By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How to watch Bluray quality HD on your 360. Without the cost.

Cool for 360 owners, I got me a PS3 so I'll be on my merry way.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Nice find dude!

Hey just a question but how does Netflix HD compare to Blu-ray?

On a 1080p set, it doesn't. That being said, it's good enough for most people.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

11 gig will take me about 12 hours to download and i only have 60 gig bandwith per mounth and i dont usualy buy movies anyway i watch them online for free (i know all the good sites :P) PM me if anyone wants the links (i dont think its legal but meh iv been doin it for years)

selnor said:
Darth Tigris said:

Hey Sel, is this really legal?

Yep. Theres loads of sites out there on which you pay a monthly fee to download files. Torrents are illegal. Such as Torrentz.com etc. But shop around, you can find yourself a nice legal download site which will monthly charge you for the privrldge.

Can you link to one as i'm having trouble believing it's legal, and that movie studios just let you download BR quality files of their movies and keep them?

Nomad Blue said:

Hang on, you can download and keep as many Blu-ray quality movies as you like, from some internet site, for only £6.99 a month, and it's completely legal?  I must be missing something here....

I am not so sure how legal this is selnor. Seems to be more in a state of limbo rather than legal. I found some info on cnet about it, and here is a snip it.

Q: Are people who have uploaded or downloaded copyrighted files from Usenet at legal risk?
A: The current lawsuits are targeting only the search engines and NZB file hubs. However, as with virtually every activity on the Internet, uploading and downloading files from Usenet does leave a trace that can be tracked back to the individual ISP and computer, if copyright holders dedicate enough resources to it.

Around the Network

I'm just so happy Selnor is back.

Selnor I miss you >_<

thranx said:
Nomad Blue said:

Hang on, you can download and keep as many Blu-ray quality movies as you like, from some internet site, for only £6.99 a month, and it's completely legal?  I must be missing something here....

I am not so sure how legal this is selnor. Seems to be more in a state of limbo rather than legal. I found some info on cnet about it, and here is a snip it.

Q: Are people who have uploaded or downloaded copyrighted files from Usenet at legal risk?
A: The current lawsuits are targeting only the search engines and NZB file hubs. However, as with virtually every activity on the Internet, uploading and downloading files from Usenet does leave a trace that can be tracked back to the individual ISP and computer, if copyright holders dedicate enough resources to it.

Reading that, it doesn't make it sound legit at all.  Though i'd still like to read up on the service Selnor uses.

Not legal, not even a little. But blu ray isos are the way to go- what with the freeness. 

On suggestion though, use a free site and save the monthly fee while still keeping the same level of legality. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I feel having 360 in the title is a bit of a rip since any pc and ps3 can do that, infact you can store it on your pc and ps3 you can't on your 360, so yeah... a little biased also downloading movies isn't exactly news 

Yea sorry man buying bootlegs from some site is not legal.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!