By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Classic games on PSN!

If I was paranoid, I would say he's out to get me personally. It's not paranoid to point out that a fanboy praising his/her favored system is only giving the praise because it's his/her system, REGARDLESS of whether it is something praiseworthy.

It's like sychophants laughing at all the king's jokes. Who cares if they are funny or not? He's the king, so sychophants laugh anyway, and kwaad is a Sony sychophant. Basically, I don't want him demeaning Sony with praise he doesn't really mean.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

If I was paranoid, I would say he's out to get me personally. It's not paranoid to point out that a fanboy praising his/her favored system is only giving the praise because it's his/her system, REGARDLESS of whether it is something praiseworthy.

It's like sychophants laughing at all the king's jokes. Who cares if they are funny or not? He's the king, so sychophants laugh anyway, and kwaad is a Sony sychophant. Basically, I don't want him demeaning Sony with praise he doesn't really mean.

youve lost your mind

I've got your back, Night Knight. I know what you're talking about.

Kwaad has had a history of sniping at Nintendo projects, or at least talking condescendingly about Nintendo and its fans.  He'll talk about how something is good, and then will subtly jab at nintendo. 

It got so bad, that it finally lead up to the infamous Kwaad "experiment" where he made up a story about why he wanted to sell his Wii because it sucked or whatever.

However, Kwaad has reformed since then and has been adding to the intelligence of the forum. The flame baiting and all that stuff was in the past, and there's no need to bring up the past.

He's pro-sony and that's fine. Let's not crucify him for not liking Nintendo as much.  I'm sure had anyone *not* named Kwaad started this thread, it wouldn't have stirred up much controversy.

Kwaad, I got your back too. As long as you are civil and intelligent, then you should be entitled to your opinion, no matter what it is!

That Guy said:

I've got your back, Night Knight. I know what you're talking about.

Kwaad has had a history of sniping at Nintendo projects, or at least talking condescendingly about Nintendo and its fans. He'll talk about how something is good, and then will subtly jab at nintendo.

It got so bad, that it finally lead up to the infamous Kwaad "experiment" where he made up a story about why he wanted to sell his Wii because it sucked or whatever.

However, Kwaad has reformed since then and has been adding to the intelligence of the forum. The flame baiting and all that stuff was in the past, and there's no need to bring up the past.

He's pro-sony and that's fine. Let's not crucify him for not liking Nintendo as much. I'm sure had anyone *not* named Kwaad started this thread, it wouldn't have stirred up much controversy.

Kwaad, I got your back too. As long as you are civil and intelligent, then you should be entitled to your opinion, no matter what it is!

No argument there. As for the game, I do hope it does well enough that Nintendo will either drop VC prices or start adding extra featured to compete.

And I'm glad this trend it catching on. We are getting plenty of old games remixed to add new life to them, such as Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo and Super Streeet Fighter II Turbo

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kwaad said:

I played warioware for about 2 hours and enjoyed it. I played it for another 4 hours in disbeleif that I got ripped out of 50$. Thinking I was missing something.

Yes, your right, there are short games on any console. Any platform.

On the PS3 they cost about 5-7$

And on the PS2 they usually cost around 20$

Why on the Wii do they cost 50$?

C'Mon, is that baiting people? You can'tbe serious about those comments can you?

It's not about WarioWare being a short game for $50... on the Wii short games DONT cost $50, that's a main disc based game and for $50 I think it is pretty good value.

You say you played it for 2 hours?? Then that means you didn't complete it, to say that you completed it then that means that you have good scores in each of the levels and have unlocked EVERY mode and EVERY minigame.  I doubt many people could do this in less than 10 hours, if not take more.

Look at Mario Kart 64, when that was full priced people didn't complain, that is a short game with only 16 tracks which COULD be completed in about 2 hours as well...

This argument is just completely stupid, so I'm not going to continue, I didn't mind the main premise of the thread (wtf couldn't Nintendo ad online multiplayer to Mario Kart 64??? that would be SICK) but this post is just silly. 

Around the Network

Kwaad, how do you count Multiplayer, because Warioware is meant to be somewhat of a party game.

If 4 people play it for one hour, does that make 12.50 bucks an hour for enjoyment? 

And of course, lets say 5 times out of the year you get 4 people to play it for one hour at a time. That's 5 times X 4 people X 1 hour = 20 hours of total gameplay which brings the "Kwaad cost of enjoyment" to like 2.50 an hour.

Multiplayer adds lots of value to it, IMO. I got SSB:M bundled in my GC system, and considering how many hours upon hours upon hours i've logged on it playing with 3 other people, I say I got my money's worth, considering it was "free."

Had I bought SSB for 50 dollars, I could probably beat the game in under 2 hours and make the same argument that it cost me 25 dollars/hour, but there's a ton of replay value there :-p

sieanr said:

I just want to get two things out of the way.

1. I hate Mortal Kombat. The controls have always felt broken and it's (IMHO) awful compared to other 2d fighters. The series succeeded via shock value, not being a good game.

2. All the next gen consoles do an awful job of emulating these classic titles, especially the 360 and PS3 - but that's because they're in HD.

1.  Fair enough, but I'm curious what fighters you liked more back then, if any.  Street Fighter would be my guess. I always preferred MK controls better, personally.  Playing online I realized how much I suck at MK, now, and I think there is decent depth to the controls. Timing is everything.

2.  I have no idea what you are talking about here.  What does a console being able to output HD have to do with the quality of the emulation?  It seems to be spot on to me, but maybe I just don't remember the countless hours I played the game.  Also, on the PS3 you can install Linux and emulate whatever you want.  It's just like a PC.  Still, I have no idea why you say MK2 is a bad port because seeing as how you don't like it I'm sure you haven't played it.  That's the only old game so far on the PSN, so what else can you even mean? 

That Guy said:

Kwaad, how do you count Multiplayer, because Warioware is meant to be somewhat of a party game.

If 4 people play it for one hour, does that make 12.50 bucks an hour for enjoyment?

And of course, lets say 5 times out of the year you get 4 people to play it for one hour at a time. That's 5 times X 4 people X 1 hour = 20 hours of total gameplay which brings the "Kwaad cost of enjoyment" to like 2.50 an hour.

Multiplayer adds lots of value to it, IMO. I got SSB:M bundled in my GC system, and considering how many hours upon hours upon hours i've logged on it playing with 3 other people, I say I got my money's worth, considering it was "free."

Had I bought SSB for 50 dollars, I could probably beat the game in under 2 hours and make the same argument that it cost me 25 dollars/hour, but there's a ton of replay value there :-p

Yeah, I have no idea what Kwaad is talking about.  Mario Party games may be overpriced but every single one seems to have at least 3 or 4 really good mini-games and casual gamers like it.  I personally can't stand the randomness of the board and prefer just playing skill mini-games, but most people like the board mode.  Those, wario, and others are good party games.