By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Lair for the PS3, that bad of a game?

@ sieanr

Again why is being similar to RS a bad thing?

I certainly didn't, I haven't even played Rogue Squadron.

The fact of the matter is I don't have to look at the videos because I've actually played both games. Have you?

Are you so slow? I think based on my comments you can easily come to the correct conclusion.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, WipeOut and Motorstorm are good racing games, but even by just looking at their gameplay videos you can easily judge they are very different apart from being racing games.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ sieanr

Again why is being similar to RS a bad thing?

I certainly didn't, I haven't even played Rogue Squadron.

The fact of the matter is I don't have to look at the videos because I've actually played both games. Have you?

Are you so slow? I think based on my comments you can easily come to the correct conclusion.

Both Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, WipeOut and Motorstorm are good racing games, but even by just looking at their gameplay videos you can easily judge they are very different apart from being racing games.

Are you slow? I've said that I've played all the RS games and Lair, and that in my experience they are far more similar then you are claiming.

Just because its dragons and not space ships doesn't mean that the core gameplay and game mechanics aren't very similar, because they are. Hell, you've had someone say that things as simple as the medal system and menus are practically the same, but still you persist.

And you still haven't explained why being so similar to RS is a bad thing. (you messed up the quotes IMO) 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Back to original poster - In reality, you're right, that does follow my advice, though I'm also highly opposed to giving EB games money.

So I apologize for the offensive, at least in relating to your design, but still stand by my original point!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

So far the game seems to have sold around 250K for the North America and Japan:
http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6981

I wonder has many copies have been sold for Europe (/rest of the World).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

250k is dismal sales for a game that cost over $25 million.

Hasn't HS sold more than this? I know at launch Lair was selling better than the good PS3 titles such as Warhawk and I think HS, but I guess its craptasticness caught up with it.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"