vast majority of the responses. You didn't want advice, you wanted social validation. I say this because your opinion flipped the second 1 good review came in after 8 "Don't buy this" ones.

Apparently some people managed to enjoy the game. Some men also enjoy the thought of having their testicles cut off. They are both in the minority, and I would actually state that enjoying the thought of castration is closer than me liking Lair.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

It's a pretty decent game, excellent and amazing even in parts, IMO most media have been overreacting like little children. IMO Lair has been dragged through the dirt far too much and Halo 3 has been overhyped way too much. Lair is a lot more innovative than Halo 3, unlike what the US press wants you to believe.

It's not the classic we hoped for though, with its many rough edges, I would recommend to give the game a rent to see where you stand, IMO it's a much better game than many XBox 360 games which received more than 7 score averages from the US gaming press.

The game is quite unique in terms of gameplay, for other user impressions look here:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=lair

Overall Lair IMO is a welcome addition to the PS3's game gerne diversity. And overall the controls work well!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

What's so innovative about Lair? Take Rogue Squadron, replace the Star Wars ships with dragons, replace the analog control with motion control, juice up the graphics, and you have Lair. Even the menu design and medal system are exactly the same.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Sorair said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Why bother? Why not buy a game that actually got good reviews.

Because I have already made my choice, thats why.

Plus, I'm not picking this game over all the top best games or anything. I would just like to have the PS3 exclusives in my libaray. So having Lair, I could own it and give my personal review on it myself.

Isn't that just a waste of money? I mean, why not just buy all the good Playstation 3 games, instead of buying all the exclusives? You will never own all the exclusives anyways, for there will be too many of them. Besides, do you even own all of the exclusives that got 80%+ on Game Rankings? Get those first, or get those only. Even buying all of the first-party games on the Playstation 3 is a bad idea, but it would definitely make more sense than buying all the exclusives. Besides, the Playstation 3 system is by far, not the greatest console of all time anyways. One more thing, every single video game exists in the world anyways, as they stand, and owning some of them does nothing but relocate them. The entire mentality of "owning" is all in the head anyways. These games will exist after you are gone, so what importance is there to own all of these games, especially if their main purpose is to exist in a collection, than rather be played? If you want to see all of the Playstaiton 3 exclusives, go to Future Shop, and you can see them all there. So what difference would it make, to see them all in your home?

Because first, your not me. I made the decision already on what I'm going to do. So leave this thread since you absolutely didn't make an contribution to the it.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
skipo said:

I have Lair since the release and I'm really happy for my parchuse dispite of several bad reviews from websites. I can tell you that I didn't have ANY problem with the controls. I don't know what kind of game the reviewers played or probably they suck at playing videogames but there's no way to not get use to the motion sensor if you are a "true" gamer. The definition of the true gamer (from my point of view) is that every game that you play you can finished it and enjoyed every minute of it. Just my 2 cents =)

so here's my rate for LAIR:

Presentation: 8 (menu,extras and stuff)

Gameplay: 8

Graphics: 9

Story: 7.5

Sound: 10 (best music in a video game plus 7.1 support)

overall: 8.5

mery xmas =)

Kick-ass review ;)

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:
Judging by your response to the negative reviews, you clearly didn't give a care about what other people's opinions were, unless they were positive. Very well done! Kinda like seeking yes men to affirm your decision, which is why I hate when people ask advice and disregard the vast majority of the responses. You didn't want advice, you wanted social validation. I say this because your opinion flipped the second 1 good review came in after 8 "Don't buy this" ones.

Apparently some people managed to enjoy the game. Some men also enjoy the thought of having their testicles cut off. They are both in the minority, and I would actually state that enjoying the thought of castration is closer than me liking Lair.

You just don't listen do you. Why post and don't look through the whole thread?

I cleary said I was going to Gamestop/EBGames and buy a used Lair play it, then exchange it for another game if I don't like it.

GooseGaws said:
What's so innovative about Lair? Take Rogue Squadron, replace the Star Wars ships with dragons, replace the analog control with motion control, juice up the graphics, and you have Lair. Even the menu design and medal system are exactly the same.

The two most innovative aspects of this game are overall good motion sensing control and PSP remote-play. Halo 3 offers 0% innovation, innovation isn't required to make an excellent game though, just think the term shouldn't be used in the same sentence as Halo 3.

I haven't played Rogue Squadron, but to me it looks like a very very different style of game, in fact I know no game really being similar to Lair.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@ mike b

You need to give halo 3 credit for forge. Its pretty neat.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
@ mike b

You need to give halo 3 credit for forge. Its pretty neat.

forge is really good

MikeB said:
GooseGaws said:

The two most innovative aspects of this game are overall good motion sensing control and PSP remote-play. Halo 3 offers 0% innovation, innovation isn't required to make an excellent game though, just think the term shouldn't be used in the same sentence as Halo 3.

I haven't played Rogue Squadron, but to me it looks like a very very different style of game, in fact I know no game really being similar to Lair.

panzer dragoon might be similar to it except it doesnt have its problems