By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Classic games on PSN!

The first midway classic game has just been released on the PSN earlier today. The game was Mortal Kombat 2. It is basically just a port of the old SNES game, With one major upgraded feature that that is the support of online play.

A 15 year old game being ported, with added online play. For 5$ on top of that.

The PS3 version of the classic SNES is cheaper than the VC SNES games, as well as it has added features. Now that's what I call value.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

I would have rather had the later Mortal Kombats though...

Mortal Kombat2 was my favorite.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:

The first midway classic game has just been released on the PSN earlier today. The game was Mortal Kombat 2. It is basically just a port of the old SNES game, With one major upgraded feature that that is the support of online play.

A 15 year old game being ported, with added online play. For 5$ on top of that.

The PS3 version of the classic SNES is cheaper than the VC SNES games, as well as it has added features. Now that's what I call value.

What a lie. You aren't calling the game a value. You're calling something that favors Sony a value. When the objective facts favor Nintendo, you just lie and twist it around. So it doesn't matter whether it's really a value. You'd pretend it was better, even if it cost $100.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

No its actually just better value, plain and simple.......

Around the Network
jstam said:

Indeed, it really is.

MK2 was also my favorite. MK3 was when the series began to go downhil until very recently. MK2 was superior to MK1 so in my mind they made the best choice. I played it online today and there does not appear to be any lag. Very nice feature. $5 well spent...great childhood memories relived with a leaderboard for online play. Awesome. I look forward to more of these ports with added features (NBA Jam anyone?).

Honestly, I can always play these games on emulators for my PC with gamepads, on the PS3, on the PSP, etc, so I most likely would not have payed for it if not for the online feature. Great deal.

jstam said:

I'm not arguing that. My point is that kwaad cares more about it favoring Sony than any real value of the price and features.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
jstam said:

I'm not arguing that. My point is that kwaad cares more about it favoring Sony than any real value of the price and features.

So what.  Most people on this forum are biased one way or another.  However, he was dead on telling the truth about the value of this deal.  Why you choose now to get all upset is beyond me.  Do you have a PS3?  If not, are you jealous and upset you can't play it?  Seriously, there are much better times to attack him than this when he's 100% correct. 

windbane said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
jstam said:

So what. Most people on this forum are biased one way or another. However, he was dead on telling the truth about the value of this deal. Why you choose now to get all upset is beyond me. Do you have a PS3? If not, are you jealous and upset you can't play it? Seriously, there are much better times to attack him than this when he's 100% correct.

He's praising it for the wrong reasons. He's just giving Sony empty flattery, with no value to the praise.

The Jab at the end of the post is what NightKnight is calling out.  Kwaad said "hey MK2 is great blah blah"

and then "oh yeah, and its online and cheaper than the VC version"