By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ron Paul For President in 2008

cdude1034 said:

I found this comment on Digg:

" Just make sure you know what he's after before you vote for him.
He wants to ban abortion, and he also wants to repeal the income tax. In other words, the rich get richer, and the poor will suffer. We will also have plenty of unwanted children being raised -- or not -- by resentful and indifferent mothers who were browbeaten into having them (just don't look to these guys to help support them, welfare queens!).
Just because it's unpleasant doesn't mean 'making it go away' will work.

Removing oversight in our corporatocracy is a bad idea too, bottom line.

If you want to vote for him, go to, but make sure you're actually informed and not just following others around; honesty is not a given in any medium today, most especially the internet."

The bottom line is, this guy is nucking futs.

Even though he doesn't outright say he wants to ban abortion, he does say he wants to delegate the decision to the states, which would then ban it outright, especially in the South. Taking away of Civil Rights is a bad thing guys :-

He wants to get rid of the Fed! You know, the people regulating our currency? Whatever. Luckily he's nothing more than a fad.

This guy has had to have spent LOADS on a viral campaign by now, judging by the insane amount of Ron Paul shit I've seen all over the streets and the internet. You know they're all posted by the same 4 guys...

Yes he's likable, and yes he may be a great guy, but his ideologies are absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather ote for Romney...If I was republican.

People don't understand that he's a constitutionalist. Yes, his personal opinion is that he doesn't like abortion. What you all fail to realize though, is that he wants to delegate it to the states, not because he's against it per se, but because the 10th amendment delegates those decisions to individual states, not the federal government.

Around the Network

stof and Jspence, I have read up. He wants to do away with a lot of the government. It sounds scary, yes. But guess what? 10 years ago we had no Dept. of Homeland Security. Department of Education was less than 30 years ago (Keep in mind, US education is horrible in most places). Dept. of Energy is nearly 30 years old (Gas prices are horrendous). What good are they doing really. Taking our money and wasting it. It would be much more beneficial to leave the money with the consumers. A lot looks good on paper, like I am sure many of these departments did. But in practice, some fail. Communism looked good on paper as well. We all know how that turned out.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I don't like him. He gets too many diggs....suspicious to say the least. I also don't like his views on certain issues.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

loadedstatement said:
stof and Jspence, I have read up. He wants to do away with a lot of the government. It sounds scary, yes. But guess what? 10 years ago we had no Dept. of Homeland Security. Department of Education was less than 30 years ago (Keep in mind, US education is horrible in most places). Dept. of Energy is nearly 30 years old (Gas prices are horrendous). What good are they doing really. Taking our money and wasting it. It would be much more beneficial to leave the money with the consumers. A lot looks good on paper, like I am sure many of these departments did. But in practice, some fail. Communism looked good on paper as well. We all know how that turned out.

Seriously now, do you honestly think we'd be better without any of those?

Especially the Dept of Education. Yes, let's make sure none of our schools have any accountability for anything. Gas prices would be horrendous even without the dept of energy.

The bottom line is that these departments make sure things go where they need to go and that they get there in a timely fashion. (Minus FEMA, they've been nothing but trouble :-\)

@ White devil - I wrote in my post he wants to delegate that to the states. But here's the thing, do you think our country isn't Christian enough that they wouldn't ban abortion in EVERY state? Please. It essentially means it will get banned. Do you think segregation is left better to the states? Mississippi still/would have thought so. Does that mean that leaving that decision up to the states is the best of decisions? Naw man. 

Currently playing: Civ 6

Ya... laissez-faire capitalism also looks god on paper. But the reason that those governmental agencies are in place is because America tried that already, and it just doesn't work. The idea that the very existence of government 'wastes' money is wrong, period. Almost ALL real economic studies of government vs. privately run public service have shown that government provided services were more efficient and cheaper than thier private counterparts. The reason that all these government agencies exist is to try to ameliorate the excesses of capitalism. The Dept. of Energy doesnt have anything to do with gas prices, the market does, so you want to give more power to the oil companies? The Dept. of Education was established BECAUSE U.S. education was horrible in many places, and a modern power such as the U.S. needs consistent education standards across all it's regions.

Dismantling the government does not somehow put power in the hands of the people, it goes straight in the hands of corporations. His brand of 'constitutionalism' just doesn't work for a modern nation. America is no longer a nation of elitist gentleman farmers like the Framers had in mind, and trying to revert back to this 'ideal' will result in complete ruin.

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:

An industry in the hands of a competent government is a valuable asset to the economy versus completely private interests.  A good example is to look at European highspeed internet penetration and quality versus that of the United States.  Truly the U.S. is behind the times in that area because the government is so lax in its regulations dealing with large providers. 

Of course, the government has never been very good at dealing with monopolies.  Splitting the monopoly Ma Bell into a set of regional monopolies instead of a set of national competitors is a good example of such government idiocy. 

Stephen Colbert:

I realize no one wants to be told that what they support is insane (And being a Canadian NDP'er, I know the feeling first hand!) but really, Ron Paul is just like lunar landing hoax theories... Huge on the internet, but laughed at or completely unkown in the real world.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

What we're doing NOW is nuts, folks. We have a foreign policy and social programs that cost trillions of dollars, which we can't pay for with all our taxes and loans, so we let the banks who run the Fed print the money to make up the difference, devaluing our currency. THAT'S bats*** insane. Ron Paul is a voice of reason.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

He seems to be an honest man with some of the most stupid policies in the world - he wants to abolish the federal reserve and taxes for fucks sake, what do you think thats going to do to your economy?

What the U.S. is doing now is criminally insane. Which is worse than bat shit insane, but that doesn't make either of them sane.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.