By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ron Paul For President in 2008

I know many of you have probably already heard of Ron Paul.  He is all over the net.  I was just wondering what you guys think of him.  I think he is a great candidate and right now, I'm pulling for him.  I'm not trying to push a candidate on any of you or try to make you switch to Ron Paul, I just want to know what you guys think of him.  I've heard very little negative things about him.  If you do not know much about him, please watch this:

I can link to almost every news show, interview he has been on if some of you need more information on him.  

So, what do you guys think? 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Not voting for anyone from Texas...

Fool me once shame on you..

Fool me twice shame on me...

S-L-I-P said:

While I understand how Bush can scare you away, making a judgement about a whole state full of people just based on one is severely elementary.  I suggest you at least give every candidate a fair shot.  Even if you do end of voting for someone other than Ron Paul. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Soriku said:
Ron Paul or John Edwards is fine.

Agreed.  LIke myself, Ron Paul is a libertarian.  And John Edwards is just alright in my book.  Wouldn't mind him as president.  He seems to be the most real out of the candidates.   

Around the Network
S-L-I-P said:

Bush is a fake Texan. He's actually from Connecticut.

Ron Paul's ethics and integrity make him a model figure that the other candidates owuld be best to learn from.

Shame his policies are bat shit insane though...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Ron Paul's ethics and integrity make him a model figure that the other candidates owuld be best to learn from.

Shame his policies are bat shit insane though...

More batshit insane than putting our Bill of Rights through a paper shredder (the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th have all been either restricted, removed, or are allowed to now be taken away by the whim of the president. As a matter of fact, the last 7 years have done more damage to the Bill of Rights than the century before it).

I agree with stof. While he seems like a nice enough guy, most of Paul's policies are completely and utterly nuts. Most of the people who support Paul do so because they feel a sense of dissatisfaction with the status quo, and that's understandable, but folks should really read up on exactly what he wants to do to America before throwing your support behind him.

I found this comment on Digg:

" Just make sure you know what he's after before you vote for him.
He wants to ban abortion, and he also wants to repeal the income tax. In other words, the rich get richer, and the poor will suffer. We will also have plenty of unwanted children being raised -- or not -- by resentful and indifferent mothers who were browbeaten into having them (just don't look to these guys to help support them, welfare queens!).
Just because it's unpleasant doesn't mean 'making it go away' will work.

Removing oversight in our corporatocracy is a bad idea too, bottom line.

If you want to vote for him, go to, but make sure you're actually informed and not just following others around; honesty is not a given in any medium today, most especially the internet."

The bottom line is, this guy is nucking futs.

Even though he doesn't outright say he wants to ban abortion, he does say he wants to delegate the decision to the states, which would then ban it outright, especially in the South. Taking away of Civil Rights is a bad thing guys :-\

He wants to get rid of the Fed! You know, the people regulating our currency? Whatever. Luckily he's nothing more than a fad.

This guy has had to have spent LOADS on a viral campaign by now, judging by the insane amount of Ron Paul shit I've seen all over the streets and the internet. You know they're all posted by the same 4 guys... 

Yes he's likable, and yes he may be a great guy, but his ideologies are absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather ote for Romney...If I was republican. 

Currently playing: Civ 6